Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Slim's HID Xenon Group Buy! Ends 2/15/14

Old 02-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #41
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Will 4300K be the brightest option out of what's offered without any blue tint?
That is correct! PM replied and paypal invoice sent.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #42
gbpanther41 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
gbpanther41's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new to all this and have no idea about any of it. I am going from a 13 extended cab Ford FX4 to a Toyota Tacoma Doulbe Cab sport. I am wanting to get in on this but have no idea which ones I will need. The Tacoma is supposed to be here between the 10-16. One thing I am going to miss from my Ford is the HID headlamps. That is what this "Group Buy" is for correct? Which ones will I need and what is the price and how mechanical do you have to be to change them out?
Old 02-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #43
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpanther41 View Post
I'm new to all this and have no idea about any of it. I am going from a 13 extended cab Ford FX4 to a Toyota Tacoma Doulbe Cab sport. I am wanting to get in on this but have no idea which ones I will need. The Tacoma is supposed to be here between the 10-16. One thing I am going to miss from my Ford is the HID headlamps. That is what this "Group Buy" is for correct? Which ones will I need and what is the price and how mechanical do you have to be to change them out?
What engine did you have in that Ford? This group buy is what you want to get in on to convert from halogen bulbs to HID's. The kit is as easy as replacing bulbs and plugging in connectors. There is a very detailed write up on the first post to help walk you through install. It sounds like you're getting a brand new Tacoma so you'll want the H4 Bixenon slim 35w kit for the headlights and H11 single beam slim 35w for the fogs if you want to do them. Heads are $124.95 plus shipping and fogs are $104.95 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #44
AKTacoParty is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
AKTacoParty's Tacoma Gallery
I drive in darkness majority of the year, so I use my high beams a lot. Obviously when another car comes along I switch back to low beams. Since HIDs dont like to be switched on and off. Would that be the same thing as switching in between high and low beam? I probably wouldnt need the highs since the HIDs are so much brighter but just out of curiosity. Thanks
Old 02-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoParty View Post
I drive in darkness majority of the year, so I use my high beams a lot. Obviously when another car comes along I switch back to low beams. Since HIDs dont like to be switched on and off. Would that be the same thing as switching in between high and low beam? I probably wouldnt need the highs since the HIDs are so much brighter but just out of curiosity. Thanks
Not sure where you read that they don't like being switched from low to high but that isn't an issue. You probably can use just the low beams as they will be much brighter than your stock halogens but if you need to switch to high then feel free to do it as much as needed. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #46
Luke31415 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Lucas
Luke31415's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #47

Looks like we reached 20 orders! Now there will be TWO kits raffled off!!

Each 10 orders will be another kit raffled. Heck if we reach 500 orders that would be 50 kits!!!!!! haha
Old 02-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #48
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Ah Hell, Now I need these too. Just got my rock sliders installed 2 days ago, still broke from that but got some OT coming around the corner, thank god for Credit cards.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
Ah Hell, Now I need these too. Just got my rock sliders installed 2 days ago, still broke from that but got some OT coming around the corner, thank god for Credit cards.
Lol you sound like me! Mods are my nemesis..
Old 02-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #50
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Looks like we reached 20 orders! Now there will be TWO kits raffled off!!

Each 10 orders will be another kit raffled. Heck if we reach 500 orders that would be 50 kits!!!!!! haha
Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #51
Dookiemonster26 is on a distinguished road

Dookiemonster26's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a difference in the slim ballast and the regular ballast besides the size?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookiemonster26 View Post
Is there a difference in the slim ballast and the regular ballast besides the size?
Both ballasts are excellent quality but the slim ballast are newer technology and have a longer lifespan.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #53
Dookiemonster26 is on a distinguished road

Dookiemonster26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Both ballasts are excellent quality but the slim ballast are newer technology and have a longer lifespan.
Awesome!! Pm'D
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookiemonster26 View Post
Awesome!! Pm'D
Got it!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
BobtheBuilder is on a distinguished road
BobtheBuilder's Tacoma Gallery
PM Sent! Can't wait to get them! I have heard a lot of great reviews on your kit so decided to join the party.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobtheBuilder View Post
PM Sent! Can't wait to get them! I have heard a lot of great reviews on your kit so decided to join the party.
Got it! PM replied and order received.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #57

Happy Friday everyone!! Have a safe weekend! Make it even safer with better vision at night with an HID kit.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #58
Limited13 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Limited13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Slim,
I need my fog lights now! I have a 2013 so I think I need the Slim Digital Ballast H11 for my fogs. Please confirm and send invoice!.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited13 View Post
Hey Slim,
I need my fog lights now! I have a 2013 so I think I need the Slim Digital Ballast H11 for my fogs. Please confirm and send invoice!.

Thanks!!!
That is the correct setup! Just PM me your full name, mailing address, paypal email address and what temperature you want and I'll send out an invoice.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #60
claw1981 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
claw1981's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent!
Cant wait to finally see again! First mod to my new tacoma!