Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 4!! Ends 2/24/09

Old 02-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #41
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Hawks View Post
So if you wanted high and low beams along with fogs for an 09 Tacoma you would want to order the H4 Bixenon and the H10's. Is that correct?

Thanks!!!
Yes that is correct.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #42
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
scum...where is the supplier? in socal? going to be a long shipping trip for me if it is lol
Old 02-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #43
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Yes that is correct.

Did you get the PM I sent?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #44
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Did you get the PM I sent?
Yup I sent you out a paypal invoice.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #45
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright slim, I'm about to bite the bullet and order up the slim ballast bixenon for my truck but have one question: I leave my headlights on when driving all the time, would this pose any possible issues with these lights, also whats the lifespan(hrs) of these? And the warranty?
Thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #46
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
^^^xtreme450 he already answered partial of your questions

[quote=slimcubby;389583]Hey there!

-Yes they come with a 12 month warranty.
-Yes the H4 is the same as the 9007 for those that lookup there bulb size on Sylvania.
-Yes you can go through me for new lights in the future.
-Yes it is warrantied for your protection and satisfaction.
-Shipping is a flat rate cost of $15.95 to any location in the United States. For Canada shipping Please PM me for your cost.

No worries I want everybody to be 100% satisfied and comfortable with their purchase![quote]

btw slim I have a question for you...do the new slim ballast ground wire connected together with the other wires or is it separate like the regular ballast? because i've had issues with the separate grounding wire before
Old 02-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #47

[quote=tc2008;398141]^^^xtreme450 he already answered partial of your questions

[quote=slimcubby;389583]Hey there!

-Yes they come with a 12 month warranty.
-Yes the H4 is the same as the 9007 for those that lookup there bulb size on Sylvania.
-Yes you can go through me for new lights in the future.
-Yes it is warrantied for your protection and satisfaction.
-Shipping is a flat rate cost of $15.95 to any location in the United States. For Canada shipping Please PM me for your cost.

No worries I want everybody to be 100% satisfied and comfortable with their purchase!
Quote:

btw slim I have a question for you...do the new slim ballast ground wire connected together with the other wires or is it separate like the regular ballast? because i've had issues with the separate grounding wire before
I don't quite understand what you mean? Let me see if this answers your questions. The grounding wires (2) are a part of the wiring harness for the Bixenon lights. For the fog lights there is no wiring harness its straight plugged to the current trucks wiring harness with no grounding needed. On the headlights you need the wiring harness in order the have your high beams come on when you flick your brights on inside the cab.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #48
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
ok let me try this again...What I meant was does the digital ballast (H4) grounding wire is included in where you plug into the factory wire in order to turn on and off or is it like the regular ballast where the grounding wire is separate as in you can mount it wherever you like? I hope this makes better sense now...
Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Alright slim, I'm about to bite the bullet and order up the slim ballast bixenon for my truck but have one question: I leave my headlights on when driving all the time, would this pose any possible issues with these lights, also whats the lifespan(hrs) of these? And the warranty?
Thanks
I personally used to leave my headlights on while driving too just because why not ya know? But now that I have both headlights and fogs HID converted I only put them on when its dark out for 2 reasons. 1 is that I want to prolong the life of them since everything has a lifespan and I paid $ for these things. 2nd is there really is no point to have my headlights on during the day using up any hours that the bulb has.

But to answer your question it wouldn't pose any issue it would just make them not last as long as the rest of us.

The lifespan is rated for OVER 3,500 Hours on the bulbs.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
ok let me try this again...What I meant was does the digital ballast (H4) grounding wire is included in where you plug into the factory wire in order to turn on and off or is it like the regular ballast where the grounding wire is separate as in you can mount it wherever you like? I hope this makes better sense now...
Oh I got you.. Yes the wiring harness is the same from the normal ballast to the slim ballast. I personally ground the wires to my battery to ensure proper grounding.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #51
pgfaulkner is on a distinguished road
pgfaulkner's Tacoma Gallery
wiring

So slim do you have to run a ground wire from the ballast to your battery or is it grounded through the trucks factory wiring harness? Cause im a bit confused now, i thought all you had to do was plug the ballasts into the factory harness and then the lights into the ballasts. (plug and Play)
Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfaulkner View Post
So slim do you have to run a ground wire from the ballast to your battery or is it grounded through the trucks factory wiring harness? Cause im a bit confused now, i thought all you had to do was plug the ballasts into the factory harness and then the lights into the ballasts. (plug and Play)
It goes like this...

For the headlights they come with a wiring harness which is plugged into the ballasts and the bulbs and your factory wiring plug. Then there is 2 wires that need to be grounded to bare metal or the battery for the lights to work. So yes they are plug and play along with grounding them.

For the fog lights they are grounded directly through the factory cars plug since they do not require a wiring harness to operate high and low functions.

Let me know if that helps you out.

Thanks!
~Slim
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #53
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
are there any disadvantages to getting the 50 watt option? will it run my battery dead or something?

Also for the fogs, i hear its H10 right? Is that for the whole fog or just the bulb? if its just the bulb is it easy to replace?

One last question. For the headlights, i want a little blue but not much. Is the 6000k good? i would get 8000k but it seems to be too much. does the 6000k have any blue at all?

thanks a lot. i look forward to getting these!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
are there any disadvantages to getting the 50 watt option? will it run my battery dead or something?

Also for the fogs, i hear its H10 right? Is that for the whole fog or just the bulb? if its just the bulb is it easy to replace?

One last question. For the headlights, i want a little blue but not much. Is the 6000k good? i would get 8000k but it seems to be too much. does the 6000k have any blue at all?

thanks a lot. i look forward to getting these!
There aren't any disadvantages to it but it will use more power and is recommended for a more of an off road brightness. You may get flashed as well. It will not drain your battery to get the 50w option over the 35w.

Yes, the fogs are H10 and if you are looking for a blueish tint but not to blue I would recommend the 6000K for sure. The fogs are bulb and ballast kit as well. It replaces your current bulb.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Paul
Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #55
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
No, H4 is not the same as 9007. H4 is the same as 9003 which is also the same as HB2.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
No, H4 is not the same as 9007. H4 is the same as 9003 which is also the same as HB2.
That's right.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #58
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
if i switch to projector headlights in the future, can these be installed in those?
It depends on the projector. If it can accept the regular halogen H4 bulbs then it can accept this kit.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #60
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
More than likely if you do switch you will have to change thats what happen to 05prerunner when he switched had to sell the old kit for a new one. they usually require an h1 like this add and also h7http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories