**OFFICIAL 2013 Wet Okole GB*** Ends 3/10/13

Old 04-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #441
DSB4UA is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Most def remove the front seats!
I was able to install my fronts with the help of a friend, still was a bitch at times, but was able to do it. If you don't have help, I would definitely take the seats out for sure.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #442
LS2 is on a distinguished road
LS2's Tacoma Gallery
Mine were delivered today. Will install them in the morning. Seats out is the plan.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #443
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Seat covers delivered, installed, and in use! Never owned a set before, but I am very pleased!!! Thanks again OP for the group buy!!! Pictures in the 'group buy install thread.'
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #444
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Mine will be here Monday yehaw ridem cowboy!!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #445
chobee is on a distinguished road
chobee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking there's a problem with my install. Not sure if it's me or the covers.
On the drivers side seat bottom, just doesn't seem right. I didn't install yet, I just put the cover on and pulled it back tight. As you can see the material bunches up on the front and more so on the corners. The pasanger side in not as bad, but it does.

The Gun tote hits the floor. Is this normal?

Like I said, the material is pulled tight to the front of the seat already and tight around the front corners.
Advise, thoughts and hints are welcomed.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #446
Dmsattelberg is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Dmsattelberg's Tacoma Gallery
I want to add a comment for those that do not want to take the seats out of their ride to install the Wet Okoles.

I did not remove my seats, and had no problem installing the covers.

Having said that, I can see it would be an easier install with the seats removed, I just dont want people to be scared that It is a necessity to remove them to intall them correctly...

My install in my 2013 Regular cab took about 1.5 hours, only because it was a 90 degree day here in Delaware on the day I chose to do it, with a 15 minute water break....

I think my install would have been quicker on an access cab, where I would have had a bit more room to get behind the seat...

Bottom line is a seat does not need to be removed to do it properly, so dont be afraid to keep them in....

Hope that helps some of you...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #447
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobee View Post
I'm thinking there's a problem with my install. Not sure if it's me or the covers.
On the drivers side seat bottom, just doesn't seem right. I didn't install yet, I just put the cover on and pulled it back tight. As you can see the material bunches up on the front and more so on the corners. The pasanger side in not as bad, but it does.

Like I said, the material is pulled tight to the front of the seat already and tight around the front corners.
I kinda felt like that on my drivers side also, but I ended up tucking it into the plastic and things like that for a more 'flush' look and a tighter grip. Also, once installed, I pulled all straps about as tight as I thought they could go, to secure it a bit more.

My gun tote also hangs a bit low it seems and touches the floorboard, but I just assumed that was typical.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #448
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobee View Post

I had the same issue. This is my second set of seat covers and my first ones didnt do that. Not sure if this is the new style or I should be disappointed in the craftsmanship. A few years ago I would have never spent 500 on a set of seat covers. Now that I have owned them I have no issue spending the money, but I do expect nothing but superior quality if I am spending 500. Slightly disappointed right now.

For those that are curious, I'll post pics as to what we are talking about.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #449
350x ing it x2 is on a distinguished road
350x ing it x2's Tacoma Gallery

Installed!!

Black & Charcoal gray with red Toyota logo (no piping).

I removed both front and rear seats.

I'm too OCD to not have!!!

Couldn't be happier!!!!

Thank you VERY MUCH, for this group buy!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
**OFFICIAL 2013 Wet Okole GB*** Ends 3/10/13-wet-okole-seat-covers-front.jpg   **OFFICIAL 2013 Wet Okole GB*** Ends 3/10/13-wet-okole-seat-covers-rear.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #450
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
Is there going to be another group buy soon?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #451
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos316 View Post
Is there going to be another group buy soon?
Most likely the next group buy will be in the fall sometime, maybe around september or October. Other than that, very doubtful.

However, I have seen several sets for sale on the buy/sell/trade threads....may want to check there and see if you can find what you want.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #452
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
Any Hawaii guys get theirs yet?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #453
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
installed fronts today ran out of day light will install back tomorrow. Got a question Has anybody broke one of the plastic fasteners? I went a little hulk on one and snapped it! but I rigged it up like a tree stand does anybody know if they will send replacements?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #454
eazytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Trey
eazytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, got mine last week Tuesday I think, had wet okole install them Wednesday morning. They charged me $25 a row for install which sucks. Been to lazy to post pics. Will post soon.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #455
350x ing it x2 is on a distinguished road
350x ing it x2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350x ing it x2 View Post

Installed!!

Black & Charcoal gray with red Toyota logo (no piping).

I removed both front and rear seats.

I'm too OCD to not have!!!

Couldn't be happier!!!!

Thank you VERY MUCH, for this group buy!!!!!

My only [two] small complaints are...

1. They ask if your seat(s) have any wheels...
Then why isn't there a cut-out for the one driver's side wheel (like the seat belt cut-out)?

2. The armrest pocket material...
Couldn't they have put a top of the pocket horizontal seam, for a more "fitted" fit (like the vertical seams)?

I'm going to put two door panel plastic pin clips in the top corners of the armrest pocket.

MAYbe it's JUST me (& my OCD)!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #456
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so glad I got these seat covers. My home was hit by the tornado on May 20th in Moore, OK. These seat covers have saved my seats from 2 muddy dogs and all their fur. We have received 29 inches of rain within the last month as well as the mud. I d have some wear spots from wearing shorts with Velcro tabs, and the pads of the dogs feet. So far holding up strong!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #457
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you 2013 DCSB owners can lend a hand with the ordering specs? I want a full set but I won't have a truck for 6 weeks and some of the info they want I am not sure of.

PM me? I just am not sure what I need to specify in the order.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #458
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Any of you 2013 DCSB owners can lend a hand with the ordering specs? I want a full set but I won't have a truck for 6 weeks and some of the info they want I am not sure of.

PM me? I just am not sure what I need to specify in the order.
You do know this particular GB has ended...?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #459
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Which is why I asked here with guys who already ordered and received their covers.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #460
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Yes. Which is why I asked here with guys who already ordered and received their covers.
Got it. You're way ahead of me...

Products Discussed in this Thread