Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

TRED Recovery Ramp Group Buy!

Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
LikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
LikeABoss4x4's Tacoma Gallery
TRED Recovery Ramp Group Buy!

I've got a deal going with TJM to get 10+ sets of the TRED recovery ramps at an added discount! Pricing is as follows:

TRED 1100 (42"L) - $151.20/pair with FREE SHIPPING

TRED 800 (31"L) - $143.20/pair with FREE SHIPPING

(Pricing updated 2/11/14 due to getting a better deal with TJM!)

That is an added 10% discount over my 10% off TW member discount, PLUS FREE SHIPPING(lower 48 United States only). Others may list for a similar price but shipping isn't free and usually runs $15-$22/set.

Color options are shown below, but are subject to availability. For more info or to order online click this link: http://www.boss4x4.com/category-s/2209.htm
Use coupon code: TRED15

Once I get at least 10 orders, I will start shipping them out. I will update this thread with a list of names once the orders are placed for a count. ENDS 2/28/14.

TRED is the ultimate all-in-one off road recovery device, specially designed to get your four-wheel drive, ATV and equipment out of trouble when traction is lost in sand, mud, sludge, slime or snow.

Engineered and manufactured in Australia from only the highest quality materials, TREDs are designed to handle intense levels of torque, flex, weight and impact. Intense reviews of every fine detail in the design process make TRED the best choice for your recovery. With a designated shovel feature, extreme hex grip nodules, aggressive ramp entry teeth and ultimate wear resistant properties, TRED will allow you to explore with confidence, without letting traction disrupt your journey.

TRED is available in two sizes to ensure storage and accessibility is never an issue. Driving as a single vehicle/operator with TRED ensures you can get unstuck even on solo adventures. TRED are an essential piece of equipment for your off road recovery kit. From full scale recovery for the serious off roader to recreational family trips, or even commercial applications including mining and industrial, TRED is being tested with impressive results across all usage types.

REDs offer unprecedented ease of use and traction features and benefits at an affordable price. You can perform a solo recovery in no time at all and, more importantly, TREDs are the safest option available when compared to using straps, winches, or primitive recovery methods such as trying to stuff tree branches and timber under your tires in the hope that traction will be found.

A set of TREDs on board can save you all important time and money and also eliminate safety risks.

LIST:

1. Brian M. (Fifthwind) - 800 Green (8G) PAID/SHIPPED
2. Maurice R. (MY50cal) - 800 Desert Sand (8D) PAID/SHIPPED
3. Fabio V. (V5ioV) - 800 Military Green (8M) PAID/SHIPPED
4. Darrin H. - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
5. Gilbert N. (Gil71) - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
6. Shawn R. (Sprat) - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
7. & 8. Thomas C. (BlindingWhiteTac) - 1100 Yellow (11Y) PAID/SHIPPED
9. Jim W. - 800 Green (8G) PAID/SHIPPED
10. Steve N. (Woodnick) - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
11. Marcus S. (BeefSupremeTaco) - 1100 Gun Metal Gray (11GG) PAID/SHIPPED
12. & 13. Vatacoexp - 1100 Gun Metal Gray (11GG) PAID/SHIPPED
14. Marco C. (marcoc) - 1100 Gun Metal Gray (11GG) PAID/SHIPPED
15. Jason W. - 1100 Gun Metal Gray (11GG) PAID/SHIPPED
16. John B. - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
17. & 18. Garth B. (Bee22971) - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
19. & 20. Eric H. - 800 Black (8BK) PAID/SHIPPED
21. Ian L. - 1100 Black (11BK) PAID/SHIPPED
22. & 23. Craig G. - 1100 Gun Metal Gray (11GG) - PAID/SHIPPED
24. & 25. Jeffrey Hill (poolman) - 1100 Green (1100G) - PAID/SHIPPED
Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in. I'm flexible on size and color in order to help get the group buy achieved. Preference in color would be green, pink, yellow as they would contrast Taco colors and the chemistry for black can be tricky. As for size I think the smaller ones would also fit into the trunk of my Subaru, but that's not a deal breaker.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
LikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
Count me in. I'm flexible on size and color in order to help get the group buy achieved. Preference in color would be green, pink, yellow as they would contrast Taco colors and the chemistry for black can be tricky. As for size I think the smaller ones would also fit into the trunk of my Subaru, but that's not a deal breaker.
Sounds good. Last I checked, green is available in both sizes, and yellow and pink only in the larger version, with pink running low. So, I will tentatively put you down for small green. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of them before. No specs on the item that I can find though. I would like to know what kind of weight they could handle, and maybe see a video in action before I buy. I have seen some like these that were poor quality and broke too easily. Any info?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Never heard of them before. No specs on the item that I can find though. I would like to know what kind of weight they could handle, and maybe see a video in action before I buy. I have seen some like these that were poor quality and broke too easily. Any info?
Thanks for your interest, here is some more info and they do come with a warranty as well:

Here is a link to a video I found on YouTube, nothing hardcore, but you'll get the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplx8cSFvm0
Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #6

Another video

Here is another YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q597ICxJ-pY
Old 01-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I'll check them out too and if the quality is good, I'll jump on.. I know that the Smittybuilt ones are not that great.. Maxtrax is awesome, but $$$$$...
Old 01-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #9
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
That is what I was looking at. MaxTrax shows using them to cross about an 18 inch gap and how each stack changed deflection. I find a ton of traction videos on these TRED units, and they do have a good price. I am curious how they would hold up if used to breach an 18 inch wide gap.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is what I was looking at. MaxTrax shows using them to cross about an 18 inch gap and how each stack changed deflection. I find a ton of traction videos on these TRED units, and they do have a good price. I am curious how they would hold up if used to breach an 18 inch wide gap.
I would just be using them for traction (sand mostly). Hear that the smittybuilt ones have snapped or that the lugs have broken off.. Just don't want that mess..

Shipping quote for 96707
Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
happy with the set i got over the summer. no action shots, but they work well and have held up well so far. used them 5-6 times probably. the key to their use is preparation. much like a laying a quality weld, without the proper preparation, you don't get very far. spend the time to dig (if needed), get them properly lined up, and adequately braced/supported (if needed), and it's a great solo extraction aid. the thing to remember, is that while they may work for smaller spans, these are NOT bridging ladders. they are traction ramps.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #12
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #13
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
In.

one set of 800's in preferred oder; gunmetal, tan, blue or red
Old 01-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Shipping quote for 96707
It is $44.15 for 31" or $47.65 for 42" via USPS Priority Mail (3 day), but I will discount it by $10 since others get free shipping, so $34.15-$37.65.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
In.

one set of 800's in preferred oder; gunmetal, tan, blue or red
Thanks! I'm checking availability on the colors, and I'll put you down for what I can get according to your listed preferences.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #16
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
You can get them for $150 a pair here FYI. See if you can get TJM to knock it down some more...

Matt
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
You can get them for $150 a pair here FYI. See if you can get TJM to knock it down some more...

Matt
I saw that, but remember with free shipping, averaging about $20/set, this is a better deal.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #18

Update

Let me know if anyone else wants to get on this group buy, so I can update the list. Below are the color options that are currently available in the 2 sizes:

TRED 1100 (42")
Plenty of: Green, Black, Yellow, Blue, Desert Sand, & Gun Metal Gray
Low quantities of: Military Green, Red, & Pink

TRED 800 (31")
Plenty of: Green & Black
Low quantities of: Desert Sand, Military Green, & Yellow
Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #20
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They aren't for bridging and/or heavier trucks. There are a couple of reviews of them on expeditionportal.com.