Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #2721
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
My 2001 does...
Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #2722
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
When I went to check out it is saying back ordered for the projectors and for the elite hid system? Is this just because I put in the tacomaworld discount so they might have to wait to ship?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #2723
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with 2012+ trucks, have the fixed the alignment washer yet or are you guys still having to cut it to make it right? Is it that difficult to get straight?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #2724
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stattonmw View Post
For those of you with 2012+ trucks, have the fixed the alignment washer yet or are you guys still having to cut it to make it right? Is it that difficult to get straight?
There's nothing wrong with the alignment washer--it's the stock flange being rotated slightly.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #2725
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
There's nothing wrong with the alignment washer--it's the stock flange being rotated slightly.
haha okay, so it has to be trimmed to account for our lame headlights?!

Also, I am really torn between the mini h1 and the d2s as I have had the mini h1, which I was really happy with and the fxr and for how easy the install is on those compared to the fxr I might go this route this time... is the d2s going to have as much color in the cutoff line as the h1 and is it going to give similar light output on the sides and foreground? I just like the plug of the d2s over the h1 but don't want any less in terms of performance
Old 04-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #2726
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
For the washer flange for D2S.
I typically put a line in the middle of the top tab by using a sharpie.
And use a filer to sand down material on the bowl.
When u get enough material away, line the washer to the straight line on the bowl to tell if it is center.

PS: I like trimming the BOWL to accommodate to the washer.
Because i feel that when u cut the washer, the cut might not be straight on the metal
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #2727
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
For the washer flange for D2S.
I typically put a line in the middle of the top tab by using a sharpie.
And use a filer to sand down material on the bowl.
When u get enough material away, line the washer to the straight line on the bowl to tell if it is center.

PS: I like trimming the BOWL to accommodate to the washer.
Because i feel that when u cut the washer, the cut might not be straight on the metal
Good thinking! I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #2728
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
So, I have a set of lenses that need this conversion done...

What is the best way to refurbish the clear lens? (Really wish they were glass like the 2000-2003 4runner.?

Can I send in the lenses and have them retrofitted by TRS?

What is the biggest projector that will fit a GEN 1 Tacoma?

So......?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #2729
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest thing to do is grind down the tab on the washer, takes about to good sweeps with a file or one quick hit with the dremel tool
Old 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #2730
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
So, I have a set of lenses that need this conversion done...

What is the best way to refurbish the clear lens? (Really wish they were glass like the 2000-2003 4runner.?

Can I send in the lenses and have them retrofitted by TRS?

What is the biggest projector that will fit a GEN 1 Tacoma?
We don't do any retrofitting here, just provide parts for a DIY installation.

Generally, once lenses are damaged by UV rays, there's no returning it 100%. We recommend just picking up a replacement pair. Then you can likely run a Mini D2S projector or possibly even an FX-R.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #2731
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Plan on getting in on this GB when I have the cash for it! Such as great GB price too!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #2732

Adjusting lights before work
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #2733

The new TRS headquarters being remodeled for maximum headlight prowess:

Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #2734
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
I have to reseal mine. Moisture finally got inside
Old 04-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #2735

I think this is slowing again because everyone has retrofits at this point. Any accuracy to that guess?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #2736
BallzDeep is how I go
916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
916TacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
I think this is slowing again because everyone has retrofits at this point. Any accuracy to that guess?
I hope not. I've been saving to get in on this. Next month I should be able to order a set.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #2737
ONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to behold

ONEBAR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916TacoTruck View Post
I hope not. I've been saving to get in on this. Next month I should be able to order a set.
Same.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2738
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
X3 haha
Old 04-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #2739
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that is accurate lol

Products Discussed in this Thread