Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy Feeler: Fire extinguisher for our Tacomas

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #22
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
I am no expert on halotron, any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #23
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a 10lb dry chemical extinguisher in the bed. The mount is a powertank mount designed for a 5lb CO2 tank. The 5lb CO2 tank and the 10lb extinguisher are the same dimensions.

Link to pics in my build thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #24
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in two of the 2.5LB Halotrons if we can get a good price. Or a 5LB that I'll mount up in the bed.

I've used plenty of ABC dry chemical extinguishers, and they make a hellova mess.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #25
NateMob is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Metals Tech
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in a Halotron.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #26
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Interested as well..I will let yall decide what is best for us to get as I am no expert.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #28
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Paramedic, Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
I already carry an extinguisher, and definitely encourage others to do the same. I have to ask, being a firefighter, this is the first time I've heard of Halotron (it has been a little while since I went through school). And doing some very quick research, the Halotron seems much more expensive, and I did not see where it could be refilled (someone confirm this, maybe?) But it does appear to be a superior extinguisher. I must research this more.

Did a quick search and located an article for y'alls reading pleasure.
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...guisher_facts/

Enjoy
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #29
NateMob is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Metals Tech
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
It can't be refilled but it doesn't leave a shitty mess all over either. It makes an engine fire a lot easier to clean up and deal with after the flames are out.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #30
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
For a 2012 double Cab+ I know this one fits nicely behind the backseat on the drivers side (after you remove the wall mount bracket)

It is a 5lb ABC that is rechargeable. & has a hose I got mine for about $25 a few years ago. You cant beat this deal.

http://costcocouple.com/first-alert-...-extinguisher/

They also have this smaller double pack.
http://costcocouple.com/first-alert-...uisher-2-pack/
That 5lb ABC from Costco looks pretty nice compared to the Amerex. Doubt you would get any group buy from them. Checked it on the First Alert site and they have it listed at 64.99, so if you have a Costco membership, might be the best way to get it.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #31
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A forum discussion on the topic of best extinguisher.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/a.../t-163400.html
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #32

One more. Hope I'm not annoying y'all, but in my search for knowledge, I figured I'd pass along some of my finds..

Take notice of the first paragraph under the very first graphic.

http://www.sprouse-fire-safety.com/i...php&safetyid=2
Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #33
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Ok guys, here a halotron from this extinguisher company. normal price for a 2.5 lb is $125 bucks.

Anybody know of other suppliers?

https://fireextinguisherdepot.com/fi...ting-2b-c.html
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #34
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
Ok guys, here a halotron from this extinguisher company. normal price for a 2.5 lb is $125 bucks.

Anybody know of other suppliers?

https://fireextinguisherdepot.com/fi...ting-2b-c.html
Amazon has the 2.5LB for $99

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...merex%20B385TS
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #35

I kinda was anticipating a bit more interest in this O_o
Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
I kinda was anticipating a bit more interest in this O_o
Give it some time? Might not be too many people worried about torching their trucks. Dunno.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #37
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Id be in for 2 or more of those if we can get a bunch of people in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4444 View Post
I vote Halotron. Because it's so much cleaner than dry chemical. We'll easier to clean up afterwards.

http://www.halotron.com/halotron1.php

https://fireextinguisherdepot.com/fi...uishers-1.html

Maybe the 2.5 lb bottle. Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:25 AM   #38
jpfunk21 is on a distinguished road
jpfunk21's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd interested
Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #39
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in
Old 01-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #40
02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future

02Duck's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested depending on price and type.
I know there are better ones that don't mess up the vehicle as much, unfortunately don't know which those are.

Products Discussed in this Thread