LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS

Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #2341
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
That's the correct hardware, actually. You need to cut off that huge flange from the reflector to bolt it on.
just to make sure i do this correctly when i go tackle it and for others. is this picture correct for the d2s 3.0?
Attached Thumbnails
The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS-20140208_214854.jpg  
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #2342
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
just to make sure i do this correctly when i go tackle it and for others. is this picture correct for the d2s 3.0?
Yes. Leave enough for the h4 adapter to sit in the grooves still. I left the adapter on so I knew when to stop.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #2343
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Wow.

May as well do the FXR.

The whole point with the H1 and D2S retrofits was that no mods were needed to the housing.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #2344
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Wow.

May as well do the FXR.

The whole point with the H1 and D2S retrofits was that no mods were needed to the housing.
I agree. I was a little upset to find out the hard way. That was the whole reason I got the D2s...
Old 02-15-2014, 03:37 AM   #2345
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know where we are at for order numbers?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #2346
linuxbatm is on a distinguished road
Name: John
linuxbatm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow.

May as well do the FXR.

Just to be clear, the H1 minis still have enough threads/the proper nut to fit inside a 12-14 headlight correct?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:55 AM   #2347
vinnie is on a distinguished road
vinnie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, been following the forum for awhile, also jumped on the group sale......ended up putting these in my Saab rather than the Tacoma but I got to agree, very disappointed with the 3.0s mounting hardware----the hexagonal nut was impossible to fit without grinding down the back of my assembly so I ended up just skipping it and used just the knurled one (H4 adapter plate+bulb+spring+knurled lock nut). Am I just waiting to hit a bump and the projector will come lose? It looks like the mounting nuts from 2.0 were easier to install---- what were they, just round, with silicon washers/bands in between? Maybe I should be sending this question to TRS but are the 2.0 mounting nuts compatiblewith the 3.0s, and if so can they be ordered as replacement parts?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #2348
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
You can for sure order parts from trs. Just give them a call and they will sort you out with no problems. Now when comparing the 2.0 to the 3.0 I haven't seen much about them with comparing compatible parts. Just give them a call and they will help you out.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:21 AM   #2349
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
Correct. Still much easier than an FX-R since you know the aim is spot on.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #2350
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
It looks like the mounting nuts from 2.0 were easier to install---- what were they, just round, with silicon washers/bands in between?
Nothing in between.
Large silicone washer in the reflector bowl, feed through, 3-pronged centering washer, round knurled nut, lamp, couple of tensioning washers, rear round knurled cap, done.
Quote:
Maybe I should be sending this question to TRS but are the 2.0 mounting nuts compatiblewith the 3.0s, and if so can they be ordered as replacement parts?
From the looks of the picture above, the threads are shorter, so the bowl still needs to be trimmed.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #2351

Quote:
Correct. Still much easier than an FX-R since you know the aim is spot on.
Are the 2.0 unchanged, or are they now using the same hardware as the 3.0?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #2352
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Are the 2.0 unchanged, or are they now using the same hardware as the 3.0?
2.0 FX-R or D2S?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #2353

Quote:
2.0 FX-R or D2S?
D2S.
Any changes on the round lens type?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #2354

Quote:
D2S.
Any changes on the round lens type?
The 3.0 uses a new hex-type hardware but we will also start including additional hardware soon (that fits Toyota H4 flanges without trimming).

There is a "pre-production" (silver bowl) and "production" (black bowl) version of the 3.0 in distribution.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #2355
CaptJustin is on a distinguished road
Navy: QM2
Name: Justin
CaptJustin's Tacoma Gallery
Andrew, whats the latest on the GB tally? I inquired about the Bi-Xenon PNP upgrade kit and Jamielle got back to me with some good info.
Naturally, I have more questions... I just put an HID kit in before I joined the forum and I now have buyers remorse, ha
I'm looking into returning or using what I already have to save a couple bucks but if I can hack it (through the GB) and I'll just buy the kit.
Thanks man!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #2356
itzyoboipaul will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
itzyoboipaul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJustin View Post
Andrew, whats the latest on the GB tally? I inquired about the Bi-Xenon PNP upgrade kit and Jamielle got back to me with some good info.
Naturally, I have more questions... I just put an HID kit in before I joined the forum and I now have buyers remorse, ha
I'm looking into returning or using what I already have to save a couple bucks but if I can hack it (through the GB) and I'll just buy the kit.
Thanks man!
per Andrew TRS (2 pages before this I think)
The GB is for only the kits listed on the first page and not individual parts.

You'll have to get a complete stage 3 kit (comes with bulbs, shrouds, projector, ballasts, and relay)
Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #2357
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my kit this am. Psyched! Hope it ships soon!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2358
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzyoboipaul View Post
per Andrew TRS (2 pages before this I think)
The GB is for only the kits listed on the first page and not individual parts.

You'll have to get a complete stage 3 kit (comes with bulbs, shrouds, projector, ballasts, and relay)
He also did say if you already ordered a full kit you can get a upgrade kit.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #2359
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine ordered just 5 min ago. How far are we in the GB as of 2/24/2014?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #2360
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 3.0 uses a new hex-type hardware but we will also start including additional hardware soon (that fits Toyota H4 flanges without trimming).

There is a "pre-production" (silver bowl) and "production" (black bowl) version of the 3.0 in distribution.
So how do I get this "additional hardware"? I bought under the assumption there were no mounting changes and now have a projector I cannot use.