Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Quantum LED Light Bar Group Buy

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #141
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Wow really?? I had a super quick response on PP. I should get my cash back this week!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #142
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Wow really?? I had a super quick response on PP. I should get my cash back this week!
He never even responded to the dispute on PP, he just PM'd me on here and said two days...
Old 03-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #143
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Did you put all the stuff that happened in the message to the seller when you disputed? I did and had an immediate response. If you don't then there's no paper trail for pay pal to follow and it can take longer for a decision to be made. I dump it all out on the table, fuck the seller, if I'm at a dispute phase on PayPal, then that means the seller is either an idiot or basically not doing his job and possibly stealing my money(both here) so I'm gonna throw him under the bus to get my money back.

This honestly never should have come to this, if Troy actually gave a shit, he definitely should have gotten on more than once a day to make a post. ESPECIALLY with his homey gone for the week on a camping trip. Just bad business all around. Ugh.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #144
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Did you put all the stuff that happened in the message to the seller when you disputed? I did and had an immediate response. If you don't then there's no paper trail for pay pal to follow and it can take longer for a decision to be made. I dump it all out on the table, fuck the seller, if I'm at a dispute phase on PayPal, then that means the seller is either an idiot or basically not doing his job and possibly stealing my money(both here) so I'm gonna throw him under the bus to get my money back.

This honestly never should have come to this, if Troy actually gave a shit, he definitely should have gotten on more than once a day to make a post. ESPECIALLY with his homey gone for the week on a camping trip. Just bad business all around. Ugh.
Yeah I put everything in the dispute. I can see you're getting irritated again lol. I'm glad it didn't go through though, otherwise I would have been stuck with it and Quantum wouldn't have been an option at that point. He has already put in 10x the effort in customer support than Trek did in 2 months...
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #146
kmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmd garage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Full review pending. I'm uploading a 5min light test video to show everyone a real time comparison.

To get some of the other stuff out of the way:

Service:
Top notch. Two PMs, I paypal'd payment, had a tracking number 20 minutes later. The lights arrived exactly when KMD said they would. No problems whatsoever. Granted, I'm one person and easy to manage, but it is what it is. No complaints at all.

Packaging:
The lights were shipped in a USPS flate rate box with ample packing material. Inside the light boxes themselves, foam packaging keeps the lights very well protected. The lenses have a protective laminate like most new electronics with a screen or lens. No worries about damage from shipping.

Build Quality:
Excellent. The lights have some heft, no doubt due to the aluminum housing they're all using these days. The housing appears to be powdercoated and the components are held together with hex bolts. The mounting hardware is solid, especially the adjustment bracket which is sufficiently beefy.

I can't find the exact IP rating, but KMD's website says waterproof/dustproof, and pretty much all LED bars made these days are either IP67 or IP68, the only difference being how deep and long you can submerge them in water. Regardless, rain and dust won't get in.

The lights are warrantied for a year from KMD.

Install:
The lights do not include a harness, so you're own your own for a wiring solution. My sPOD made it easy for me. The lights come with about 12" of weather sealed wiring with a pos/neg sticking out the back. I just spliced some 16 gauge onto it, sealed the splice, put wire loom over the whole shebang and routed it to the relay bank.

Mounting the lights themselves isn't particularly tricky. Adjustment is a little tedious...there are four bolts that must be loosened/tightened to adjust the position of the lights in the Y-axis, so it's a bit time consuming. That said, once you get it right the bracket and hardware will hold the lights in place VERY solidly.

Output:
Comparable to other LED setups I've seen with 4 to 6 LEDs in a flood formation. Luminosity ratings are available at KMD's website, supposedly these guys are 1600 lumens each. I'll have a video available soon comparing them to stock headlights and a Blitzpro 21" light bar so people can see what they're getting.

Edit: I was also going to post a light test video with the 3 PIAA 520 ATP lamps I had prior to this setup. Unfortunately I no longer have that vid. Take my word for it: This new stuff is far brighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0oRmEx2Dvs
That was some great work. We all appreciate the effort you put forth to do this. I don't think there are many questions left to answer now lol.

Once everyone decides what they want we can get the lead times pinned down.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #147
kmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have a great Easter everyone!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #148
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Full review pending. I'm uploading a 5min light test video to show everyone a real time comparison.

To get some of the other stuff out of the way:

Service:
Top notch. Two PMs, I paypal'd payment, had a tracking number 20 minutes later. The lights arrived exactly when KMD said they would. No problems whatsoever. Granted, I'm one person and easy to manage, but it is what it is. No complaints at all.

