LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Gauging Interest: Zombie TRD Bedside Decals

Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Ghostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to behold

Ghostrider757's Tacoma Gallery
Gauging Interest: Zombie TRD Bedside Decals

Hey folks. I have been working with a graphic designer to get decals made for my truck and wanted to share this with everyone since I went through hell to get this to fruition and maybe I can save others some trouble. And sorry for the long post in advance

To be transparent, I'm not here to make a living off this, I am a DOD Contractor in Afghanistan that is coming home to the states for a couple of weeks on R&R. I will then return back to the sandbox for another year. FML.

I bought a 2013 DCSB for my girlfriend and will be picking it up and modding it when I get home Aug 2nd. She REALLY wanted the Zombie Response Unit bedside decals that were made by Sockmonkey. As we all know, he is no longer making decals. I tried to find others, but they just werent the same. I tracked down the exact fonts and graphics that are free on the web, contracted a graphic designer and well, was able to duplicate them I'd say.....to a "T". I paid more than most people would ever pay for this.....but my girlfriend has exceeded my expectations while I have been out of the country and deserves to get what she wants.

While I have duplicated Sockmonkeys work using the same free fonts and free graphics he used, this is in no way meant to disrespect him, fill his void or have a commercial business of any sort. I apologize if anyone feels I have done any of the above, not my intention. I'm a Network Admin, not a decal maker.

With that being said, If there is enough interest, I can order more decals for everyone that would like them. Keep in mind, this is a 1 SHOT DEAL. Meaning, Im only home for 2 weeks which is enough time for me to order them, have them printed and mail them out. I will not be doing this on a regular basis, just helping others since I already bit the bullet in cost.

I have a pic of the design but need a minor change to it before I can post it. I should have the final design in my email within the next 12 hours and I will post it. The one I will post is for my girlfriends truck. I would be able to do different colors as well. These are printed on 3M Clear Vinyl so the color of your truck will show through and are die cut 1/8 of an inch from the graphics.

If you have questions concerns, etc. Please let me know. Im not going to be upset if nobody wants these, I will have my set regardless. Just helping out. I also have another member on here who can vouch for me personally. Thanks for reading.

Cliffs notes:
Struggled to find a bedside decal for my GF.
Sharing is Caring.
Im not a decal maker, just play one on TW.
Recreated design using same free fonts.
No disrespect to SM Intended.
Group Buy? (One time deal)
Will post a pic shortly.
Heyyyyyyyy Macarena!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
No pix? And you can't say FML if you're a contractor
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
Ghostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to beholdGhostrider757 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
No pix? And you can't say FML if you're a contractor
I will post up a pic of the design in about 12 hours. I have one now but I needed to have them tweak it. I wont have "actual printed" pics until I get my set on Aug 2nd.

I agree with you there.....except the hajis dont discriminate who they hit with rockets. Oh, and i've been here for 10 months straight now....and will be here for another 13 months....so yeah, FML haha.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Army: MSC
Name: Ryan
surfryhder's Tacoma Gallery
Im interested
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There is another vinyl decal maker that makes the ZRU decals, I bought them from him for $16 shipped to my door IIRC. Look him up in the BST marketplace.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
After looking at his decals again, there is a slight difference. I had Sockmonkey's on my 11 and I will be putting this member's on my 12 tomorrow and will share the pics.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
There is another vinyl decal maker that makes the ZRU decals, I bought them from him for $16 shipped to my door IIRC. Look him up in the BST marketplace.
Yes, he was the first person I went to. Matter of fact, you can see his attempt at a decal in his thread....that one was for me. He was also very unresponsive, worked with him for 3 weeks and he wasnt capable of delivering what I want.

Vinyl decals that he offers compared to what im getting are night and day. Mine are printed on clear vinyl and equivalent to Sockmonkeys......HUGE difference.

If you are satisfied with $16 decals, by all means, go for it. Im offering a top quality decal.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #8

I attached the Next to final draft.....just have to make a slight change to it. Its getting late out here, dont think I will have the final draft till tomorrow. Just wanted to give everyone an idea of what im taking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Gauging Interest: Zombie TRD Bedside Decals-not-final-draft.png  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
can we get these in all black?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
can we get these in all black?
I can get them in any color. Just need to check with the printer on pricing. Trying to keep it as low as possible.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
cool. Shoot me a PM with price bro. I may be intrested
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Interested also: blue if it color becomes an option.
Thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #13

Quote:
cool. Shoot me a PM with price bro. I may be intrested
This is gonna be a quick group buy if theres enough interest. Basically when I pick up the decals on Aug 2nd, Im going to verify Quality and put them on the truck. Take a pic, post it and get pricing then. August 10th, I will put in the order in for all those that paid and Ship them August 19th.

This process will go very quickly as I am on a time schedule before I head back to Afghanistan. Just need enough people to make this worth while.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
understood. can i ask what the price range may be? sorry if you covered that already
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #15

Quote:
understood. can i ask what the price range may be? sorry if you covered that already
As of right now, it looks like it is $39.99 per pair in any color plus $2.99 shipping. If we get over 25 pair, it goes down to $34.99 plus shipping.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Lets get it rolling! we dont have much time gentlmen!! lol

I like these
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
im a maybe
Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
pcabinatan is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
pcabinatan's Tacoma Gallery
Im Interested!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
burg is on a distinguished road
burg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested as well... But not with that color... I'll have to choose a different color.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
I'm interested as well... But not with that color... I'll have to choose a different color.
Thats not a problem. You can pick any color you want