LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4

Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #81
qodeBebop is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
qodeBebop's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine today! I'm sure it's the one time living in Georgia will pay off when ordering something from here. Now to look everything over and get a list of questions together lol
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #83
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
so the spool of glue, you just put it on the edge, stick it in the oven and clamp that shit?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #84
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
How is everyone attaching the halos to the shroud? Are you only using the 3m strip on the back or are you also using epoxy or silicone or what?

Been working on my retrofit and color match headlight (some photos are below) and I'm still in the middle of painting the whole headlight inards.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6496.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6499.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6503.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6508.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6509.jpg  

THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6514.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6515.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6513.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #85
Hobii5 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Hobii5's Tacoma Gallery
I just want my package to leave Georgia.
3 days and it has moved from Atlanta to Doraville.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #87
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
Here is mine.

I am still waiting on a new motor control board so I can have both Hi and Low beams.

The Headlights are Color Match MGM with the FX-R 3" Lens Retro and White LED Halos
How did you end up mounting the halos to the shroud?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
How did you end up mounting the halos to the shroud?
I used Silicon and a lot of waiting.

My lights dont look the best (the output due to it being my first time trying this), but I guess it still works. Below is an image of my output from 14' away (you cant tell by the photo but the middle Z pattern is not lined up from left and right, there is about a 2 foot gap between the two Z shapes). Maybe if I get another set of headlights I will try again, but this time learn from my mistakes and align them before I jbweled them to the housing and glued them together... LOL

Now once I get the replacment motor control board I can have both high and low beams....
Attached Thumbnails
THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6544.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6545.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-dsc_6522.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #89
whirlybird9 is on a distinguished road
whirlybird9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
(you cant tell by the photo but the middle Z pattern is not lined up from left and right, there is about a 2 foot gap between the two Z shapes). Maybe if I get another set of headlights I will try again, but this time learn from my mistakes and align them before I jbweled them to the housing and glued them together... LOL
I agree that you definately should align before welding and gluing back together, but I think your output looks good!! The 2 Z patterns are not supposed to line up left to right, however both should be horizontal (which yours are) and the top of the steps, as well as the bottoms, should be aligned (which yours are)!

If you DID align left to right, and then you back your truck up by 5 feet, they would no longer be aligned!! The separation of the Z pattern should be about the same as the separation between your headlights.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird9 View Post
I agree that you definately should align before welding and gluing back together, but I think your output looks good!! The 2 Z patterns are not supposed to line up left to right, however both should be horizontal (which yours are) and the top of the steps, as well as the bottoms, should be aligned (which yours are)!

If you DID align left to right, and then you back your truck up by 5 feet, they would no longer be aligned!! The separation of the Z pattern should be about the same as the separation between your headlights.
Really? So maybe its not as bad as I thought!

1. I seem to be getting "Blue" or "Purple" to the right and left like on reflective signs and at the top border of the cutoff. Is that normal?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #92
oelakkad is on a distinguished road
oelakkad's Tacoma Gallery
Progress so far. FX-R 3.0" w/ xbaLED. Next step, install!!
Attached Thumbnails
THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-imag0535.jpg   THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 4-imag0539.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #93
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I recommend using this method for installing halos: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...el_Eye_Kit.jpg
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #94
oelakkad is on a distinguished road
oelakkad's Tacoma Gallery
can you plz elaborate? it's hard to see what's going on in the picture. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
I recommend using this method for installing halos: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ima...el_Eye_Kit.jpg
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #95

Yeah totally screwed up with the link. That was supposed to be a PDF link. See below:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...el_Eye_Kit.pdf
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #96
mave is on a distinguished road
mave's Tacoma Gallery
hey there ambiguous, how's my headlight order coming along?