Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Custom HD relay/ fuse terminal

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Custom HD relay/ fuse terminal

This one comes from Dave over at
http://www.autotrendefi.com/

After looking around and finding nothing that suits my standards for a solid one piece relay/ fuse terminal combo, I found Dave who makes them with OEM parts, epoxy and quality. I plan to run two lightbars on a few separate circuits for spots, floods etc- body lights, under hood lights, reverse lights, power outlet under the hood... and the list will add on and on over time.

Agreed, you can piece together radioshack parts, or go with any number of other bussman type DIY setups, but you won't find this part anywhere but this group buy. this will be made with OEM type epoxy and molded plastic, not plug together parts.

Here's an example of what it'll look like-

The relay we're buying will have prewired:

• EIGHT 40 Amp relays, rated for constant 40A use, all 12V+ switched
  • One of these 8 powers Four separate fuses
  • 7 relays control 7 seperate fuses (one each)
  • SIXTEEN total fuses:
    Four 20A fuses switched from 1 relay
    Four 20A fuses wired for constant 12v power
    Eight 30A fuses protect all 8 relayed circuits.
INPUTS:
  • Main battery input will be 3/8" stud type terminal block to handle 100% capacity of the whole terminal
  • One switched 12V+ input from engine on controlling one relay to 4 fuses (or your own switch)
  • Seven 12V+ inputs controlling the other seven relays
  • One common relay ground
OUTPUTS:
  • Seven relay outputs 12 gauge wire leads 12" long
  • Eight fused outputs 16 gauge wire leads 12" long
    (4 constant hot, 4 hot only with key on)
Here's what yours will look like: (Prototype model-Minus the 12" wire pigtails of course)

Group buy ends March 1st
payments taken over the phone to him or PayPal at the end of the group buy after price break is determined.

Cost breaks:

20+- $334 each
11-20 panels- $358 Each
1-10 panels- $378 Each
The price breaks may go lower if we get enough interest.

Yes. it's pricey. hopefully we can get it lower.

My justification here:
  • I just dropped $35,000.00 on my Tacoma. Trying to save $100.00 on a vital setup component is a bit like using a ziplock as a rubber. It'll probably work... hopefully...
    What's spending less than one percent of the value to do it right?
  • I know the importance of laying solid groundwork before expanding- nothing more *facepalm* than having your $500.00 light bar setup melt the $5.00 ebay chinamade relay and (in my case) start a wirefire along with it.
  • This unit will very likely cover every new circuit you plan to run SAFELY and SIMPLY to avoid your octopus orgy wire job and save you from running hot power through your in cab switch.
  • nothing's more satisfying than a clean, neat wiring setup you never have to touch again.

Hopefully these images embedded correctly, and hopefully we can get over 25 & help everyone out. anyone?

1. SPENCER

Attached Thumbnails
Custom HD relay/ fuse terminal-relays1.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Not to HiJack the thread, but have you seen the Spod? I put one in our jeep, super slick one wire into the cab for the switch panel. It even has low voltage protection.

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/52.htm
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytorTruck View Post
Not to HiJack the thread, but have you seen the Spod? I put one in our jeep, super slick one wire into the cab for the switch panel. It even has low voltage protection.

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/52.htm

well damn. looked all over & never found that...

well now what.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
also alot of guys use these:
http://www.starmarinedepot.com/Blue+...FRSTPAodYR8AGQ

its a marine grade fuse block...so completely waterproof and very neat!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Haha it was great until I saw that SPOD...

Well as a courtesy to Dave who took the time to design this thing for me/ us, I'll leave this thread going in case anyone is interested in this thing.
Otherwise...

Howbout that Super Bowl eh? Haha
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
lol.....sorry
Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
all these ideas and suggestions are great, but id just like to carry one type of fuse type...like the mini used in factory fuse boxes
Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMara View Post
all these ideas and suggestions are great, but id just like to carry one type of fuse type...like the mini used in factory fuse boxes
Do they make a 40a mini fuse? & I never had a problem with minis till I had to figure out how to tap a hot lead into my compressor relay circuit-
I had plenty of those little s shaped doodads that let you tap into regular fuses and plenty of male flat tab wire connectors that fit perfectly into a fuse spot, but nothing at all that worked with minis.
Two fuse types would be great for me.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #12
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
OP, you might want to look at AutoRod controls. I have their 8000 series relay panel and switches.

$294 from Amazon

Manufacturers page

My relay panel installed in a pelican case under the hood.

The EMP proof switch panel that comes with it. The switches can be set to momentary or full on/off. There is also a master switch that kills the entire panel. I currently have my switch panel in the center console, but I'll be moving it up to the headliner soon.

Just some food for thought. Good luck with your selection.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #13
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
Going to drop this off also. That price seems a little high for that block of his.

http://www.shop.lwgraphicshop.com/WH...LLER-PCC8R.htm
Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #14
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowinhz View Post
Going to drop this off also. That price seems a little high for that block of his.

http://www.shop.lwgraphicshop.com/WH...LLER-PCC8R.htm

I actually went with the sPOD after this thread- check out my build thread for pics etc. it's one of the first ones I did to my truck. They built me a custom switch panel and did one hell of a job at it too. Got take a look and call em up! they've made two or three more after people keep seeing my build thread.

isnt cheap. but worth every single penny.
Works perfectly, and has my entire Aux. electrical circuit isolated and safe with the low voltage cutoff.

Products Discussed in this Thread