Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 4!! Ends 2/24/09

Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
nevermind i already decided to go with the regular ones....im gonna spend my life saving finding all these deals. thanks slim.(not meaning that in a bad way, really thank you.)
Old 02-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
im intrested also..I just ordered a set of hella 500 driving lights and if possible id like to put hid's in there...Do you have a slim kit for those lights available?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
im intrested also..I just ordered a set of hella 500 driving lights and if possible id like to put hid's in there...Do you have a slim kit for those lights available?
I would need to know what bulb size it is.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #24
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
Approximately, how long would it take a person to install, if they never have before. Also, do they come with install instuctions. Sorry about all the questions, but i dont want to order and not be able to install myself. And, i have a paypal account but have never really used it, is it possible to send me an email with a link to pay with a credit card. Finally, what is the telescopic hi lo, vs. the regular lo, and how does the hi lo work.(Im guessing hi and lo beams both work) with the hid

Thanks again
I would say it would take no longer than 30 minutes. My GF did her Corolla in that time and shes a teeny little girl lol. I did my truck both fogs and heads in about an hours time. Once you PM me all the bold information in the first thread I will send you a paypal invoice to your email for payment. The hi/low telescopic allows you to use your high beams. If you get the kit with just the low then you no longer have the function of your high beams. Let me know if you have any more questions I am here to help!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808trdsport View Post
i installed a few it takes about 30 - 60 minutes. It all depends how you do the install. If you want it all nice and tidy it will take a while to zip tie everything up.
Your signature really distracts me......... lol
Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #26
pgfaulkner is on a distinguished road
pgfaulkner's Tacoma Gallery
Final (stupid) question before i pm u with my order, this price for the slim conversion kits is for a pair(2 ballasts, and 2 bulbs), not just a single ballast and single bulb right?

THanks again
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
Final (stupid) question before i pm u with my order, this price for the slim conversion kits is for a pair(2 ballasts, and 2 bulbs), not just a single ballast and single bulb right?

THanks again
Yes you are correct the prices are for FULL kits.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #28
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
what is the difference in the bulbs, not the temp but the like the h1 or w/e those are
Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
what is the difference in the bulbs, not the temp but the like the h1 or w/e those are
Different sizes for different cars.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
is there a sizing chart lol
If you are looking for your Tacoma they are H4 Bixenon for the headlights and H10 for the fogs.

If you need for another car go here to find any make or model. http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...placementGuide
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #32
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
most people go with 35 or 55 w?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
most people go with 35 or 55 w?
35w
Old 02-13-2009, 03:52 AM   #34
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

oh really? extra 20w not worth the extra 30 bucks or are they so bright people are flashing their lights at them all the time? heh
Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #35
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I was in on a previous GB with and and I love my HIDs. question, I want a second set of bulbs, possibly 50w. now does the wattage come from the bulb or from the ballast?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #36

i think you need a higher wattage ballast then the bulb is so you can get the most of the bulb...but i'm jsut guessing
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
oh really? extra 20w not worth the extra 30 bucks or are they so bright people are flashing their lights at them all the time? heh
Yea they are pretty bright... If you don't have your headlights aimed lower you will probably get flashed. 35w is plenty bright though. Many people go with the 35w and love them.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I was in on a previous GB with and and I love my HIDs. question, I want a second set of bulbs, possibly 50w. now does the wattage come from the bulb or from the ballast?
I am glad your happy with them! Freesample is actually correct its a different bulb & ballast in order to have 50w. If you would like to order a second kit let me know. That is really the only way to go 50w if you want.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #39
Jay-Hawks is on a distinguished road

Jay-Hawks's Tacoma Gallery
So if you wanted high and low beams along with fogs for an 09 Tacoma you would want to order the H4 Bixenon and the H10's. Is that correct?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #40

yup 2 kits