Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Powertank Air Systems GB feeler

Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Powertank Air Systems GB feeler

I'm looking to gauge interest in Powertank Air Systems for the avid off-roaders on TW who don't have a solution to air up yet, or are unsatisfied with their compressor+tank setup. I know the compressors+tanks take a while to fill up 4 tires from 16psi to 32psi, so I started looking at the Powertank Systems. I've worked with these in person, and they are extremely high quality products.

For those that are unfamiliar with them, basically, it's a scuba tank filled with CO2 that you can either leave mounted in the truck or bed, or easily remove and walk around with. They are very portable, and durable.

Powertank offers a wide variety of sizes and packages, but the most common one for 33" tires would be a 10lbs tank. The 10lbs tank kit comes with the following:

-Aluminum powdercoated Powertank 10lbs tank in many colors with sturdy handle
-Tank pressure gauge
-Superflow Pressure regulator
-Super bracket for easy mounting
-Tank boot
-Tank cover
-TIG-8200 Inflator (these things are awesome)
-Tomco Super Coupler for easy coupling of air tools and lines.

The above system goes for $509.95 retail. The 10lbs system is rated for up to 37" tires. With a 33" tire, the 10lbs system can inflate tires from 16psi to 32psi about 20 times before needing a refill.

I will be getting one for myself, because I hate standing around my tire waiting for it to fill up after a long day on the trail. These things are much faster, more efficient, and much more portable in case a friend doesn't have a compressor.

GROUP BUY PRICING GOES AS FOLLOWS:

First 10 kits on order will get GB pricing of $449.95 SHIPPED. That's $60 off retail, and about $40 in shipping saved...so purchasing through the GB will save you $100.

GB will be open until all 10 orders are placed.

At this time, I can only do one part number at a time. The next GB will be for a different part no. depending on the interest and how this one goes.

No need to wait for all 10 orders to be filled, just PM me to order.

PM me with the following information:

First+Last Name
Phone Number
E-mail address (to send invoice)
Shipping Address
Color of choice for tank anodize

Please PM me with any questions. The invoice will be coming from my company at Rebel Off Road.

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I think that would be a great group guy!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested if I could have it set up for Nitrogen
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
very interested in a 20 lb tank setup.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
We can definitely do different size setups for bigger tires, longer tank life, etc.

I may even go for a 15 or 20lbs setup now that I'm running 35's.
35s and air tools can eat up CO2. I also have the possibility of being relocated to somewhere fairly remote for my job, so if that happens, i don't want to have t struggle with finding a place to refill the tank. or at least not as frequently.

FYI people, with the proper regulator or setting on the adjustable regulator, you can also run lockers off of CO2 tanks. you still need the electronics and though if you want to be able to control them on the fly.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
OneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
OneWheelDrive's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in like a dirty shirt
Old 09-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
SUB'D FOR PRICE!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
Az4x4Taco
Az4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer: Retired
Name: George
Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
..I'm looking to gauge interest in Powertank Air Systems for the avid off-roaders on TW who don't have a solution to air up yet, or are unsatisfied with their compressor+tank setup.....
The idea is good, but the price seems through the roof! I have a 20lb CO2 bottle that I bought in the '60s and still use today. Paid $50 for it full, with a high pressure braided hose and tire attachment. Get it filled at my local fire extinguisher service and supply shop for about $30. Used to be $15, but that was then and this is now!

Every 5 years I get it hydro-tested and recertified. It's gone everywhere with me and has always provided way more than I ever needed as far as refilling tires and such. Boats, RV's, trucks, trailers, you name it and it's never let me down. Fill it about once every three years now. Used to fill it once a year when we'd go to the beach in Mexico two or three times a summer.

But like I said to start with, when the hell did a CO2 bottle - a baby one at that - get to the point of costing $500+!!!! ..Whew, dude! ..Glad I've still got old faithful!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4 View Post
The idea is good, but the price seems through the roof! I have a 20lb CO2 bottle that I bought in the '60s and still use today. Paid $50 for it full, with a high pressure braided hose and tire attachment. Get it filled at my local fire extinguisher service and supply shop for about $30. Used to be $15, but that was then and this is now!

Every 5 years I get it hydro-tested and recertified. It's gone everywhere with me and has always provided way more than I ever needed as far as refilling tires and such. Boats, RV's, trucks, trailers, you name it and it's never let me down. Fill it about once every three years now. Used to fill it once a year when we'd go to the beach in Mexico tw ee times a summer.

But like I said to start with, when the hell did a CO2 bottle - a baby one at that - get to the point of costing $500+!!!! ..Whew, dude! ..Glad I've still got old faithful!
He picked out their mid level package system.. you can get their basic system, which is more than good enough for filling tires and running air tools, for around 379, but it doesn't come with some of the accessories like a tire inflator w/ gauge or mounting bracket.

We got a Smittybilt 10lb tank for 249, and bought a bracket for 60 bucks. They don't make bigger than a 10 pounder though.

Still, nothing like 50 bucks!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #14

George, you can still part together your own CO2 kit for under $200. amazon has 20lb tanks for about $100 last time i checked. sure the tanks aren't that different, other than a fancy powdercoat and the nice valve guard/grab handle, but there are other things taken into account. all of the accessories are designed with offroading in mind. Like Jasmine mentioned, it comes with the bracket, which is a top notch product. i've used both powertanks and home brew CO2 setups, and most of the home brews use regulators that are originally designed for welding or kegorator setups. the powertank hardware not only flows at higher CFM, but at the higher flow rates, you don't have the icing problems that you can have with the other regulators that are not designed with such CFM in mind. There are a number of other advantages built into the design and accessories of the power tank, but those are a few of the big ones.

So the extra money we pay for a powertank or similar setup, like the smitty, goes into the extra measure to make the overall system a little more ergonomic and durable in an offroad environment. you just have to be the judge on whether the cost is worth the perks for your individual need.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #15
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for price. Definitely on my 'to buy' list. Just gotta cross some other stuff off first. Can it be filled with nitrogen?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
Az4x4Taco
Az4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer: Retired
Name: George
Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
...George, you can still part together your own CO2 kit for under $200. amazon has 20lb tanks for about $100 last time i checked.....
Here ya go! ..$67 for a 20lb tank freshly hydro tested and certified. Looks just like the one I've had with me everywhere I've gone since the '60s.. May not be as pretty as a high dollar one, but it'll do everything and more for a ton and a half less money!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Recondit...=20lb+co2+tank
Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #17

yep, that's the tank i was thinking of.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
interested to see what the price is for the GB
Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
In!