Notices

OFFICIAL GB: SHOK INDUSTRIES SOUND DEADENING MATT

Old 11-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
BeeeCeee is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
BeeeCeee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manethon View Post
Would you guys mind taking lots of pictures for us on the install?
Will do. Thanks, for the GB, Manethon!

BTW, Look what already came in the mail?!?! Fast shipping too!!! Thanks again!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
pebblin is a jewel in the roughpebblin is a jewel in the roughpebblin is a jewel in the roughpebblin is a jewel in the rough
pebblin's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine, too! Won't be doing the install myself, though, so probably won't have pics to share. :/
Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
no kidding that was fast!
glad ur happy!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Got my deadener today as well, but USPS destroyed the package. Somehow the box was completely damp (no rain scheduled until later on this evening). I sent an email to the guys at Shokmat asking a couple questions on if the product is ruined. Fingers crossed everything is ok. Thanks a lot USPS.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #25
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear,
I'm sure they will respond shortly to your email.
I wouldn't want to comment and say it should be okay and it not be, but
I do think you will be okay. I had a roll that I forgot in my truck bed and was covered in snow/ rain for couple weeks until the snow melted and I realized what happened. Stuff still worked the same.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
I think the stuff should be ok. Just feel better if I hear it come from them I guess. I haven't taken the mat out of the package yet. Did not want to touch anything until I received a response. Nothing you can do in these situations. Can't blame the manufacturer, but a third party, which is out of everyone's control.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #27
Just received a response from Shock Mats and it sounds like I should be ok. The owner told me a couple things to check out, but he is confident that the product is not affected.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
fishtacoz88 is on a distinguished road
Name: P
fishtacoz88's Tacoma Gallery
YES please someone do a tutorial with generous pictures as I don't know where to start in ripping my interior. Sounds frightening to be quite honest.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #29
Lucy Ford
ONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
ONEBAR's Tacoma Gallery
Still open? Ill take 1
Old 11-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine today via USPS Priority Flat Rate. Smart on the part of Shok Industries shipping via flat rate, way to stick it to the man!!! Russel from SI sent me an email with a tracking number right away and seems like they have great customer service.
I checked out the Shok Mat and was kind of surprised at the materials. Dynamat is made of a black Butyl Rubber with a silver foil type material over it. The Shok Mat has a white rubber on it (I think it is Butyl rubber?) with a gold foil over it. I have some remnants of the Dynamat so I kind of compared the two just for kicks.
First thing I noticed was that the gold foil on the Shok Mat is MUCH thicker than the silver foil on the Dynamat, that has to be good. I looked at the Butyle rubber and just eyeballing/feeling it I can't tell a big difference in thickness. Maybe the color is throwing me off or something, but anyway the rubber seems very close in thickness.
It looks like you guys were right, I think that it is a really quality product and I am dreading the install but looking forward to the results!
Thanks again to Manethon.
Ken
Old 11-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEBAR View Post
Still open? Ill take 1
pm'd
Old 11-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Lucy Ford
ONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to beholdONEBAR is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
ONEBAR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manethon View Post
pm'd

Payment sent!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
MilesToEmpty is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
MilesToEmpty's Tacoma Gallery
Russel sent me an email a few days ago, got box 1 of 2 yesterday.

Sent them a message to make sure I do get my second box, but Im impressed by the turn around!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
Did you get his response?
Pm if you don't have it by Monday
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #37
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Army: MSC
Name: Ryan
surfryhder's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like one. Is it to late? Will you ship to an APO?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfryhder View Post
I'd like one. Is it to late? Will you ship to an APO?
replied,
Thanks all.
please remember to take pics and email them or post them in the thread! the more pictures the better! Glad you guys like the product, as i said, i plan to only bring you guys the best unless its a dollar per value type of product price.

This deadener is by far the best on the market though.
there are many more products to be made available in the near future so stay tuned!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Still open ? I'm in for 1
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #40
thanks guys,
Gb is now closed!
I tried to get a few additional sneaked in with it but they have reached their limit at this price.

Thanks again,
Also, please take some pictures and send them to me or pm me a link with build pics

thanks