Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #1701
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Plenty of coverage. My dad, little bro and i all stood under it easy. They extend out real far. Plus its just about perfect width for covering the rear tail gate of the truck for the kitchen haha

Either way..awnings are awesome.
YOU SIR NEED A TRASHEROO
WHATS AN AWNING GO FOR?
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?

Old 09-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1702
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
YOU SIR NEED A TRASHEROO
WHATS AN AWNING GO FOR?
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?
WHY ARE WE YELLING??? haha

yea trasheroo would be nice for sure.

Awnings are just shade. Keeps you out of the rain and sun. You can also buy mesh walls for bugs(i have that) or solid walls and floor and basically have a tent.

Mounts using 90* angle brackets.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #1703
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Hose clamp it to your Yakima rack. It's like $300 for the 79"

Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #1704
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Hose clamp it to your Yakima rack. It's like $300 for the 79"
this is what i was thinking or to my bed rack
when i make it

Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #1705
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plenty of coverage. My dad, little bro and i all stood under it easy. They extend out real far. Plus its just about perfect width for covering the rear tail gate of the truck for the kitchen haha

Either way..awnings are awesome.
These are awesome pics. Can't convince the wife we need (I know it's a want) this type of setup. Camping to her means a motel. LOL.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #1706
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
These are awesome pics. Can't convince the wife we need (I know it's a want) this type of setup. Camping to her means a motel. LOL.

trust me. If you can find a member close to you with one to show the wife..she will approve. I have done it haha guys wife was okay with it within minutes of seeing it and he bought one the next week hahaha

Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #1707
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
trust me. If you can find a member close to you with one to show the wife..she will approve. I have done it haha guys wife was okay with it within minutes of seeing it and he bought one the next week hahaha
Agreed, the gf was anti getting a RTT until she saw one, now she wants one and hates normal tents haha

Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1708
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
WHAT SUSAN????
stop yelling!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1709
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know/can someone measure the optimal mounting height in order to use the annex?

I am starting the design process for an expo trailer and would like to have the annex that came with my Mt. Shasta be useable and not dragging on the ground or pulling the floor up when installed. I know it will depend on ground levelness, so a 6" range or so would be great.

I would do it myself, but I currently have no way to mount my RTT so it can be opened.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #1710
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Mine sat about 6'1" off the ground with no lift on the truck. Will be going up 5" or so so I hope the annex still reaches the ground.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1711
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Mine sat about 6'1" off the ground with no lift on the truck. Will be going up 5" or so so I hope the annex still reaches the ground.
Was the annex pretty taught at that height?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #1712
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I've been kicking around doing the same thing. Just not a 79 inch one because I don't have a trail limo.
Hahaha I got a 99" in the mail as of today. Trail limo ftw!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #1713
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Was the annex pretty taught at that height?
I had some room to spare, wasn't guyed out as much as it could have been so I'm not sure exactly how much I had.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #1715
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Does anyone know/can someone measure the optimal mounting height in order to use the annex?

I am starting the design process for an expo trailer and would like to have the annex that came with my Mt. Shasta be useable and not dragging on the ground or pulling the floor up when installed. I know it will depend on ground levelness, so a 6" range or so would be great.

I would do it myself, but I currently have no way to mount my RTT so it can be opened.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you!
You wouldn't have to set up the tent...just take out hte annex walls and get a couple people to help you stretch it out.
There is a velcro strip on the inside of the walls that allows you to fold up the walls about 1'0 so you have two options for heights. My tent is about 5'0 off the ground and its a little low even with the velcro deal. No big deal to me, the annex is just for storage when I need it.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #1716
ON VACATION!
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
You wouldn't have to set up the tent...just take out hte annex walls and get a couple people to help you stretch it out.
There is a velcro strip on the inside of the walls that allows you to fold up the walls about 1'0 so you have two options for heights. My tent is about 5'0 off the ground and its a little low even with the velcro deal. No big deal to me, the annex is just for storage when I need it.
I have not even taken mine out of the bag yet.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #1717
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used it once, getting it to fit nicely back in the bagvus a challenge for me. So I always say screw the effort lol

Old 09-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1718
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally used my annex last weekend. It's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
I used it once, getting it to fit nicely back in the bagvus a challenge for me. So I always say screw the effort lol
I left mine attached to the tent and folded it up and threw the cover over it. Mine is only a mt bachelor so I can comment on whether or not it fits on the other tents or with any gear in the tent, but my annex is attached and my tent is folded up with the cover over it.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1719
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I left mine attached to the tent and folded it up and threw the cover over it. Mine is only a mt bachelor so I can comment on whether or not it fits on the other tents or with any gear in the tent, but my annex is attached and my tent is folded up with the cover over it.
That's a genius idea. I've got a Shasta so their close. I always leave my sleeping bag and a blanket in their, but shouldn't pose a problem.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #1720
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Finally used my annex last weekend. It's nice.

wait..then how is the tarp being held down on the side that doesn't zip??..

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread