5. banditstpk 1 Vertical surface mount + bracket
6. tacowagon 1 Vertical surface mount + bracket
7. P-Dub 1 Windshield Mount + Bracket
8. dsrtne1 1 Windshield Mount + Bracket
9. Mr. biscuits 1 Windshield mount + bracket
10. daweldon 1 vertical surface + bracket
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #22
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I checked on ultraguage's website and it says it isn't compatible with the 1st gen Tacoma. is this true?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
I checked on ultraguage's website and it says it isn't compatible with the 1st gen Tacoma. is this true?
Umm, honestly I'm not sure. Its supposed to be compatible with any OBD II complaint vehicle which the 1st gen is. So I will try to verify this information and get back to you. In the meantime, anyone with a first gen used one before?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #24
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK, to confirm, the ultragauge is compatible with all 1996+ OBD II complaint vehicles, EXCEPT the few listed on their "exceptions" list. Sadly for you 1st gen guys, the 2001-2004 Tacoma is on that exceptions list

IF you have a 1st gen 6 LUG WITH ABS, then the ultragauge will work, however it is known to have conflicts with the ABS system during startup. UG does have a solution for this issue if your still interested. Remember, ONLY the 6 lug with ABS first gen is compatible, all other 1st gens. Cannot use the UG. See below for the "fix"

Quote:
The 2001-2004 Tacoma with 6 lug wheels and optional ABS is compatible with UltraGauge. However, when the ignition is first switched on, the interaction with UltraGauge may cause the ABS system to become disabled and the ABS dash indicator will become lit. This issue was corrected by Toyota in 2005 and later years. This issue may exist on other 2000-2004 Toyota vehicles which have ABS.

The pre-2005 Toyotas use the 9141 protocol which uses pin 7 of the OBDII connector for communication, however, Toyota is apparently also using pins 14 and 6 of the OBDII connector for their own purposes. These pins are set aside by the OBDII standard for the CAN interface, and UltraGauge is connected to these pins. Many have found that isolating these pins will resolve the issue.

To isolate the pins we recommend one of the two options:

OPTION 1
Cut the wires connected to pins 14 and 6 of the vehicle's female OBDII connector.* Add crimp-on bullet connectors to enable the cut wires to be connected and disconnected quickly and easily.* Place the male bullet connector on the wire end going to the OBDII connector.* When UltraGauge is attached, unconnect the wires

OPTION 2

Purchase a short OBDII extension cable and carefully break off all of the unused male pins.* Such cables can be found for as low as $4 with a bit of searching.** To determine which pins are used, see the chart below.

The vehicle's female connector pinout:

*********** WARNING ****************
Pin 16 of the vehicles connector is always live. It is recommended to remove the associated fuse or disconnect the vehicle's battery when modifying connections.

Interfacefemale Connector Pins
J1850-VPM2
Early Ford2,10
ISO 91417,15
CAN6,14
KWP20007,15
Common pins:
Battery +12VDC16
Ground5,4

The early Toyotas use ISO 9141 and pins 16,5,4,15 & 7.* All other pins, if present, are proprietary to Ford and are used only for diagnostic purposes.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #25
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have pics of how they mounted an Ultra Gauge? Just curious to see so I know which mount to go with. I tried the search, but as soon as I start typing in the search box, it exits out
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #26
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
Does anyone have pics of how they mounted an Ultra Gauge? Just curious to see so I know which mount to go with. I tried the search, but as soon as I start typing in the search box, it exits out
I assume its due to u being on ur phone.

PM inbound to avoid cluttering thread
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1. PcBuilder14 1 Bracket Only
2. Bubba353z 1 Bracket only
3. El Chip 1 Bracket only
4. RMAN808 1 Vertical surface mount + bracket
11. Hairy Taco 1 Windshield Mount + bracket
Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
12. AaronArf 1 Vertical Surface Mount & Velcro & Bracket

What is the drop dead date for this Group Buy to meet 50 people?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I assume its due to u being on ur phone.

PM inbound to avoid cluttering thread
Feel free to post pics guys, its helpful yo those who dont know much about it. When I got mine, UG did not offer a surface mount, so I got the windshield mount. I like where mine is at, but I may pick up a surface mount this go around and re mount mine. Here's some pics of mine: (only pics I have right now, but I'll get more up later if you want)

Old 04-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #30
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post

What is the drop dead date for this Group Buy to meet 50 people?
Well during the last GB it took about 2 weeks to get a list of 200+ so I'd imagine we have 50 within a week. If the list isn't complete within 2 weeks or so then this may get canceled. But I'm pretty confident we will get to 50 no problem.

Once we hit the 50+ on the list it still takes about 1 week for the vendor to confirm stock and then a week for ordering and delivery. So this group buy should be complete within 30 days or less. And by 30 days I mean you guys should have your orders by then.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #31
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
13. Ponethousand 1 Windshield Mount + bracket
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #32
troutfinger is on a distinguished road

troutfinger's Tacoma Gallery
13. Ponethousand 1 Windshield Mount + bracket
14. Troutfinger 1 Windshield Mount + bracket
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

13. Troutfinger 1 Windshield Mount + bracket

Sorry took myself out. Did not want to deal with the abs issue
Old 04-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
LIST:

I dont think this will work for your truck. Works for mine but would have to deal with the abs issue.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #35
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
All you have to do is remove one of the pins on the obd2 port and it's good to go as far as I know.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #36

You have a 6 lug with abs?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
That link is money!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
That link is money!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
That link is money!
So are you still in then?