1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

On Board Shower Kits Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by kmd garage, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    kmd garage

kmd garage [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gathering interest for a group buy on these.

http://www.kmdgarage.com/synergy-suspension-sit-shower-shave-kit/

[​IMG]

Description:

Synergy Suspension Sit Shower Shave Kit - "Full bathroom in a bucket"
    5 gallon bucket, wag bags, toilet seat & lid, and heated shower
    Includes brazed copper plate heat exchanger and mount to easily install on any flat surface
    All necessary quick release and barb fittings are included along with 50 ft of fiber reinforced 1/2" rubber hose
    Heavy duty 12V diaphragm water pump can be used in fresh or salt water conditions and utilizes quick release fittings, has self priming capabilities, a serviceable filter and built in thermal overload protection
    Shower Head features On/Off switch and includes 25ft of attached hose
    Kit can be installed with simple hand tools on any water cooled vehicle
    Complete Sit Shower Shave Kit Includes:

(1) 4040-10 Heat Exchanger
    (1) 4040-11 Shower Pump
    (1) 4040-12 Shower Head
    (1) 4040-13 Bathroom Bucket Kit
    (1) 4040-14 Shower Fitting

2. Apr 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Is there a way to regulate the temperature of the water or is it just a certain temp

3. Apr 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    kmd garage

Member:
    Great question.

1. The operation temperature of the shower will vary depending on the efficiency of the vehicle’s cooling
    system and the initial temperature of the water source which you will be pulling from.
    2. The heat exchanger included in this kit is designed to work well when pulling from approximately 50
    deg F water and ran through a vehicle which runs between 195 and 210 degrees F.
    3. With the vehicle running at idle and at its normal operating temperature, you can increase the heat of the
    water coming through the shower by setting a higher idle on the vehicle. 4. If the water coming through the shower is simply too hot, turn the heater on in the vehicle or turn the
    vehicle off completely and just use the residual heat of the heat exchanger to heat the shower water.
    5. **WARNING** If at any time you turn the shower head to the “off” position, know that the water
    sitting in the heat exchanger at that time will be continuously heated and will become very hot. Be
    careful of this “hot spot” in the shower line when you turn the shower head back to the “on” position. It
    is for this reason; we recommend not turning the shower head to the “off” position when using the
    shower. Just keep it running until finished with the unit and turn the pump off.
    6. The 12V pump features a 70 psi internal pressure switch which will trigger and turn the pump off if the
    shower head is turned to the “off” position and 70psi of pressure is built up in the system. The pump
    will automatically turn back on once the shower head is turned back to the “on” position.

Full instructions
    http://synergysuspension.com/instructions/4040-INST.pdf

4. Apr 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Great response, just read the installation instructions and although for a JK I think it's very possible with the Tacos. Includes a water block you mount and recirculates coolant through the engine and warms up water on the in-coming line through the block to the shower head.. it's pretty ingenious actually. My only next question would be is, how much are we talking here? It seems there is hardly any interest but I've been looking for something like this for a while

5. Apr 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    kmd garage

Member:
    Depends on how many are interested. They retail for $300 but If I can get 10-20 guys interested I can go to Synergy and get a better price. I have one kit sitting here all ready if anyone wants one installed.

Even if we only get a few people I can still get a decent deal. Can't really post any prices though do to MAP. but I can pm prices once this picks up a little steam.(Pun intended)

6. Apr 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Crap..this is exactly what I need for camping..HAHAHAHAH(then again..then id never heard the end of it once someone sees it)

7. Apr 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    kmd garage

Member:
    Get a tarp and hide in the bushes lol

8. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    kmd garage

Member:
    UP^^^^^^^^^^
    I have one sitting here at the shop if someone wants to order it up I can give 10% off retail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top