Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

5VZ-FE TRD SC Group Buy (3.4L) Feeler

Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
3.4L TRD Super Charger Group Buy (3.4L) Feeler

I was hoping for some good discounts but dont expect much than $100 off retail (with 20 orders). Im working for better discounts, let me know who is interested.

If we get enough orders, and URDGadget agrees, maybe we can get a GB deal on the 7th Injector kit as well .

Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.toyotaofdallas.com/index.htm offering $100 off $2699.00
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
I wish! Sub'd
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
I wish! Sub'd
I think its wishful thinking. Most places Ive contacted dont stock these...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Wait for it...

It was wishfull thinking. Noone keeps these in stock, they order them when you do. If I can get in direct contact with the warehouse/company that supplies them, maybe... Ill keep trying...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
What is the price on the 7th injector kit? And that should be what to group buy.
1- Sam
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
SkunkyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
SkunkyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What is the gain in horsepower (hp) with the TRD supercharger overstock HP?

Is it a true out-of-the-box direct bolt on -or- do we have to buy extra components (fuel pump, fuel injectors, brackets, inter-cooler, pullies)?

Does the truck's computer have to be upgraded/tuned?

I've been leaning towards Squire Turbo Systems (STS) 1st Gen setup since you get ~50-60% more HP over stock. I've held out since I have not figured out how to custom-mod a snorkel to the STS turbo through the bottom/side of the bed. Long-story-short, I would consider a TRD supercharger.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #9
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkyTaco View Post
What is the gain in horsepower (hp) with the TRD supercharger overstock HP?

Is it a true out-of-the-box direct bolt on -or- do we have to buy extra components (fuel pump, fuel injectors, brackets, inter-cooler, pullies)?

Does the truck's computer have to be upgraded/tuned?

I've been leaning towards Squire Turbo Systems (STS) 1st Gen setup since you get ~50-60% more HP over stock. I've held out since I have not figured out how to custom-mod a snorkel to the STS turbo through the bottom/side of the bed. Long-story-short, I would consider a TRD supercharger.
It's about 70 hp boost base

ISP is a bolt on system however..to get the really potential you need more fuel supplied from the URD 7th or 6 injector kits. Then you end up over 100hp easy with it.

The sts kit I have read isn't that great. And costs way to much. Horrible for offroading for more then just a need of good snorkel as the routing won't allow larger tires. Turbo goes bad and a few other things. Go ask Torspd if you want more info on it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Like mentioned, it is bolt on, not fround upon by dealer techs or warranty(?) If that was your need. Ok'd by emission inspections. And bundled with the 7th injector. It is instant gains. Which i'll soon be reaping
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested but man a 100 off?? that's less than 5%

no bueno
Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #12

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think there will be a group buy. I bought my s/c used and now kinda looking for a good deal or small discount on the injector kit.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
SkunkyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
SkunkyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
It's about 70 hp boost base

ISP is a bolt on system however..to get the really potential you need more fuel supplied from the URD 7th or 6 injector kits. Then you end up over 100hp easy with it.

The sts kit I have read isn't that great. And costs way to much. Horrible for offroading for more then just a need of good snorkel as the routing won't allow larger tires. Turbo goes bad and a few other things. Go ask Torspd if you want more info on it.
I noted all points you made and will research the injector kits by URD.

Blackdawg thanks for your input.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
ive been looking at a supercharger for the past few days, guess ill have to try and save up to get one next summer...