Notices

Slim's HID Xenon Group Buy! Ends 2/15/14

Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #22
michigander is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
michigander's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent !
Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #23
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakivnsf View Post
pm sent, im in on this one. These group buys are gonna bankrupt me, but these deals are so hard to pass up!
Haha I can relate to you with that! Group buys are my weakness lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigander View Post
PM sent !
Got it and invoice sent out!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #24
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Slim! I bought kits from you in the past. Wondering if you're still in the San Diego area so we can meet up and avoid the shipping charges. PM me if that's something you can do.
I'd want one (1) kit of the H10 (Fogs).. Still debating on color temp.

I like the blue color to the lights (I'm currently running 8K) but I want to get more visible light yet retain a slight bluish color. Torn between 4300K and 6000K. You definitely don't get 5000K or anything like that? Let me know
Old 01-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Hey Slim! I bought kits from you in the past. Wondering if you're still in the San Diego area so we can meet up and avoid the shipping charges. PM me if that's something you can do.
I'd want one (1) kit of the H10 (Fogs).. Still debating on color temp.

I like the blue color to the lights (I'm currently running 8K) but I want to get more visible light yet retain a slight bluish color. Torn between 4300K and 6000K. You definitely don't get 5000K or anything like that? Let me know
I would recommend the 6000K temp! This will stay blue if you go 4300K you'll lose the blue. I also don't sell 5000K temps.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #26
JenOfTheNorth is on a distinguished road
Name: Jen
JenOfTheNorth's Tacoma Gallery
What is the difference between these kits, and the philips kits that I have seen online? Also, being in Canada, where it snows... a lot.... is it a good idea to put hid's in my foglights, or would a simple solution be to change the bulbs over to piaa's or something like that?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenOfTheNorth View Post
What is the difference between these kits, and the philips kits that I have seen online? Also, being in Canada, where it snows... a lot.... is it a good idea to put hid's in my foglights, or would a simple solution be to change the bulbs over to piaa's or something like that?

Thanks.
I can only comment on my kits I have never compared to others. I would recommend a 3000K or 4300K for the fogs being in the snow.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
Wattage and Fogs

What difference does the 55W kit make, and is it necessary for running 10,000k bixenons?

Also wondering about peoples experiences with the foglights as hids. In my previous truck I had 11000k hid bixenons and loved them, but had regular piaa bulbs as fogs, and they seemed to work well. Is it worth the additional cost and time of install?

Thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #30

Quote:
What difference does the 55W kit make, and is it necessary for running 10,000k bixenons?

Also wondering about peoples experiences with the foglights as hids. In my previous truck I had 11000k hid bixenons and loved them, but had regular piaa bulbs as fogs, and they seemed to work well. Is it worth the additional cost and time of install?

Thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.
The 55w is going to be brighter and I recommend it for off-road use only or if you drive a lot of back roads where you won't blind oncoming traffic. The 35w is plenty bright and will keep you safe driving on normal roads. What color are you trying to get from your lights? The higher you go the bluer then purple they get and you also lose brightness. Let me know a little more what you like and want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
Just paid my invoice, Slim.
Payment received! Thanks!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
PM sent.
Got it and replied.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #33
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Where are good mounting spots for the ballasts?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #34
Don't get eliminated!
Papa Smurf is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
Papa Smurf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRunner05 View Post
CableTec's DIY thread in the first post shows one potential mounting setup. I've seen several different mounting methods but they all seem to be in about the same place as what's shown in that DIY thread.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRunner05 View Post
The two bumper brackets worked well for me. Anyone else have good spots besides this? I was able to mount both fog and headlight ballasts on there.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #36

Have a safe weekend guys! Don't drink too much during the Super Bowl!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:18 PM   #37
Brightness

I do a lot of highway driving at night - not so much worried about blinding people as I am about seeing moose, elk, deer, and the other critters that like to run across our Canadian roads. I found with my 9000k bixenon bulbs that I was able to see further down the road than with the 11k ones (these were on previous trucks). I get flashed already with the junk stock bulbs in my truck... I suppose driving in winter warrants lights that aren't as 'blue'. Before I just told the dealership I wanted hid's installed, so they took care of it for me. Didn't have much input into what went in.

If anyone knows of a good install shop in Calgary, I would appreciate the name of it too. I'd do the install myself, but it's winter, and I don't have a garage.

Is there any difference in the 35w vs 55w for the lifespan of the bulbs?

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:43 PM   #38

Quote:
I do a lot of highway driving at night - not so much worried about blinding people as I am about seeing moose, elk, deer, and the other critters that like to run across our Canadian roads. I found with my 9000k bixenon bulbs that I was able to see further down the road than with the 11k ones (these were on previous trucks). I get flashed already with the junk stock bulbs in my truck... I suppose driving in winter warrants lights that aren't as 'blue'. Before I just told the dealership I wanted hid's installed, so they took care of it for me. Didn't have much input into what went in.

If anyone knows of a good install shop in Calgary, I would appreciate the name of it too. I'd do the install myself, but it's winter, and I don't have a garage.

Is there any difference in the 35w vs 55w for the lifespan of the bulbs?

Thanks for all the replies!
I would recommend going 6000k or 8000k for the 55W blue color. These will be the brightest temps. The lifespan on the ballasts and bulbs are the same.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #39

We have reached the 10+ mark to have a raffle for ONE kit.. If we reach 20+ I will raffle of TWO kits! So for those that paid for headlights and fog lights if you win I will refund your fog light purchase.

Get some!!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #40
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
Will 4300K be the brightest option out of what's offered without any blue tint?