LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

42 draft designs Oil Catch cans group buy feeler

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a QUALITY Oil Catch Can?
YES, ultimate 9 12.86%
YES, Stealth 23 32.86%
YES, both 9 12.86%
Maybe stealth 25 35.71%
Maybe Ultimate 8 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
justus do u work at 42?
no he doesnt, hes just trying to hook us up with these sweet cans
Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.

Justus is a good guy to deal with.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #23
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
:bump: for a good idea and a great guy

already have one
Old 06-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm, would help keep the TB and IAC cleaner...

Stealth
Old 06-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #26
RustyShackleTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: George
RustyShackleTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Fat thumbs voted for stealth, but I would be interested in both.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Post Im half awake now instead of a zombie

got a small nap in, so ill try to play catch up here.

For those of ya interested, those that have bumped the thread, and those who have covered some of the questions for me and vouched for me and the fact I don work for 42 draft designs, THANK YOU for popping in. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Would be interested in one but they will ship with UPS.
Currently boycotting UPS for thier customs policy and surcharges.
They will be drop shipping these and I dont wanna cause any hiccups in the process, Im sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyoffoo View Post
Any chance to get the stealth catch can with NPT fittings included in the group buy? The regular ones have 3/4 fittings, the ones below would allow us to use a 3/8 fitting for our trucks.

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Stea...NPT_p_467.html
Ill see.... Its gunna drive the price up tho. That can is 10 more from what I see. Wouldnt a quality reducer work?
Ill be working bugs out and trying ideas on mine so I can have answers later when we are ready to pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
justus do u work at 42?
Dude, I wish....... They have some cool parts and Id love to work there and help develop parts for our trucks (I think they are primarily VW/Audi oriented). The catch cans are universal thankfully and thanks to versatile mounting options we are gunna be fine...Plus like I said, Ill be working out any variables as they show up so its smoother for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootter14 View Post
Stealth. Is there an actual good spot to mount this in a Tacoma? And I read it separates the oil fumes from intake or something like that; what's this really do and is it worth 130+s/h???
Not all our trucks are the same... sport vs offroad I think have some differences in whats already mounted to the engine bay. Theres also those of us with intercooler pumps/resivoirs, custom light relays, compressors, alarm sirens, etc.

these cans wont be that big, and they have multiple mounting options.

Theres some info about what they do in the first post...

Is it worth the $130?
Thats up to the user I guess, but I have seen the crap that some catch cans do catch, and these are by far the best catch cans I have ever seen with very well thought out filters on BOTH cans. No need to replace, and no fibers to get sent through the combustion chamber. These guys have their cans being used in all kinds of engines including (and I never thought about it) airplanes. I dont own a plane but I assume those are pricey engines.

~ Brock
Old 06-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #29
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, from the specs they give and the pics on their site showing installations on VWs, the Stealth would appear to be about the size of a 1qt nalgene bottle, which is 3.62 x 7.87 inches according to REI
Old 06-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ill get pics with common objects for reference when mine shows up.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #31

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Ill get pics with common objects for reference when mine shows up.
It's odd they don't just list the dimensions, especailly for VWs with far less space under their hoods than our trucks. But still, perhaps they can provide them...
Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #32

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
ULTIMATE dimensions below

STEALTH dimesions below

not my measurments, found it on another forum in australia..... measurements appear to be in MM and "CC" I assume is "center to center"?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #33

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
STEALTH reference pic?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #34

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ultimate dimensions

not my measurments, found it on another forum in australia..... measurements appear to be in MM and "CC" I assume is "center to center"?
It's in goddamn Canadian! Yeah, I think you are right.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #35

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
It's in goddamn Canadian! Yeah, I think you are right.
edited my post..............forgot to label stealth and ultimate in case anyone wasnt sure

top is ultimate, bottom 2 are stealth
Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #36
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ill see.... Its gunna drive the price up tho. That can is 10 more from what I see. Wouldnt a quality reducer work?
Ill be working bugs out and trying ideas on mine so I can have answers later when we are ready to pull the trigger.

~ Brock
I currently have the stealth with a reducer fitting, makes it look cheap and rigged up. They came out with the NPT fittings after I bought it.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #37

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation FOLLOWING UP ON NPT FITTING CATCH CANS, STAY TUNED

OK, I will be speaking to sources Monday to get the NPT catch cans (both the ultimate and stealth) in on this deal. Thank you for the suggestion. I hope the few extra $$ doesnt deter anyone

as always, the more interest, the more bumps........ the more bumps, the more buyers, the more buyers, SHOULD by all means should get us all better discounts.

Im still working on this and have talked to a few sources including the manufacturer, but it hasnt been very long so anything is possible.

Ill do the best I can for us regarding price, suppliers reputation, and requirements. Im doing my best to meet good discounts AND I want to stay away from you guys paying ME directly. Some places wanted me to collect money, but as a buyer in other group buys, I know this deters me.
So I am negotiating the best I can for us on prices and making sure your money is being sent to a COMPANY and not a single person. This way everyone should feel safe about their investments. Ive never burned anyone, but I fully understand not wanting to send money to a single person sometimes.

Please bear with me on this, and spread the word in the meantime... I will start a new thread when the deal with a supplier has been reached and sounds safe for everyone. There we can go on to the group buy final steps of contact info, prices, and options.

Thanks for all the interest my brothers and sisters!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of my stealth can installed. Works great, just want to clean it up a bit.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
^ Very nice!

In for a Stealth
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #40

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyoffoo View Post
Here is a pic of my stealth can installed. Works great, just want to clean it up a bit.

I will be making a call on Monday to have the deal revised to NPT cans.......good suggestion....keep ideas/suggestions coming