Packaging:
The lights were shipped in a USPS flate rate box with ample packing material. Inside the light boxes themselves, foam packaging keeps the lights very well protected. The lenses have a protective laminate like most new electronics with a screen or lens. No worries about damage from shipping.

Build Quality:
Excellent. The lights have some heft, no doubt due to the aluminum housing they're all using these days. The housing appears to be powdercoated and the components are held together with hex bolts. The mounting hardware is solid, especially the adjustment bracket which is sufficiently beefy.

I can't find the exact IP rating, but KMD's website says waterproof/dustproof, and pretty much all LED bars made these days are either IP67 or IP68, the only difference being how deep and long you can submerge them in water. Regardless, rain and dust won't get in.

The lights are warrantied for a year from KMD.

Install:
The lights do not include a harness, so you're own your own for a wiring solution. My sPOD made it easy for me. The lights come with about 12" of weather sealed wiring with a pos/neg sticking out the back. I just spliced some 16 gauge onto it, sealed the splice, put wire loom over the whole shebang and routed it to the relay bank.

Mounting the lights themselves isn't particularly tricky. Adjustment is a little tedious...there are four bolts that must be loosened/tightened to adjust the position of the lights in the Y-axis, so it's a bit time consuming. That said, once you get it right the bracket and hardware will hold the lights in place VERY solidly.

Output:
Comparable to other LED setups I've seen with 4 to 6 LEDs in a flood formation. Luminosity ratings are available at KMD's website, supposedly these guys are 1600 lumens each. I'll have a video available soon comparing them to stock headlights and a Blitzpro 21" light bar so people can see what they're getting.

Edit: I was also going to post a light test video with the 3 PIAA 520 ATP lamps I had prior to this setup. Unfortunately I no longer have that vid. Take my word for it: This new stuff is far brighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0oRmEx2Dvs
I don't see anything at all except the outside view of ur truck I can ur voice but I never see any lights come on. Idk what's wrong
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #149

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...mEx2Dvs#t=130s
At about the 2 minute mark
Old 03-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #150
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
I don't see anything at all except the outside view of ur truck I can ur voice but I never see any lights come on. Idk what's wrong
Workin' fine for everyone else. Problem's on your end. Probably a software thing.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #151
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd garage View Post
I'll try again but nuthn shows up
Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #152

Finally it works lights look good. Jandrews where u from that looks very similar to apts I use to stay in
Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #153
SkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura aboutSkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura about
SkullTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still doing the group buy?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullTaco2012 View Post
Are you still doing the group buy?
Of course. What would you like?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #155

Planning to make an order today or tomorrow let's get a few more in here.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Yeah I put everything in the dispute. I can see you're getting irritated again lol. I'm glad it didn't go through though, otherwise I would have been stuck with it and Quantum wouldn't have been an option at that point. He has already put in 10x the effort in customer support than Trek did in 2 months...
honestly, since my first contact with KMD, I've liked him like 10,000 times more than Trek. He's on here constantly, answers questions super fast, just the fact that he actually changed his lumen count when we inquired about the disparity gave him major truth/cool points with me, and I've spoken at length to him about that, he was just putting up what the manufacturer gave him...which is like 3 different numbers. The 22" that he gets can technically put out like 10,000 lumens, but realistically puts out around 7,000, but they don't say that, they just put like three different numbers and expect everyone to understand it lol.. I'm looking forward to hearing from the Trek guys that find out that his 22" really isn't putting out anywhere near 10k lumens.

Yea I'm still super irritated, but I've pretty much washed my hands of Trek and his BS. Paypal says my refund will be processed tomorrow, so once I get my cash, I'm done with Trek and moving on to better things. /rant over lol
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #157
SkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura aboutSkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura about
SkullTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd garage View Post
Of course. What would you like?
Can I get 2 4" $45 1600 Lumens?

Please let me know how to send the payment.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #158
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Sign me up for a pair of 4" $45 1600 Lumens lamps. Floods if possible.

Also let me know about the how to pay you as well.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #159
I believe PayPal is the preferred method...but you can go in his website and check what kind of payments he accepts:

Www.kmdgarage.com
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #160

On the ipad now which is a pita to copy and paste. Yeah paypal is preffered as that what I pay the manufacture with. You can send payment to kmdgarage@gmail.com.

We are darn close to making the first order. If we can get a few more in that would be great.

I can also take payments via the authorize.net or my square card reader.

You can pick up and pay cash at the shop to save shipping costs as well.

Products Discussed in this Thread