Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1601
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Its so hard to choose.lol
Old 11-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #1602
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
Its so hard to choose.lol
Yeah I know haha. I went with the h1 after looking a pics of the beam pattern compared with the d2s. There's some good comparison pics on hidplanet. Also it depends on what kind of install you're willing to do. The mini's are super easy and fxr's are more tedious and invloved.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #1603
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's my problem.lol take on the task of fxr or just go with minis
Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #1604
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was in the same boat. For the price of the fxr's I got my minis and the halos that I really wanted and the install was easier. Also didn't have a good job then like I do now..
Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #1605

Ya my plan is Apollo 3.0 with halo on the front
Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #1606
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Yes. I've heard of multiple people burning the chrome off the reflector bowl with the 55w. If you want 55w, go fxr for sure. I like my minis but I kinda wish I would have done 55w fxr now. I like light
Found a post from Matt on HIDPlanet in 2010 recommending that the 55w not be used in the D2S and H1.

Of course, the thread got off track with people jumping to the conclusion that the post was only about the DDM bulbs since 55w is an option for the TRS pulldown.

It looks almost like two threads were merged, with the DDM content dropped into Matt's thread.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-amp-D2S-users!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1607

Quote:
Ya my plan is Apollo 3.0 with halo on the front
My only complaint with the halos is there is a tab on them where the wires are soldered and it sticks out like a sore thumb and is hard as hell to hide. They should really be soldered on the back of the ring, would look 1000x cleaner.

Here's how I hid them. Had to trim quite a bit on the lip and inside of the shroud to compensate for the thickness of the wires.

Edit: I painted the wires and the tab that sticks out black so it blends in with everything unless you are right up on it.

They are bright as hell though!

Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Found a post from Matt on HIDPlanet in 2010 recommending that the 55w not be used in the D2S and H1.

Of course, the thread got off track with people jumping to the conclusion that the post was only about the DDM bulbs since 55w is an option for the TRS pulldown.

It looks almost like two threads were merged, with the DDM content dropped into Matt's thread.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-amp-D2S-users!
Yeah I would def not do it on the mini's. I've seen pictures of things melted and of the chrome burnt/peeling out of the reflector bowl. I guess they leave it as an option because some people risk it but why spend that much money on something to chance ruining them?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1609

Quote:
My only complaint with the halos is there is a tab on them where the wires are soldered and it sticks out like a sore thumb and is hard as hell to hide. They should really be soldered on the back of the ring, would look 1000x cleaner.

Here's how I hid them. Had to trim quite a bit on the lip and inside of the shroud to compensate for the thickness of the wires.

Edit: I painted the wires and the tab that sticks out black so it blends in with everything unless you are right up on it.
Do you think its possible to bend that tab that sticks out with out damaging the led? Do you have any picture with your halos on the truck
Old 11-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #1610
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

When I got mine in August the soldering was in the back on the LED rings, not like yours. Still was a pain to mount them on the shrouds
Old 11-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #1611
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Mount the LED halos on the inside of the shroud and let the openings in the shroud show off the shape.

Badass in something like the G37-R or Gatlong Gun 2.0

Old 11-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #1612

Will figure that part out when I get the kit and see what looks best with how i am doing my retrofit. How do you guys test the halo before installing? Like a battery?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #1613

Quote:
Do you think its possible to bend that tab that sticks out with out damaging the led? Do you have any picture with your halos on the truck
I though about that but there's no way to isolate the bend to the tab without clamping the actual led. The aluminum is very sturdy. Don't have any closeup pics of them but I can take some for you tomorrow. All the chrome is gone too so it looks a lot cleaner now (see sig).

Halos only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
When I got mine in August the soldering was in the back on the LED rings, not like yours. Still was a pain to mount them on the shrouds
I would have much rather had them that way though. Just drill/trim holes in the face of the shroud and it would look so clean.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #1614
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would have much rather had them that way though. Just drill/trim holes in the face of the shroud and it would look so clean.
They didn't aim straight back. They were parallel to the bottom of the LED so a trough had to be drilled for them. I kinda messed that up a tad and the wires are somewhat exposed there. No one notices unless you walk up and stare right at it.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #1615
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Someone but my set let me order fxrs then I'll send you mine :P
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1616

To bad your a 1st gen
Old 11-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #1617

Quote:
Will figure that part out when I get the kit and see what looks best with how i am doing my retrofit. How do you guys test the halo before installing? Like a battery?
Took the battery out of my truck and put it in my living room floor haha. TRS sends test leads for the bulbs and ballasts too so I could fire them up also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
They didn't aim straight back. They were parallel to the bottom of the LED so a trough had to be drilled for them. I kinda messed that up a tad and the wires are somewhat exposed there. No one notices unless you walk up and stare right at it.
Ahhh well at least I'm not the only one who had to get creative with a dremel!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #1618
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

fiber optic demon eyes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #1619

There so nice but not on there site
Old 11-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #1620
drapes97 is on a distinguished road
Name: andrew
drapes97's Tacoma Gallery
anyone located in the british columbia canada lower mainland area thats done the fxr install before?

Products Discussed in this Thread