1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER: Sound deadener truck kits

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by manethon, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Shauncho

Shauncho Embrace your inner Bro-ness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Parts Unknown...
    Vehicle:
    none
    Completely valid points. I agree, it is disconcerting to see that none of the dealers have websites however I've noticed that a lot of audio install shops in my area don't have websites and it seems to be a somewhat common thing for whatever reason that may be. So I wouldn't let that be too much of a deterrent for you. It's very possible that Shok Industries is still working on getting their product out to dealers and the only shops they've managed to get into have very small business presence. However, when I searched for "Shok Sound Deadener" in google, I found a good number of references to people discussing the product on forums so hopefully some of those users have provided good information about it.

BTW, great job on your Tundra work. I'm sure that thing sounded CLEAN! :thumbsup:

2. Nov 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    Goose8651

Goose8651 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab
    Hey Manethon, do you offer any type of wiring for a stereo install? Would be cool if you could buy the deadener and wiring as a complete package. If not, do you offer anything maybe we could do a group buy in the future? If so, I'm in for a wiring kit, that would be awesome. Post up some specs if you do have something. Maybe it could generate some interest for a possible additional group buy? Thanks again.

3. Nov 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    I posted a group buy feeler for big3/ battery relocation lots Etc but strangely no demand. I also posted a feeler for HO alts with mixed demand.
    If some one gets an ho alt but doesn't do a big 3..... ( I shouldn't post what I'd say)

With that said, it shouldn't be hard to take a big 3 kit/ winch kit and toss some speaker wire and RCA's with it and make a package but I'll leave it up to the company to decide if it's going to be worth their time, especially at the prices I'm pushing them to come in at

4. Nov 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    Trim taco

Trim taco Just one more stupid question

Member:
    Bourbon capital of the world
    Vehicle:
    Was: 96 SR5 5MT Is: 19 OR 6MT
    Bunch 'o random stuff
    Forgive my noob question, but I seem to have missed who exactly we contact in order to get in on this GB. Are you handling this yourself OP or do we contact shok industries directly?

5. Nov 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    jsin

jsin Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 prerunner
    There will be another thread on monday for people to try and get in on this buy.

6. Nov 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    Monday at 11am mountain time the GB will open in a new thread
    The first 20 packages will be contacted by me.I will release more information in the OFFICIAL group buy thread regarding payment etc. However, payments will go directly to SHOK INDUSTIES. Do NOT Contact SHOK as you will most likely not reach the proper contact, unless i have specified the SPecific email contact. Please ensure that when you use paypal or any method, your address on paypal to match your shipping address.

Thanks you all

if there are any personal questions feel free to pm me.

THanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  7. Nov 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Shauncho

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Parts Unknown...
    Vehicle:
    none
    I'm response to this, I got a quote from one of their dealers for $149 shipped for a 40sqft pack. This group buy is a decent savings for this product. :thumbsup:

8. Nov 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    From those numbers, hes basically not making any money as a dealer! Thats the cheapest dealer price i have seen or heard of for a pack!

9. Nov 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    keninsb

keninsb "Senior", Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    Trust me, I know sound deadener is pricey (see pics in above post). I just wanted to know what kind of saving we are realizing on Shok Mat, not Shok Mat compared to Dynamat or other sound deadeners. I wouldn't judge a good deal on a new Tacoma versus a new Nissan, they are different makers. My point was simply this: If the Shok Mat normally sells for $120 shipped, and we are getting it for $115, then I may want to wait until I am in a better financial situation. If Shok Mat is normally $200, then damn, better grab it while we can.
    My second thought was that I have never heard of this product. Finding other opinions on it was difficult. With no MSRP on the Shok Mat web site, and no other sites even listing the item for sale, for all I know this could be a scam or something.
    I am not a rookie when it comes to vehicles and mods. I just believe in checking a product out before putting it in my truck, especially for a job as time consuming and tedious as sound deadening.

BTW Maybe it is my laptop, but I could not view the attached videos. When I clicked on it the only thing visible in the YouTube window was link to other videos. I tried watching it on YouTube with the same results.
    I am not bagging on anyone or any product, I don't have enough information to! And THANKS to Manethon for putting this GB together. I have done GBs before and know what a PITA it is to get them organized. You efforts are MUCH appreciated.
    Ken

10. Nov 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Shauncho

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Parts Unknown...
    Vehicle:
    none
    Yes, I understand it was an apples to oranges comparison. That's why I went and contacted one of their dealers that sells Shok Mat regularly and got their standard pricing from them and posted it in the comment that you quoted; so that we now have an apples to apples comparison of regular pricing vs group buy pricing.

11. Nov 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    keninsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    Cool! That is what I was looking for. You should put that on the front page with the pricing so people know what a deal they are getting. Thanks again for your work putting this BG together.
    Ken

12. Nov 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    i thought that the product specs and price shipped would be enough to make it a no brainer.Trust me, there is a reason why they are limiting it to 20 packs. This company conservatively rate all their products vs most companies rate exact or over. This is a conservative 70mill product and super sticky.

stay tuned for monday. i have not received any word regarding a size increase. as mentioned for any canadians pm me and we can work on something if there are enough for canada. shipping is the primary problem

13. Nov 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    BeeeCeee

BeeeCeee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited.
    Auto Lock Rear Tailgate (this should be a must do mod) Snugtop Rebel with Auto Lock and Yakima Rails LRT 3"/1" Leveling Kit 265/70/18 All Terrains Bed Rug Tailgate
    I'm still in for at least 2 if not 3

14. Nov 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    keninsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    Hey guys I just wanted to post some info that was very new to me when I did my Tundra. I learned a LOT from other custom shops and installers about what each type of sound deadener is for. Here are some link to site with great info (not endorsing any products, just the installation tips). For me sound deadening is a big job and is tedious, so I wanted to get the best results I could out of the install without having to take the truck apart again to add to the job.
    http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
    http://store.secondskinaudio.com/how-to-insulate-your-ride/

Thanks,
    Ken

15. Nov 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Mobilemech

Mobilemech Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    TACOMA!!! Washington
    Vehicle:
    '13 SSM PreRunner TRDSport AC

Thanks for that dude! very informative!:thumbsup:

16. Nov 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    keninsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    My pleasure. The Shok Mat does look like really good stuff. I would definitely put some padding over it though for ultimate efficiency, but I am NOT a pro, just wanted to share some info that I learned from other forums.
    Thanks again,
    Ken

17. Nov 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    I'd like to remind people that it's a first come first serve.
    To make it an equal playing field for everyone, you have to post in the official thread that WILL BE CREATED TOMORROW MORNING AT 11 AM and how many you want. I'll track it and cut off at 20. The instructions will be clear
    Please do not pm me to get on the list as that is not fair to everyone Els.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  18. Nov 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    keninsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    I will take two!

19. Nov 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    manethon

manethon [OP] TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    READ UPDATE

20. Dec 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Is this adhesive with a roll on? Or apply heat to adhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top