Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

FEELER: Sound deadener truck kits

Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: Sound deadener kits

UPDATE::
GROUP BUY WILL OPEN NOV 18, 11 AM MOUNTAIN TIME,
IT WILL BE A NEW THREAD! NOT THIS ONE
IN THE NEW THREAD STATE QUANTITY
THIS IS A LIMITED QUANTITY OFFER THUS ONLY THE FIRST 20 PACKAGES will be available at this price.

Hey guys,
After being asked by a couple of people about sound deadener I decided to go digging and found a company I have done business with prior and had great service.
Quick video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85VyLD74ht8

UPDATE::::::::::::::: group buy will open on Monday( 18th nove )
Price: $115shipped per 40sq pack-- conservatively rated at 70mill
: Shipped price lower 48 states, excludes CND/Hawaii, Alaska etc
: THIS IS A TW ONE TIME SPECIAL PRICE ONLY!
: PRICE CANNOT BE USED TO PRICEMATCH!

: There will be a limit of 20 packs at this price, thus first come first serve.
: payment will go direct, I will not touch any money
: product will be shipped upon payment, I always hated waiting for targets and everyone to be in, so instead of running this for 2 weeks we opted a 20 limit instead.

I’m looking to get a group buy going for 40sq foot packs which should cover most of the trucks vulnerable panels.They will be priced at a very affordable price point with shipping included(exclusing cnd,hawaii,alaska) The company is called SHok industries and produce only top notch products with the best customer service in the industry. This is a feeler and the group buy would be open to USA and Canadians ( for Canadians, something will be in the works for shipping etc ) Some restrictions may apply.

I will update the thread with a few pictures shorty.
I have used 4 different brands of deadener in my truck(b-quite, dynamat extreme, fatmatt and Shok matt) and the shok matt is by far the best.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and let’s get a rough estimate who would like some.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Kini is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat Engineer / Diver
Kini's Tacoma Gallery
Sound Deadner

Could you include other Yota's in this feeler GB. I have a FJ cruiser and I'd like to get in on this.

This is a great winter project for guys and gals with a garage.

Aloha, J.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down if I got enough to cover my 13 rolla
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
BeeeCeee is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
BeeeCeee's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in...

I would definitely be interested. I wonder how much would I need to cover a Double Cab?
Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
Intrested. Does this quiet down the road noise as well as making speakers sound cleaner?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Yes to all of the above questions. IT will drastically reduce road noise as well as make those speakers sound much better. This is much more evident when you have a large system or an after market system.
My truck is fully done but i will be pulling off some of the other brands and covering the space with this as it not only does a better job ( 1 layer vs 2-3 of others) but it sticks MUCH better.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeeCeee View Post
I would definitely be interested. I wonder how much would I need to cover a Double Cab?
Depends what you mean cover a double cab.
IF your doing the entire cab like mine you will need quite a bit
( roof, floors, 4 doors, rear panel ). IF you want to reduce road noise mostly, then cover as much as you can helps allots, but if your simply trying to reduce the vibration and some road noise you only have to cover the large panels per say.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
To completely do a double cab right, headliner included, plan on about 100 square feet.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini View Post
Could you include other Yota's in this feeler GB. I have a FJ cruiser and I'd like to get in on this.

This is a great winter project for guys and gals with a garage.

Aloha, J.
Yes, you can use these kits on any truck or car. The amount that you will need will depend on the size of the car/ truck and to what degree your wishing to deaden the ride.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
To completely do a double cab right, headliner included, plan on about 100 square feet.
yeah i was going to ball park about 80-100 square feet
Old 11-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in depending on price. Need to buy some for my upcoming stereo.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in the price
Old 11-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
jsin is on a distinguished road
jsin's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for some depending on the price also. Does this go under the existing panels?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
yes, you apply it to the metal skin.
My doors have it on the outer metal skin on the doors as well as the metal panel behind the plastic door panel.
I plan on making a short video shorty to show the audible difference between rear doors that have no been done and front doors that have been

here is one from a fellow Shok Matt user that did one portion of his tail gate and does a knock test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85VyLD74ht8
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #16
Big Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: Vehicle Maintenance
Name: Justin
Big Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
omalley72 is on a distinguished road
omalley72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Interested in the price
+1 ^^^^
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #18
Mobilemech is on a distinguished road

Name: Zack
Mobilemech's Tacoma Gallery
subd. getting ready to do a stereo install so perfect timing
Old 11-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #19
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Interested depending on price and timing.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #20
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Army: MSC
Name: Ryan
surfryhder's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in....