Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Quantum LED Group Buy #2

Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #41
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, they don't...they're a little more compact than the double rows...but not by much, as they use 5W LED's and have slightly bigger reflector bowls. So the Lumen output is just slightly less than a double row, but you can fit the single rows in better hidey spots. I personally don't care too much on how big they are, I worry more about lumen counts, so I try to fit as many double rows everywhere that I can
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #42
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Volcom can you measure how tall that single 20" is with the mount and everything. Maybe check with KMD to see if all the single rows are the same height mounted.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #43
06toyoboy is on a distinguished road
06toyoboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
From what I've heard, the double row will probably be a little brighter and shoot a little farther than the single row. Every little bit helps in the desert. If I can, I'll be running two double rows...one amber for chasing and one white for everything...both spot lights for distance...and then some 6.5 floods to fill in the close by. I'll be posting pictures on Wednesday of how it all looks and some night pics of it all.

PS in the desert I've found that you definitely want spot lights because desert running is alot of go fast stuff, so you're looking for distance but you also want to fill in the front and sides up close. Honestly it's up to you and the kind of trailing you do.

I may be throwing In another 30"something just for a boatload of light and put it on a roof rack or something
Yea i want one up front and one on the roof but i have yet to find a desighn that i can get done and a place to do it for a roof light mount
Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ugh, I already gave it to Tyler, I'll know on Wednesday. I think he said he's burning in my tabs and hoop for my bumper tomorrow.

I don't remember exactly how tall it was from the mount, But i'll shoot Tyler a text tomorrow and see if hes got the measurements for that already or not.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06toyoboy View Post
Yea i want one up front and one on the roof but i have yet to find a desighn that i can get done and a place to do it for a roof light mount
Honestly, Hit up Socalduckslayer for your bumper needs, he can do an inset LED bar in your bumper...and I know he just came out with a roof rack...but Bobber Bill has a mount strictly for LED bars that mounts to your roof. Pretty sure you can rock any size lights on his set up. Its basically just a mount on each side, I think mounts in your factory roof rack locations, with a bar going across the roof, and you just weld on tabs where you need them. So you could throw up like two 20' bars or a 30' and some smaller ones on the sides or something.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
Quote:
Honestly, Hit up Socalduckslayer for your bumper needs, he can do an inset LED bar in your bumper...and I know he just came out with a roof rack...but Bobber Bill has a mount strictly for LED bars that mounts to your roof. Pretty sure you can rock any size lights on his set up. Its basically just a mount on each side, I think mounts in your factory roof rack locations, with a bar going across the roof, and you just weld on tabs where you need them. So you could throw up like two 20' bars or a 30' and some smaller ones on the sides or something.
Do both of this guys do work on 05+models or any model tacoma? I ask because i wrecked my dads 06 (hence the name) and walked away from the wreck so went out and bought an 03.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #47
I don't 'do work' on any models, personally. If I had a house/garage I'd do all my own work, yes. but apartment living does not promote any sort of mechanical anything for vehicles lol.

What are you trying to get done, though? There are many mechanics down in SD that can help you out.
I Know Speed Freak (Jason) is a great mechanic, he lives in North County San Diego, has excellent prices and does awesome work. He was a licensed Toyota/Lexus tech for a while, and has a badass jeep that he did all his own work on.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
Quote:
I don't 'do work' on any models, personally. If I had a house/garage I'd do all my own work, yes. but apartment living does not promote any sort of mechanical anything for vehicles lol.

What are you trying to get done, though? There are many mechanics down in SD that can help you out.
I Know Speed Freak (Jason) is a great mechanic, he lives in North County San Diego, has excellent prices and does awesome work. He was a licensed Toyota/Lexus tech for a while, and has a badass jeep that he did all his own work on.
I need a roof basket. And a rear bumper. I saw one on another taco that i liked a lot but just never had the chance to take a picture of it. But ill do some searching and see if i can find anyone closer to home
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #49
kmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmd garage's Tacoma Gallery
We are planning to do roof baskets and bumpers as soon as we get some trucks in for Mockup.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #50
Hmmm do I wanna drive 8 hours....
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #51
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ yes you do!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #52
Haha tempting, very tempting.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #53
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
How far is lathrop from san jose?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
kmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmd garage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmd garage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
How far is lathrop from san jose?
1.5 hrs tops depends on traffic on 205
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd garage View Post
We are planning to do roof baskets and bumpers as soon as we get some trucks in for Mockup.
I would take mine for mockup but damn thats one hell of a drive
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #56
So anyone else need lights?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #57
Quote:
So anyone else need lights?

Yea I have a customer that wants me to get them some from this when he figures out what he wants. Hopefully in a day or two he will know.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #58
Awesome! Gonna be updating the OP with a couple more single rows later today. Still no pics, but a couple more that people have asked for.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #59
tacocass is on a distinguished road

Name: cass
tacocass's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had the money for 2 of the 55w floods and the 36" bar...