Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew @ TRS

We have successfully hooked up more than 500 kits to TW members!

Like us on Facebook

You must be an active member of TW to use this. We will check it before shipping anything to you. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR USER NAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. Any misuse will be null and void.

We're back live with the group buy. Use coupon code TacomaGroupBuy25 for 25% off:

- Mini H1 Stage III
- Mini D2S Stage III
- FX-R Stage III

We can add in an elite kit and also apply it to that discount, but you must also have a Stage III kit in your cart to do so.

No OEM components, no exceptions.

Orders will ship in queues of 25, so if 25 people order, it will ship, and then go to the next 25. If you're #1, you're waiting for #25 before yours ships.

Thank you!

Basic kit on a Tacoma -> Mini D2S 3.0 Stage III: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...3-kit-d2s.html.

Of the options:

Projectors - O lens is round and X lens is square. No performance difference in the two. Square lens projectors can only be used with square shrouds, of which there are only a few. Both are optically clear and both install in the same fashion via the threaded shaft at the back: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/diy...d2s-guide.html.

If you're using them in North America, you will choose LHD for Left Hand Drive traffic.

Bulbs - Obviously many different options. To keep the 25% off, you'll need to stick to the Morimoto 3Five bulbs. Color choices are easy:
  • 4300K - OEM color. Brightest of the three. Warm white / almost yellowish in color when new.
  • 5000K - Slightly dimmer and slightly bluer than 4300K. Fluorescent white in color.
  • 6000K - Slightly dimmer and bluer again than 5000K. Light blue in color.

Wire Harness - MotoControl H4 BiXenon for Tacomas.

Sealant - Visible here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...bber-glue.html. Used for sealant the housings back up.

Ballasts - For the 25% Group Buy discount, you need to stay with Morimoto brand again here. Of the two options:
  • 35w - OEM wattage for factory HIDs. More reliable and longer lasting than 50w.
  • 50w - Increased wattage for more light (about 25%), but shorter life (also about 25%).

Shrouds - This is entirely up to you. Zero function for the performance of the projectors and just a trim piece for a finished look. Expect at least a small amount of trimming / cutting with any shroud you choose. All of the options can be seen here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...s/shrouds.html.

Centric rings are not necessary nor included with the Mini D2S projectors and shrouds.

Halos - Accent lighting for the installation. Can be installed either inside the shroud to shine through the openings in the shrouds or on the face for direct visibility. More pictures / info can be seen here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led...ngel-eyes.html.

Hope this helps clarify!

Andrew @ TRS
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! Now to save
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
Buy directly from the Source

The criteria:
- Buy directly on our website for easy order tracking!
- Must be a TacomaWorld member (leave in the comments section during checkout)
- 25% Off using coupon code TRSTaco25
-
No other coupon codes valid
- FX-R / Mini H1 / Mini D2S Stage III/IV Kits only
- No Osram CBI/SVS bulbs applicable
- Orders ship in batches of 10

Andrew @ TRS
Code no worky
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Code no worky
All good. No need to quote all of the pictures!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All good. No need to quote all of the pictures!
Too lazy to edit
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Nightops is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Nightops's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for making a coupon code!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Andrew

This will come in handy when I retrofit the bike
Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
xd45 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: USCGA
Name: Chris
xd45's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I want to retro my lawnmower. Of course this would mean alot more night mowing on my part.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #10

Don't hesitate if you have any parts-related questions!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Future buyer hopefully.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #12

I eat/breathe/sleep this stuff. I accidentally started an email to my girlfriend earlier with "thanks for your email and patience waiting on a response here"
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I eat/breathe/sleep this stuff. I accidentally started an email to my girlfriend earlier with "thanks for your email and patience waiting on a response here"
If I jump on this buy the end of the week when do you think it will ship out?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Matchbox availability??? I'm dying to to do my fogs!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
If I jump on this buy the end of the week when do you think it will ship out?
Probably the end of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Matchbox availability??? I'm dying to to do my fogs!
Matchbox are in stock and not subject to any discounts, unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Or just drop in and say hi. These guys are great! Thanks for getting me in on the last GB for my girlfriends Element.

Best shot I got of my FX-Rs.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I want to retro my lawnmower. Of course this would mean alot more night mowing on my part.

That would be awesome.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great product and great guys to deal with! One of the best things I've ever done to my truck by far!
Only thing I wish the stickers would come in something besides black lol
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
nixorz is on a distinguished road
nixorz's Tacoma Gallery
sad, cant buy individual parts
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Andrew, thanks for taking care of my projector LHD/RHD mishap!

Products Discussed in this Thread