LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #1861
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Thanks HomerTaco,

I think the Rainier is only 10 lbs heavier (empty) and the same folded measurements. I think the only difference is the overhang. Have you had four people up there?

Anybody else have beta on the Rainier or Hood? (even better beta if paired with a Snugtop XV)

Cheers,

Salt
Yeah. I was thinking the Mt. McKinley - the monster one...

The Rainer is the overhang version of the Hood.

There are more pics of my setup in my gallery if you want to see the placement.
So far I've been the only one sleeping in it.
For a family trip I see my wife & kids up top with me in the annex.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #1862
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Tent wins. Hands down.
But with all the weight it will add plus gear, wont I need suspension? lol or at least better springs? im still running stock suspension

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #1863
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
But with all the weight it will add plus gear, wont I need suspension? lol or at least better springs? im still running stock suspension

you can have the prerunner lean everyone wants, but for lots cheaper

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #1864
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
you can have the prerunner lean everyone wants, but for lots cheaper
Ya I hear you on that one.lol don't want to much lean if I go off road on trails or something

Old 11-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
If it is that much of a bother just throw an AAL on and call it a day. They are not all that expensive really...
Not a bad idea. ill have to look into it then

Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #1867
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unless the tent would wipe out all of your spending money for the next 6 months, wouldn't you be able to get the tent and see how the truck settles? If it's over the bed and the rear leaves lose like an inch, get an aal. Or save up to replace all your suspension. Then you'll want bigger tires...

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #1868
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
My truck didn't really settle much with the bed rack and tent. With bikes on the hitch rack and gear in the bed, it did settle some but not enough to warrant a suspension upgrade, maybe a little lean but not much. I don't really want a lift, so I will probably just add the Firestone air bags next year just to give it a little more support.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1869

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Unless the tent would wipe out all of your spending money for the next 6 months, wouldn't you be able to get the tent and see how the truck settles? If it's over the bed and the rear leaves lose like an inch, get an aal. Or save up to replace all your suspension. Then you'll want bigger tires...
Ya that's probably what I will do. And tires, my plan is to wait til the stock ones go bad but im currently only 8500 miles into them.lol

Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #1870
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is loaded to the gills with armor and i've been on stock suspension for about a month now. Putting the tent back on today after one last re-work of my rack and I don't anticipate any issues. Granted I do have an alcan custom leaf pack waiting in the wings so it's not that concerning haha

Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
My truck is loaded to the gills with armor and i've been on stock suspension for about a month now. Putting the tent back on today after one last re-work of my rack and I don't anticipate any issues. Granted I do have an alcan custom leaf pack waiting in the wings so it's not that concerning haha
Haha ya ive been watching your build. but I plan to get deavers or dakars

Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #1872
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha ya ive been watching your build. but I plan to get deavers or dakars

I have Dakars and I've noticed quite a bit of sag when I'm all loaded up. I do have a CBI HC rear with swing out, and full size spare on it, plus my rotopax, plus my bed rack, and the RTT. When all that is on, my rear squats probably close to a good inch if not a little more.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
I have Dakars and I've noticed quite a bit of sag when I'm all loaded up. I do have a CBI HC rear with swing out, and full size spare on it, plus my rotopax, plus my bed rack, and the RTT. When all that is on, my rear squats probably close to a good inch if not a little more.
Im going to assume that's not bad at all. I mean that's a good amount of weight

Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #1874
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you all. Is this how the majority of the mounting points are? A railing system that has hardware that is adjustable in its tracks until it is screwed down snugly?

The reason I ask is this. Simple solution to Rectify securing issues that people have addressed.

Eye Nuts or Eye Bolts

Then get yourself a Pad lock or two with an extended shackle, or a U-Lock. If you already have some locks on your vehicle for various things like I do, you can get some of the "American" locks that can be re-keyed, or order the locks from Master Lock Keyed properly to your current locks. http://www.padlockoutlet.com/Rekeyab...inum-Padlocks/

Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #1875
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You and your eye nuts. Haha. I used exhaust clamps on mine. Not going anywhere.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #1876
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
When I get an Idea, feel it is worthy of the public, I share. Someone will look at that and think, "Simple, elegant, secure. no Special tools needed, and if I loose the key, I can cut the lock off and not have to worry about damaging the RTT or ordering another Locking nut key from Cascadia." \

Yes, me with my nuts

Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #1877
Purveyor of Fun

Just giving you a hard time, they are indeed a great solution. It was pretty funny ordering 30 exhaust clamps. "what the heck kind of exhaust do you have?" Smh napa.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #1878
POOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JEFF
POOLGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone, here's some pictures of our set up. I used a 5x8 enclosed trailer and the Mt. Mckinley. We've used it a couple times, and have really enjoyed it. Makes camping fun again and easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_2843.jpg   Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_7102.jpg   Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_1874.jpg   Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_2109.jpg   Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_7153.jpg  

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_9055-1-.jpg   Cascadia Vehicle Tents Group Buy - March 1 through March 16-img_4368.jpg  

Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #1879
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Jef, got a build thread on that thing? trailer looks great..

Old 12-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1880
POOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JEFF
POOLGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Jef, got a build thread on that thing? trailer looks great..
Thank you.

nope, might do one in the future.

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread