Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

FEELER: group buy on gears

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #121
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertocritser View Post
Just got an email back from chase, he said he was going to skim through the thread and look at how many people are interested and then he will be posting prices, so keep your eyes peeled
Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #122
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
lol that picture is sooo spot on
Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #123
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
That's honestly gotta be a rough position to be in ha. The lower he goes, the more people will get in, but too low and you run the risk of losing money.

Not brown nosing here but one thing I do know is ECGS is one of about four companies on my list that I have seem great things out of though. I'm pretty confident they're about their customer more than profit so I'm not too worried about it.

I find it lame that I know of all of four companies that I can call up and not feel like I'm defending against getting the shaft at all moments.

Haha sorry, getting off soap box.

Still lurking
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #125
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Same situation here money is tight foe a couple months, but I will jump on this to save a few hundred dollars on two sets of gears and an ARB locker. Lets face it, do we ever have $3000 sitting around and no place to spend it?

I will need the gears (front & rear) installed on carriers so that I can bolt them in, all that preload and checking for engagement/mesh patterns is above me. Especially if I can have Chase do it properly. You don't want to have to tear down you axle a month or six afterward because it was done wrong.

One question I have is: My truck is a V6 4x4 and has factory 3.73 gears, are 4.11 gears available? I know it is not much change from the 3.73, but I'm trying to keep fuel mileage decent AND make up for 32" and 33.3" tall tires. (I have two mounted sets, 265/75R16 Duratracs and 255/85R16 BFG Mud Terrains). I have added the weight of plate bumpers at both ends, full steel skids, sliders and a bed rack for my RTT.

Would 4.11's be a vaild swap or just go with the 4.56 gears and live with the mileage and enjoy the power?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #126
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
too bad i just got an assembled 3rd off them...
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #127
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Same situation here money is tight foe a couple months, but I will jump on this to save a few hundred dollars on two sets of gears and an ARB locker. Lets face it, do we ever have $3000 sitting around and no place to spend it?

I will need the gears (front & rear) installed on carriers so that I can bolt them in, all that preload and checking for engagement/mesh patterns is above me. Especially if I can have Chase do it properly. You don't want to have to tear down you axle a month or six afterward because it was done wrong.

One question I have is: My truck is a V6 4x4 and has factory 3.73 gears, are 4.11 gears available? I know it is not much change from the 3.73, but I'm trying to keep fuel mileage decent AND make up for 32" and 33.3" tall tires. (I have two mounted sets, 265/75R16 Duratracs and 255/85R16 BFG Mud Terrains). I have added the weight of plate bumpers at both ends, full steel skids, sliders and a bed rack for my RTT.

Would 4.11's be a vaild swap or just go with the 4.56 gears and live with the mileage and enjoy the power?
I think the MPG gains from 3.73s to 4.11s would be negligible. I'd personally just go for the 4.56s
Old 08-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #128
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post

Id be more worried about fucking up your tcase when in 4wd with two different tire sizes.

I see a use for your gear money already...
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #129
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Id be more worried about fucking up your tcase when in 4wd with two different tire sizes.

I see a use for your gear money already...
He might run a set in the desert and one on trails? Doesn't say he runs them at the same time.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #131
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahhh okay. I read it as 2 of each for some reason lol

i was like...Wtf..fail

never mind haha

4.10s would be nice for offroading with 32 and 33s and a manual

with an auto..not worth it IMO
Heh, I could be wrong too, I have seen some crazy shit all over Houston. I saw a brand new F250 running 37s and a stock sized replacement on the back right.. all I could do is take a pic and laugh.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #132
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I have two full sets of tires, one with the 265/75 Duratracs, and another full set mounted on different wheels with the 255/85 BFG M/T tires. And I dont mix them for the record. I have to say the Dura-Tracs did well this past weekend on loose rock, in 4-L she just crawled up that shit like it was made for it and then I drove home 65 mph like in a Cadillac. Starting to luv this truck.

But seriously, even a guy who wears 3-legged pans should have figured that one out..... LOL
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #133
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahhh okay. I read it as 2 of each for some reason lol

i was like...Wtf..fail

never mind haha

4.10s would be nice for offroading with 32 and 33s and a manual

with an auto..not worth it IMO
He can just wait until I regear and have my 4.10s
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #135
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #136
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they get some prices out soon, its between these or a supercharger and a glock
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #137
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll give them a shout today and see what's up.

I need these yesterday.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #138
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBEasy View Post
I'll give them a shout today and see what's up.

I need these yesterday.
Chase ever get back with you
Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #139
ECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
ECGS's Tacoma Gallery
Group Buy Pricing

All Items Ship free in the US. Ring and Pinions are Nitro 29 spline version, Install kits are all Koyo or Timken bearings. OFFER EXPIRES 8/30 MUST CALL IN AND SAY IT IS TACOMA WORLD GROUP BUY PRICING.

TACOMA NON ELOCKER GEAR AND MASTER INSTALL KIT
T100-456 $175 RING AND PINION
T100-488 $175 RING AND PINION
T100-MIK $185 MASTER INSTALL KIT INCLUDES BEARINGS, SHIMS, SEALS
RD129 - $840 ARB AIR LOCKER

ELOCKER RING AND PINION AND MASTER INSTALL KIT
TV6-456 - $175 RING AND PINION
TV6-488 - $175 RING AND PINION
TV6-ELOK-MIK - $170 MASTER INSTALL KIT INCLUDES BEARINGS, SHIMS, SEALS

T8CS FRONT Ring and Pinion and Install Kit
T8CS-456RT $210 RING AND PINION
T8CS-488RT $210 RING AND PINION
T8CS-MINI $80 INSTALL KIT MINI SHIMS AND SEALS (NO BEARINGS)
T8CS-MIK $260 MASTER INSTALL KIT INCLUDES BEARINGS, SHIMS, SEALS
RD121- $840 ARB TO FIT THICK GEARS OR 4.10 GEAR RATIO
Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #140
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
All Items Ship free. Ring and Pinions are Nitro 29 spline version, Install kits are all Koyo or Timken bearings. OFFER EXPIRES 8/30 MUST CALL IN AND SAY IT IS TACOMA WORLD GROUP BUY PRICING.

TACOMA NON ELOCKER GEAR AND MASTER INSTALL KIT
T100-456 $175
T100-488 $175
T100-MIK $185
RD129 - $840

ELOCKER RING AND PINION AND MASTER INSTALL KIT
TV6-456 - $175
TV6-488 - $175
TV6-ELOK-MIK - $170

T8CS FRONT Ring and Pinion and Install Kit
T8CS-456RT $210
T8CS-488RT $210
T8CS-MINI $80
T8CS-MIK $260
RD121- $840
Short notice but I can't pass on a deal.