LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 5!! Ends 4/5/09

Old 04-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #221
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I double zip tied them too the brackets.
X2 they havent moved at all...
Old 04-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #222
JSU is on a distinguished road
JSU's Tacoma Gallery
heads & fogs done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I just installed mine a few hours ago, it only took a little over an hour to do both headlights and foglights. I cant wait til tonight im gonna see just how bright they are
I just finished installing both the fogs (50 watt) and bi-xenon heads. It took me at least 6 hours start to finish. A few issues I had:

No way would the fog bulbs go into the lens housings. It took me about two hours just to get them mounted. I eventually removed both fog housings from the bumper so I could work at my bench rather than on my back with no direct line of sight. My eyes see much better than my fingers. What finally worked was removing the o-ring from the replacement xenon bulbs and using the original o-rings from the factory bulbs. Bingo, in like flint.

The ring terminal on the positive lead was too small to fit the top bolt of the positive battery connect. And the positive lead length (with the inline fuse) was a few inches too short to pass behind the battery. I could have routed it over the battery but that would have been an issue at battery changing time and would have looked like it was done in a rush by an amateur. I clipped the hot lead just beyond the fuse and replaced it with a longer piece of wire with a larger ring terminal.

I went to my collection of misc bolts, nuts, washers and screws and found enough bolts to mount the ballasts via the threaded holes in the ballasts to the front bulkhead the headlights are mounted in.

I'm convinced by where Toyota positioned the windshield washer reservoir that they never really meant for the right side headlight bulb to be changed. Yes, I've got large hands but I had to unbolt the reservoir to get the original bulb out and the bi-xenon bulb back in.

I like the positioning of the ballasts up high and behind the bulkhead, there they will stay dry and easily dissipate heat. They are also out of the way. There are grounding straps already in the front of the inner fenders, I attached the ground leads for the lights to them, seems like it was intended that way.

Everything is done. The 50 watt 4300 K fogs are much brighter and whiter. I tested them last night on the driveway and they overpowered the original low beams, at least in the first 100 feet. The bi-xenon 6000K standard wattage heads are much brighter, and even seem better focussed, in the stock reflectors.

A definite improvement over the factory lights!

Nothing left to do but isolate the switching for the fogs, I'll do that in the next day or so.

Thanks for this group buy, I'm happy.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #223
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSU View Post
I just finished installing both the fogs (50 watt) and bi-xenon heads. It took me at least 6 hours start to finish. A few issues I had:

No way would the fog bulbs go into the lens housings. It took me about two hours just to get them mounted. I eventually removed both fog housings from the bumper so I could work at my bench rather than on my back with no direct line of sight. My eyes see much better than my fingers. What finally worked was removing the o-ring from the replacement xenon bulbs and using the original o-rings from the factory bulbs. Bingo, in like flint.

The ring terminal on the positive lead was too small to fit the top bolt of the positive battery connect. And the positive lead length (with the inline fuse) was a few inches too short to pass behind the battery. I could have routed it over the battery but that would have been an issue at battery changing time and would have looked like it was done in a rush by an amateur. I clipped the hot lead just beyond the fuse and replaced the went with a longer piece of wire with a larger ring terminal.

I went to my collection of misc bolts, nuts, washers and screws and found enough bolts to mount the ballasts via the threaded holes in the ballasts to the front bulkhead the headlights are mounted in.

I'm convinced by where Toyota positioned the windshield washer reservoir that they never really meant for the right side headlight bulb to be changed. Yes, I've got large hands but I had to unbolt the reservoir to get the original bulb out and the bi-xenon bulb back in.

I like the positioning of the ballasts up high and behind the bulkhead, there they will stay dry and easily dissipate heat. They are also out of the way. There are grounding straps already in the front of the inner fenders, I attached the ground leads for the lights to them, seams like it was intended that way.

Everything is done. The 50 watt 4300 K fogs much brighter and whiter. I tested them last night on the drive way and they overpowered the original low beams, at least in the first 100 feet. The bi-xenon 6000K standard wattage heads are much brighter, and seem better focussed, in the stock reflectors.

A definite improvement over the factory lights!

Nothing left to do but isolate the switching for the fogs, I'll do that in the day or so.

Thanks for this group buy, I'm happy.
Wow im glad my fogs werent that hard to do, it only took like 10 minutes per fog light, and as far as for everything else installation was easy everything fit just right and had enough wire length to run everything and keep it clean and out of the way.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #224
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery
I'm In

Slimchubby,

I know it may be a while now before you do another group buy, but just to let you know I am in the next go around. I had some other additions to do first(Bedrug & Tonneau Cover), now I am ready.

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #225
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my fogs last week and did my headlights today. Everything was easy as pie to install.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #226
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to say that I am happy you all are amped on your new lights!! If you guys have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #227
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
ready for another gb yet?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #228
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just wanted to say that I am happy you all are amped on your new lights!! If you guys have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Haha, he said "amped" No pun intended I am sure.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #229
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Haha, he said "amped" No pun intended I am sure.
Lol I must be slow... I don't get it
Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
ready for another gb yet?
Soon my friend
Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #231
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know where I can get some of these like online or somewhere legit ? I wish I could have been in on this group buy but been broke as a joke lately, or is it possible to get them through you slimcubby?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
anyone know where I can get some of these like online or somewhere legit ? I wish I could have been in on this group buy but been broke as a joke lately, or is it possible to get them through you slimcubby?
If you wait a couple days I will be starting another group buy
Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #233
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Paul, how much are just the bulbs, bi-xenon?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Paul, how much are just the bulbs, bi-xenon?
$45 Plus shipping during Group Buys.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #235
VolFan57 is on a distinguished road

VolFan57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you wait a couple days I will be starting another group buy

I'm in for the next group buy. I've wanted some HID's for some time now, but didn't know what Brand was good or not. If these are a solid product, then count me in. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #236
mugenrios2k is on a distinguished road
mugenrios2k's Tacoma Gallery
linking for the next group buy.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #238

For those who are subscribed... The time has come!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...5-30-09-a.html