Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy Feeler: Fire extinguisher for our Tacomas

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #81
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzyoboipaul View Post
I went this weekend and got me this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/First-Ale...00-2/202788918

fits just right in the driver side door panel cup holder pocket looking thing

not sure if it will help in case of fire but I guess its better than nothing
Gas, oil, plastic, heated engine, corrosives...

I think those are the equivalent of trying to put out a campfire with a dixie cup.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #82
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
Ramon,

Thank you for your interest! We would be happy to work with you on this.*

Regular price on our 2.5 lb Halotron is $136.90 after shipping. Here are your prices, based on units ordered: (All below prices include shipping)

1-10 units: $110 each

10-20 units: $105 each

20-30 units: $99 each

30-40 units: $97 each

40-50 units: $95 each

50+ units: $93 each

Regular price on our 5 lb Halotron is $187.94 after shipping. Here are your prices, based on units ordered: (All below prices include shipping)

1-10 units: $170 each

10-20 units: $166 each

20-30 units: $163 each

30-40 units: $160 each

40-50 units: $155 each

50+ units: $153 each

I will base the quantity discount off of the total between both extinguishers (2.5 and 5 lb units). So if you bought five of the 2.5 lb and six of the 5 lb, you would be in the 10-20 unit price range for both. All units are brand new, from the manufacturer and come with a vehicle mount included.*

I'd like to provide a 4 day window for the group buy. At the end of that window, the quantity discount would be determined and I would provide you with a special link and coupon code to buy the product at the agreed price level.*

Please let me know how this works for you!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
If Amazon has the 2.5 halitron for 99 bucks, these guys aren't cutting us much of a deal unless we get 50 ordered, and there's not enough interest to get that done in 4 days.
Okay guys, I emailed them back and this is the response I received in regard of the quoted posts.

Ramon,

You are getting a better discount because each extinguisher is shipping to a different address, as opposed to a bulk order that would be shipping to just one address. Because of this, our shipping cost is ultimately higher with this offer that we are offering you. We cannot discount any further because of this unfortunately.

When I go to the link you provided, the cost is $107 plus almost $40 in shipping.

Please let me know if you want to go ahead with the offer provided so that I can set it up for you.

Thank you!

Danette

---------------

It looks like the reason amazon has it so cheap is because they were purchased in a huge bulk and all shipped to ONE address (sellers address) as opposed to having to ship all of our extinguishers separately.

The prices shown in the previous email is the best they can do.

I can still ask for a standard dry chemical extinguisher quote.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #83
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

any ideas guys? should we press on?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #84
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
any ideas guys? should we press on?
even at 1-10 prices look slightly better than buying from amazon.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #85
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
even at 1-10 prices look slightly better than buying from amazon.
amazon ships for free over a certain purchase amount (dunno what it is) but if I'm in the price plus shipping has to beat $99. I'm buying two anyway (in cab and in bed), so $198 is the price to beat.

There's a supplier out there sitting on a ton of these and probably wants them gone, the problem is how do we locate this supplier...
Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #86
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
If I didn't already have a good hookup in the fire extinguisher industry, I'd be all over this. Just got two 10s & two 5s for $60 total
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
If I didn't already have a good hookup in the fire extinguisher industry, I'd be all over this. Just got two 10s & two 5s for $60 total
Can this hookup be discussed in public?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #88
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Can this hookup be discussed in public?
Heck if I know. They are older extiguishers that have to be replaced due to age. Still in 100% working order, just a little scuffed up. They get destroyed if no one wants them
Old 02-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #89

Quote:
Heck if I know. They are older extiguishers that have to be replaced due to age. Still in 100% working order, just a little scuffed up. They get destroyed if no one wants them
Ummmmmmm... Dude...........

That is an excellent source for fire extinguishers! I don't give a shit if it meets some silly code, I care that it holds a charge and then discharges it's contents when I squeeze the handle.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #90

Quote:

That is an excellent source for fire extinguishers! I don't give a shit if it meets some silly code, I care that it holds a charge and then discharges it's contents when I squeeze the handle.
That's kinda what I figured. My buddy/boss bought 6 for his shop at home. We're welders, so plenty of fire extinguishers are always nice.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #91

Quote:
That's kinda what I figured. My buddy/boss bought 6 for his shop at home. We're welders, so plenty of fire extinguishers are always nice.
You have my attention...
Old 02-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #92
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
http://houston.craigslist.org/for/4308695490.html

Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post

ARe these yours, or was it a craigstlist find?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #94

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
You have my attention...

Could we contact your supplier? we should see what they have for us
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #95
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would buy them all if it wasn't 80 miles away lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Fucking way close to my house
We should buy these
Old 02-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #98

Next time I see the guy, I'll see how many he's got. Probably gonna be a few weeks. What sizes should I check on?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #99
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just picked them up.

Who needs a CO2 $30
Old 02-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
Just picked them up.

Who needs a CO2 $30

Products Discussed in this Thread