1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Elite Off-Road Products Front Bumper Group Buy

Discussion in 'Elite Off-Road' started by Timicha, May 5, 2013.

1. Mar 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    bellassaiw10

bellassaiw10 Formally afroman5015

Member:
    Currituck NC
    Vehicle:
    09 LMM 2500HD Duramax
    Yeah they had my bumper for a week and had no idea what it was

2. Mar 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    This is common - the only reason my local one knew was because I told them to keep an eye out for it.

3. Mar 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    gathaway

gathaway TRD Overland

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport Double Cab
    6in. ProComp Lift 35in. Tires
    Yea I called in advace to my shop as soon as I thought it my ship. Then I called every week till it showed. They where glad to have it gone so I wouldn't call anymore

4. Mar 17, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    RobertO

RobertO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    prerunner
    Or, maybe we could have been notified when it was shipping out. I really do understand being busy but it really isn't to much to ask. Come on we're getting there!

5. Mar 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    Coppertone

Coppertone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB TRD OR
    9 month wait? geez

6. Mar 17, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    bellassaiw10

bellassaiw10 Formally afroman5015

Member:
    Currituck NC
    Vehicle:
    09 LMM 2500HD Duramax
    Once you guys get your bumper it'll be well worth the wait

7. Mar 17, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I did call Fastenal and they didn't have anything for me, so the wait continues. Just this past weekend I had to cut a shit ton of plastic off the front factory bumper to keep my new tires from rubbing. I went ahead and hammered the pinch weld because the alignment guy adjusted the caster to keep from rubbing the front bumper and inadvertently caused me to rub more in the aft portion. It looks like I'm safe for now.

8. Mar 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    Ready for a facelift
    [​IMG]
    Truck parts day is better than Christmas
    [​IMG]
    Unwrapped
    [​IMG]
    And Installed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are a few fitment issues but overall I am happy with it and a bit a mud will make it all blend.

9. Mar 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    I'll take some better pictures when there is better sunlight later in the week. For those with questions about the install, I used the instructions All-Pro has on their website for the removal of my stock bumper. I left the Arm mounting brackets so my headlights didn't float but pulled the center piece and cut down the center piece from the radiator just in front of where the grille sits. The crush blocks for the stock aluminum piece need to be removed. With a TRD you have to remove the tow hook and cut off the loop. If you got the support brackets you will need to pull the bolt for the end caps.

10. Mar 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    WisTaco

WisTaco Bowhunter -)))----->

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Murdered 08
    TRD coi,TRD exhaust, Leer cap,WT floormats, Ironman Lift, LR UCA's, Ultra Rogue wheels, 255/75/17's. DYI mods 4x4 Illum switch & BLHM.
    That sure is sweet looking!!

11. Mar 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    TOY1188

TOY1188 Thinking of the next adventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma D/C TRD
    Elite Off-Road Front Bumper KC 8" HID lights 3" Old Man emu lift up front, 2" add a leaf rear, 285/75R16 Cooper ST MAXX, Gear offset wheels, Truxedo lo pro QT, Added front bed D-rings, Flow master dual exhaust w/stage 50 muffler, aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Wet Oakley seat covers, WeatherTech floor liners, Firestone rite-ride airbags w/ Daystar air bag cradle, 30% 3m front window tint
    looks good got the same thing on mine a few months back no one has said anything to me yet but i get looks all the time now

12. Mar 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    Sweet bumpers!!! And yes I ship with fastenal They suck a calling. Most locals stores dont even know they can even ship for people.

13. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    arifleman

arifleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD 3.4L Ext Cab
    My own personal experiences dealing with Tim Teran and Elite Off-Road Products, for those contemplating a purchase.

I was tasked with following up on a bumper promised ship date of January/Februaury off an August order date for my son who had joined USMC and was out of communication from December until March at MCRD. I just picked up the bumper yesterday from my local Fastenal.

First off, Elite makes a great looking bumper with very nice welds - no question about it.

Cons:

You cannot easily communicate with Tim. His phone is rarely answered and is usually full so there is no way to leave messages. If you prefer email communications (I do) he is equally tough to pin down. In order to get him to answer I have had to put “2nd Notice, Courtesy Response Required,” in the subject line, and even that is no guarantee of a timely response.

