LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

****42 DRAFT DESIGNS OIL CATCH CAN GROUP BUY****

Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #362
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I could probably do it, carefully and time consuming....not much different than working on turbine engines, just a royal pain in the ass.

Probably removing the "C" bracket would help a little...but your blower is perfectly in the way.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #363
bbob is on a distinguished road
bbob's Tacoma Gallery
I just received mine and the box wasn't taped up well (understatement) so the bottom was hanging open and the catch-can was barely being held in and it was the only thing in the box (anything smaller would've fallen out). Was there supposed to be any paperwork in the box or was the can the only thing in the box that everyone received?

Mine is a Stealth so I'm assuming there wasn't supposed to be any mounting hardware, right?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #364
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I just received mine and the box wasn't taped up well (understatement) so the bottom was hanging open and the catch-can was barely being held in and it was the only thing in the box (anything smaller would've fallen out). Was there supposed to be any paperwork in the box or was the can the only thing in the box that everyone received?

Mine is a Stealth so I'm assuming there wasn't supposed to be any mounting hardware, right?
did you order a quick drain valve or anything else?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #365
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.mcmaster.com/#91465k161/=ocgj88

Brass Push-on Hose Fitting
Adapter for 3/8" Hose ID x 1/2" NPTF Male Pipe

In stock
$3.18 per pack of 1
91465K161

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044FQVYG/...410_item_image

$8.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Anyone else get the 3/4" barb style can? How did you hook it up? I can't find a reducer to get it to fit.

When I ordered I thought it was 3/8, which would be a direct connect. So it is not a direct connect. What to do?

Edit: So far, I think I could find a 3/4 to 5/8 barb then use a 5/8 to 3/8. But that's kind of messy.

Edit 2: I found this, but need the American version http://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co...ner-1577-p.asp
Old 09-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #366
bbob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post

did you order a quick drain valve or anything else?
No, just the stealth by itself, no optional stuff.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #368
bbob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
then you're good
Great, thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #369
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
luka's Tacoma Gallery
so I took mine to work and tried to tap the bottom hole more than it was to have the brass fitting sit further in(like the top one)

and broke the can!

Nah just kidding...I couldn't secure the can down without damaging it or the tap, so i'll just live with it.

the 1/2NPT threading is also funny to begin with, as the threaded hole will become bigger the further you tap into the hole, which is why it's such a tight fit.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #370
Dravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Dravyss's Tacoma Gallery
Installed this last weekend. Absolutely no complaints!

Thanks again Justus for getting this together!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #371
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
so I took mine to work and tried to tap the bottom hole more than it was to have the brass fitting sit further in(like the top one)

and broke the can!

Nah just kidding...I couldn't secure the can down without damaging it or the tap, so i'll just live with it.

the 1/2NPT threading is also funny to begin with, as the threaded hole will become bigger the further you tap into the hole, which is why it's such a tight fit.
Sounds like the bung was installed backwards. I noticed a similar matter, when I was test fitting my 1/2" NPT -10AN fitting. Fit in properly on the top port, but was very tight with just a few thread in, on the lower port.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #372
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Sounds like the bung was installed backwards. I noticed a similar matter, when I was test fitting my 1/2" NPT -10AN fitting. Fit in properly on the top port, but was very tight with just a few thread in, on the lower port.
The top is aluminum so it was easier to tap the hole deep enough for the fitting, the botton hole was tapped through the steel fitting and because of the welding(heat treating) it is now hardened...which is why I couldn't tap the hole to match the top hole.

1/2NPT threading is not a perfect hole or cylindrical, but more like a cone.

found this to explain it....pretty much, the bung wasn't tapped far enough to thread in the fitting so it would sit flush like the top one.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #373
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
http://www.mcmaster.com/#91465k161/=ocgj88

Brass Push-on Hose Fitting
Adapter for 3/8" Hose ID x 1/2" NPTF Male Pipe

Found these on amazon: http://goo.gl/gDll7Q $6.55 on prime
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #374
XEMS is on a distinguished road
XEMS's Tacoma Gallery
Hello everyone, this is Robert from XE.

I have a few people that backed out of the group buy so we have a few catch cans in stock for the same group buy price. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone that missed the group buy to purchase one.

Here's a list of what is left (not much):

Ultimate Catch Can 1/2" NPT (Brushed Finish) - 3
Quick Drain Fitting - 1

If your interested please e-mail me at robert@xemotorsports.com.

Thanks again Justus for making this group buy happen!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #375
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
bump for previous post

- and -

i've got my truck in the shop for suspension work and they're going to fab a mount to install my can in the space between the battery and grill. will put up pics when i get the truck back.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #376
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
bracket made by torfab in Mukilteo, WA
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #379
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like that /\
Me too. I just picked mine up Thursday and have been trying to decide how to mount it and where. I think I like that spot better. That way I won't have to relocate it when I tub the firewall and fenders. Although I may have to remount it since I will have to relocate the battery to the bed when I do the fenders.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #380
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, well I can see now that I made a big mistake not getting the fittings installed at production time. Anyone have recommendations for damage control at this point?