Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

****42 DRAFT DESIGNS OIL CATCH CAN GROUP BUY****

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
How heavy is the ultimate? Mine may end up in suspension via two 3/4" hoses at the ports
Theres literally nothing nearby to mount it on without routing a bunch of hose around.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
All will be machined aluminum.....
-brock

The stealth is all stainless. Its just brushed stainless. The Aluminum on the ultimate is the whole top/dip stick. The "filter" on both is in fact aluminum though.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #43
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
That's an expensive dip stick If you drain along with your oil changes there will never be an issue. The amount it catches after 5k miles is not even a 1/4 of its capacity.

true, but it's more of a personal preference for me; opening it up and adjusting are also bonuses. I'm thinking of wiring in an 'hours' meter too.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the dip stick is worth it, but the ability to open it up and clean it is almost worth it but not quite...
Old 06-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #46
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The way my tC is designed. I want the ultimate for changing inlet/outlet directions.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #47
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get quotes from a local shop or two......
But all cans are being shipped without coating so it's just a personal favor. I've seen group buys go south when too much time and too many options and price configurations are offered.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #48

I think if anyone wants a darker catch can, spend an hour with proper surface prep, primer, then paint. It'll last you forever.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #50

Black sharpie
Old 06-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
The feeler looked so promising..........

Mines already paid for and I'll get a partial refund based on the number we order... U get 20% and I get refunded the same...... But thankfully I pretty much counted on losing the money.

Still surprised at the handful of emails so far.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #52

Yea its amazingh how many people back out. That dispute that I'm in the middfle of got weireder. Paypal asked for a tracking number so dude sent a random package on the 27th and sent them that number. 4 weeks after he said my parts shipped

UPS says it'll arrive on the 5th. I'll know more after. I'm basically 100% in anyways cause I'll just install the shitty one on the gf's car.

Ever get the weight of the ultimate??
Old 06-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #53

Also thinking of getting my buddies in on it two..
Old 06-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #54

Btw does the 3/4" beaded just thread into the 1/2" ntp fitting? Like the back of the 3/4" beaded part I mean?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #55

Got some friends in, 3 ultimates so far.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #56

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Yea its amazingh how many people back out. That dispute that I'm in the middfle of got weireder. Paypal asked for a tracking number so dude sent a random package on the 27th and sent them that number. 4 weeks after he said my parts shipped

UPS says it'll arrive on the 5th. I'll know more after. I'm basically 100% in anyways cause I'll just install the shitty one on the gf's car.

Ever get the weight of the ultimate??
No weight.... Shite

Quote:
Also thinking of getting my buddies in on it two..
yaya!

Quote:
Btw does the 3/4" beaded just thread into the 1/2" ntp fitting? Like the back of the 3/4" beaded part I mean?
u lost me.... The 3/4" ends in an outlet... No threads. If ur lines are 3/4", then this means u plug the lines right to the can.

The female npt bungs allow u to use reducers at the bung and that way u can use a reducer to barb fitting. Just like in my pics where the brass fittings are installed. That's the npt can with 1/2" male to 3/8 barb.... Our pcv line is 3/8 so this allows a simple push on design and will work with pretty much any size pcv lines due to having you choose what size barb reducer u need....
If that didn't help, call me.

Quote:
Got some friends in, 3 ultimates so far.

Nice work !
Old 06-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #57

Thread set up on scionlife!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #58

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thread set up on scionlife!
thank u sir
Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #59
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Never got an email back...?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #60

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
Never got an email back...?
Ahh I see ur email..... Is this what ur referring to?

Quote:
Going to go Stealth route with 1/2 inch fittings and the quick drain option.
I notice the Quick drain is for 3/8s. Recommendation of fitting size? I have a 99 tacoma.
the quick drain should use 3/8 ID tubing

as for the barb size to ur PCV u need to check that.... Or if ur by Paso, let me know. I have a couple cans and the stealth I have is setup with 3/8 barbs (work for 2nd gen) I got from miners.

Ill be in/out for awhile here installing a gauge.

Im sorry, I have a 2nd gen, so I cant test fit these barbs on a first gen tacoma.... But u can do a solid for others and swing by and test fit.... And put both catch cans in ur hand.... I have to send them back this week tho.

Products Discussed in this Thread