Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Custom Grill Emblem Group Buy

Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Grill Emblem Group Buy

Alright guys, it's finally here! Send in your requests and we will get your design made!

This is a group buy for acrylic grill emblems to fit in the existing emblem location, all that is needed is some paint and epoxy. The nice thing about acrylic is that you can keep it thin (if you want to) and it remains amazingly strong. In addition, it's a bit flexible too, which is nice and will prevent it from ever really cracking. The best part about it is the way it cuts on the laser. You can cut really intricate design details into it and it handles them really well and gives you a beautiful finished product. A lot of people get their initials, some want logos. If you post your initials I will sketch an emblem for you and see if you like it. You can also pick any other design you want made. The fab guy, RyanLaser, can make just about anything, including layered emblems. Skull and crossbones, american flag, anything. However, more detailed and time intensive pieces will come with a slightly higher cost.

There's a lot of design time that goes into these. Making sure all of the letters work, and that the overall proportions will fit, etc... We're getting a fully customized piece that we can't just buy at the store.

Check out the FEELER THREAD to see what peoples initial reactions were.

Contact the fabricator, Ryan, directly via email at cathedrallaser@gmail.com

To get on the list, supply your design or your initials and a design will be made up.

Very wordy but here is the price breakdown:

Price includes shipping and a single layer emblem. More detailed emblems will be priced individually but still be counted in discount tier.

First 9: $50
10-19: $46
20+: $42
Deadline: postponed to May 1st, designs will be drawn up as they are requested

1. LittleBro 5

2. chipnoreo

3. 2013baja

4. bpkrules

5. SteelCityAirman7
Fox Racing/Monster Energy

6. dtopgun515

7. dritchey10
Deceptacon

8. cottontop
Auburn

9. TMadTaco
Nautical Star

10. West31
RedSox

11. West31
Superman

12. West 31
Halo UNSC

13. RoninTaco
Halo UNSC

14. Yaozer

15. nimrod712

16. TRD6Speed
Punisher

17. YOTA LOVER

Here is mine followed by some sketches of initials of guys interested to give you an idea of what we are getting

CDE

TJT

TOK

JWP

EFG

EW

AUTOBOT

PENNYWISE
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
looks good im in for TSW
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Sweet, now we just need all the other guys that said they were interested to sign up!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
rtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to all

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question. Will the emblem be sized for the particular year of the truck? I know the emblem has increased in size a bit. I have the list but I'm on my iPad right now and it's a pain in the ass to cut and copy stuff. Will update this post later tonight with he exact numbers.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Any word on trademarked logos? (Buffalo Bills logo)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrudel35 View Post
Quick question. Will the emblem be sized for the particular year of the truck? I know the emblem has increased in size a bit. I have the list but I'm on my iPad right now and it's a pain in the ass to cut and copy stuff. Will update this post later tonight with he exact numbers.
It shouldn't be a problem adjusting for a different size. He has the shape of my 09 emblem and it is very easy to adjust, as long as he has the height and width.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmadcowx View Post
Any word on trademarked logos? (Buffalo Bills logo)
I sent him an email. He will probably post something tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
rtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskross View Post
It shouldn't be a problem adjusting for a different size. He has the shape of my 09 emblem and it is very easy to adjust, as long as he has the height and width.
Cool. Here's the list of sizes I was talking about:

2011+ Tacoma (emblem width: 6.30 inches)
2005-2010 Tacoma (emblem width: 5.51inches)
2001-2004 Tacoma (emblem width: 4.45inches)
1995-2000 Tacoma (emblem width: 4.29 inches)

I assume the height is the same for all models.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Shits & Giggles

I would think the height would change to the same degree as the width, otherwise the logo would look skewed.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
I would think the height would change to the same degree as the width, otherwise the logo would look skewed.
I'll measure mine tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG4LIFE View Post
Can you make a 'Punisher' emblem for my 2012?
Certainly. Just tell me the width of your emblem so we get the size right.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #14
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for something like this....

and I have a 2013, will it have post on the backside like you can see in this picture or will it just be a stick on? I don't know the dimensions but I like how the face is built into the oval. I prefer not to have to trim any of my factory grill. If it fits looks like the one above and i'm not trimming I'd be in.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
RyanLaser is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RyanLaser's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys- As it relates to trademarked logos, it's going to really depend on each individual logo, how we're going to use it, etc etc... I think the best way to handle this is for you guys to email me directly with a pic of the logo you're hoping to use. We can then start a dialogue about your intent and see what we can do. So any of you that have potential logos you'd like to use, please shoot me an email at cathedrallaser@gmail.com and I'll get back to you. It's just much easier for me to communicate via email as I'm on it much more frequently than the forums here.

I have a question for you guys as well as it relates to the group buy process (Chris, maybe you can answer this)... There's a couple of you who have already reached out wanting to get going on your pieces, which is awesome.... but my question is, since it's a tiered pricing structure, should we wait and get the final committed number of people on board before I charge anyone money and begin designing? I feel like it's easier that way so I don't need to go back and refund money to everyone who paid early, if more people come on board later. I'm totally flexible on how we handle this, just wanted to get you guys' thoughts on how you think the process would work best.

Thanks guys, talk to you soon

Ryan
Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
Shits & Giggles

Ryan,

Usually we wait until the deadline, which is currently at March 15. Once that date hits is when we start finalizing orders and making payments.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG4LIFE View Post
Can you make a 'Punisher' emblem for my 2012?
How about this but with the circle the shape of the oval on the truck. Or maybe just the skull with height matched to the emblem. It might be better, even, to just cut an oval and epoxy the skull on top of it, that way it's easier to mount and less likely to come off.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
When does the GB end?

Also, I was hoping I could get something designed that would be similar to my sticker

I have mesh on my grill so it doesn't need to fit in the circle.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
Shits & Giggles

It is tentative to end March 15th, but that might be extended. Take a closer picture of the decal and it won't be a problem to do it. Just let me know how big you want it.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is tentative to end March 15th, but that might be extended. Take a closer picture of the decal and it won't be a problem to do it. Just let me know how big you want it.

Awesome! I'll get a better pic posted up soon.