Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Feeler: Pelfreybilt 2012+ Front Plate Bumper GB

Old 03-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #41
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2 View Post
I understand when you say the Rigid Dually are a perfect fit - but I'm trying to save some money somewhere so I would really appreciate it if I can use the stock fogs in the holes.
Well, I took a look at how to go about mounting the factory fogs. The factory ones are really awkward on the backside where they mount. I couldn't see any good way to use them that would make much sense. I don't doubt that it could be done but it's not something that I am going to be doing. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, it's just not a feature that I am going to be offering. Sorry
Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #42
BigSkyCountry is on a distinguished road
BigSkyCountry's Tacoma Gallery
Does room exist, once the bumper is mounted, to weld (self) a short (~<1") tab or perch to the lower/bottom edge of the light bucket? This I can then drill/tap for my light bracket?

Also (sorry for all of the questions) as far as a tube reciever goes (for an on/off winch application) can this be placed in the center face of the bumper (strength/rigidity?) and overlaid/reinforced with a heavier piece of square plate fitted/mig'ed in accordingly?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyCountry View Post
Does room exist, once the bumper is mounted, to weld (self) a short (~<1") tab or perch to the lower/bottom edge of the light bucket? This I can then drill/tap for my light bracket?

Also (sorry for all of the questions) as far as a tube reciever goes (for an on/off winch application) can this be placed in the center face of the bumper (strength/rigidity?) and overlaid/reinforced with a heavier piece of square plate fitted/mig'ed in accordingly?

There is already a tab welded to the bottom of the bucket so youre in good shape there.
The receiver/hitch would be mounted where the existing winch fairlead hole is if that is when you are looking for. It would be tied into main frame of bumper and be very rigid.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #44
BigSkyCountry is on a distinguished road
BigSkyCountry's Tacoma Gallery
Outstanding! Info/replyb is much appreciated!

Jim
Old 03-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #45
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Come on guys only a couple more
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
max2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
max2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Well, I took a look at how to go about mounting the factory fogs. The factory ones are really awkward on the backside where they mount. I couldn't see any good way to use them that would make much sense. I don't doubt that it could be done but it's not something that I am going to be doing. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, it's just not a feature that I am going to be offering. Sorry

I hear what you are saying. However, if you could make the fog light cutouts 4" diameter (instead of 3") I could make my stock fog lights fit.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #47
laltaffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Lawrence
laltaffer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this if there is still room.. put me on the list please =)
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #48
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Got ya added! Come on people only 2 left
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #49
laltaffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Lawrence
laltaffer's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, i've been wanting one of these for a while
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully this still going when I'm ready, awaiting some news that will make or break decision.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #51
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You said the same thing on your old truck
Which I no longer have
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #52
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You said the same thing on your old truck
Tax return over $6k waiting on that....
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #53
Banned
And if I didn't have to pay $1300 for an electrician to do bathroom and wiring for hot tub, one would already be on order for my taco and the fj
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #54
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

You should be good, I'm going to make this an official GB pretty quick and get these things rolling out of here for the guys that are on the list. We will keep it open for a bit so others can get in on the deal.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

It's official, lets get this thing going. Thanks everyone

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post6607864
Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #56
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2 View Post
I hear what you are saying. However, if you could make the fog light cutouts 4" diameter (instead of 3") I could make my stock fog lights fit.

Sorry, I just saw this. Currently the cutout is 3.5" and there is little room to go larger without the hole falling into the bend lines and deforming the material around the cutout. Sorry.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Common sense isn't very common!
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Port Dawgs
Name: Johnathan
CrazyCooter's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in Tyler, i will hit you up with a PM. I cant wait to get home from this deployment and spend some time in the garage with just me, the truck, and some beers...and of course my new awesome bumper.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #58
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
Count me in Tyler, i will hit you up with a PM. I cant wait to get home from this deployment and spend some time in the garage with just me, the truck, and some beers...and of course my new awesome bumper.
Sounds good, GB is already off and running. I'll look for your PM. I like your idea of quality time, I do the same when I can. Thanks

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post6607864
Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #59
JiggyZ is on a distinguished road
JiggyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have anything going in aluminum .?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #60
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyZ View Post
Do you have anything going in aluminum .?
Haven't yet, considering it but the current models in steel are already pretty light so it hasn't become a priority.