Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

*** BORA WHEEL SPACERS Group Buy #2 ***

Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I hope this is true, I'll be sold.
Stop sending your RAIN my way and I will get pix...

Mounting was easy...took my wheels off, cleaned up the rotor/ mounting surface with a wire wheel,mounted the Boras ( small amount of lock-tite on threads )...torqued the new "Shorter nuts" down, re-mounted wheels onto Bora studs... with my oem lug nuts...DONE
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
AWilson013 is on a distinguished road

Army: Boom
Name: Alex
AWilson013's Tacoma Gallery
Pm'd you to add me to the list.

4 x 1.25"

What happens if there are not 25 people by the 17th? (It appears that may be the case.)
Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
I have the .75" Boras and DID NOT need to cut my factory wheel studs...
If this rain EVER stops I will try to get wheel -off pix...
For those concerned, the 3/4 spacers "may" need the stock studs shortened. With the 3/4 spacers, the stud does stick out just a bit from the spacer face. Whether this is an issue or not depends on your wheel and if there are spaces between the lug holes on the wheels. Stock TRD alloys and the new TSS wheels (grey ones) do have these spaces so are not a problem.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys this is Jeff.
Im going to contact the vendor to extend this Group Buy so we can reach the 25 needed.

Again thanks.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
paddlenbike is on a distinguished road
paddlenbike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post
Hi guys this is Jeff.
Im going to contact the vendor to extend this Group Buy so we can reach the 25 needed.

Again thanks.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
michaelw.grey will become famous soon enough

EMS: EMT
Name: mike
michaelw.grey's Tacoma Gallery
im sold if these work with manual locking front hubs, and if I dont have to shorten my stock studs with the .75.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
For those concerned, the 3/4 spacers "may" need the stock studs shortened. With the 3/4 spacers, the stud does stick out just a bit from the spacer face. Whether this is an issue or not depends on your wheel and if there are spaces between the lug holes on the wheels. Stock TRD alloys and the new TSS wheels (grey ones) do have these spaces so are not a problem.

Good point....I upgraded to '09 Toyota wheels...and sorry BUT NH is due for another 24 hours of rain...NO pix till sunshine....
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
ErocksTaco has a spectacular aura aboutErocksTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
ErocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
Good point....I upgraded to '09 Toyota wheels...and sorry BUT NH is due for another 24 hours of rain...NO pix till sunshine....
I could go for 24hours of rain right now... the whole damn state is on fire again

I'm in... PM'ing now
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #32
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
My studs are factory, with no cutting, I think you have to trim the studs if you get the .75" spacers, but 1" and above you don't have to cut or swap out studs. That was the draw for me.

I went BORA because I wanted 1" and not 1.25" spacers, also the price is better, I feel the quality is equal (I have never had Spidertraxs to compare), and I like the black color. I would buy them again and recommend them to anyone here.
This just made me like them as well.......thanks for that info.

I plan on running 285s on stock rims possibly and 1" is what I think I will need.

or maybe .75" I guess............I would using Trd alloys so they would have the recesses in them.

Interesting
Old 06-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Even if I don't get in on the group buy when I next spring I am going to get new tires (bigger) and will need these! Thanks for pointing them out. They look like they will do the trick!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #39
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,
Ok I sent the vendor an email asking for more time on Friday evening. So I'm waiting for a response.

I ask to push the date to a later time, asking for 4 more weeks. Trust me I will pitch the sale hard.
So for now we got to keep going and cross our fingers.

Thanks

I just updated the final date, but this is undetermined so lets keep it on.

Also sorry for the late replies, I'm doing all this from my phone and I'm trying to stay busy with work.
Again thank you.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #40

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the pix..Rain let up for a minute .

OEM lugs do stick out; barely BUT my Toyota wheels have the offset spaces to make it work...

I hope this helps..

Good luck with the GB... Again great product....I own them...All that needs to be said ...
Attached Thumbnails
*** BORA WHEEL SPACERS Group Buy #2 ***-photo-bora-2.jpg   *** BORA WHEEL SPACERS Group Buy #2 ***-bora-1.jpg