Tim lies. I could be gentle and say he obfuscates, promising completion dates that he knows he will not be making, but that would be too generous for any folks considering an order with Elite Bumpers. When you send a company a thousand-plus dollars for a product, that is a huge trust you are making as a consumer and a sacred obligation on the part of the company to communicate with you and to do so accurately. When my son returned from MCRD and the bumper was still not here, nor was Tim available by phone or of a mood to return emails, we talked about potential options for continued non-communication by Tim, including law enforcement or civil action. Heck of a way to run a business!

Two pieces of advice for future potential customers:

Look elsewhere. Yes, he makes a great product, but he is a poor businessman. I spent 33 years in healthcare management, overseeing five managers and their respective service departments totaling 331 employees, with combined budgets of fourteen million dollars. I feel qualified in assessing service business operations and Elite is a poorly run company. Even backlogs are predictable, especially if your order process is first in/first out. At any point in the order process, including when you first order, Tim should be able to provide you a completion schedule date, and it should be met! If Elite Off-Road Products was a vendor I would not do business with them. If Tim were an employee, I expect I would have to ultimately fire him (no matter how good his welds are).

If you do still opt to do business with Elite Off-Road Products (yeah, I know - great looking bumpers), pin him down ahead of time, in writing, with a deliverable date. That way if you do need to start civil process, you will have documentation on hand. Oh, and don’t say I didn’t warn you!

For those counting away the months and wondering where their bumper orders are in process, my son placed his on August 23rd, so that makes seven months. I see guys on here who are nine months out and still waiting. Again, heck of a way to run a business! I will never do business with him myself. FWIW.

14. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    can't argue with that..at this point..

15. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    So your son ordered the bumper almost two months after this group buy closed and received it before almost half of the list. I get going above and beyond for service members but damn.

16. Mar 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Unfortunate.

17. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    TRDBeast

TRDBeast Boogie Man Kryptonite

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Crew Cab TRD
    Brute Force front armor with 30" rigid and dual 4" quad rigid fogs OME suspension 3" lift with Dakar leaf pack and ToyTec body lift for total 4.25 LR UCA's 9000 sport Nitro Charger shocks 885X Coils AFE Pro Dry CAI 18" Rockstars Alpine DDIN systemw/Nav, Bluetooth and DVD 2 12's Infinity Kappa's in doors and Alpine 6.5 X 9 in front and back and 2 Alpine Zeus amps rear 2 Rockford Fosgate amps front NFab running boards Dyno tuned FXRs w/ 3" Projectors and Halos retrofit w/ Apollo shrouds and 5000k HID 55W Debadged Wet Okole skins HomerTaco Satoshi grill Elusive Elements light support with 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill Powder coated tool box TRD gear shift Andres Devil Horns TREX eyelids Body Armor rear bumper 15% Tint "ZOMBIE" light switches Custom gun concealer in dash One-piece aluminum drive shaft LED interior light swap
    I want one!

whats the wait like now?

18. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    TRDBeast

TRDBeast Boogie Man Kryptonite

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Crew Cab TRD
    Brute Force front armor with 30" rigid and dual 4" quad rigid fogs OME suspension 3" lift with Dakar leaf pack and ToyTec body lift for total 4.25 LR UCA's 9000 sport Nitro Charger shocks 885X Coils AFE Pro Dry CAI 18" Rockstars Alpine DDIN systemw/Nav, Bluetooth and DVD 2 12's Infinity Kappa's in doors and Alpine 6.5 X 9 in front and back and 2 Alpine Zeus amps rear 2 Rockford Fosgate amps front NFab running boards Dyno tuned FXRs w/ 3" Projectors and Halos retrofit w/ Apollo shrouds and 5000k HID 55W Debadged Wet Okole skins HomerTaco Satoshi grill Elusive Elements light support with 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill Powder coated tool box TRD gear shift Andres Devil Horns TREX eyelids Body Armor rear bumper 15% Tint "ZOMBIE" light switches Custom gun concealer in dash One-piece aluminum drive shaft LED interior light swap

and Homer I still get wicked compliments on my 2 grills I got from ya : )

thx again!

19. Mar 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    9 months and counting.

good luck..

20. Mar 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    LX470
    It probably had nothing to do with that.

Products Discussed in

To Top