Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Feeler: Fishing Rod Holder

Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
where in "south texas" are you?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTHDZ View Post
where in "south texas" are you?
San Antonio. South side.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Progress pics:

Sorry it's taking so long my wife is in and out of hospital and we got 1 million things going on atm, hoping to have my prototype complete today.

I have all the lengths written down and all parts on a list so I can just pre-cut everything and add the parts and sell it as a DIY kit to save on shipping. As you can see from the last pic, the holder can be removed and put your ice chest on it to hold rods on the beach or something, not just for the back of the truck.

The side that goes under the toolbox is long enough to push up against the front of the bed and be strapped in so it cant move anywhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C O R E View Post
Thanks for the tip I thought about this and you're right except I'm sold on how the sleeves are flared on the end and I doubt I could do that to the PVC without deforming it. The flared end is not only for looks, but I imagine that it is a bit more friendly to your equipment. Then again, I also thought about putting door edge trim around 1 end or something soft to avoid having to flare it. I may end up goin that route.

That would knock the price down to probably the 60$ neighborhood.

Electricians use a "warming blanked" meant for bending electrical PVC pipe, but you could no doubt use it for making flared ends...