LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 5!! Ends 4/5/09

Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Thanks! What exactly does the ballast refer to. Ok no more sugarcoating. WTF is a ballast
The ballast is what powers the bulb. The slim ballasts are smaller making them more convenient to mount in tight locations than the larger ballasts.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #24
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
if I have a 96 Taco...what will work with my truck??
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #26
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If i order, will the package be sent to my billing address or can i chose a different address to send it to?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
If i order, will the package be sent to my billing address or can i chose a different address to send it to?
You can have it sent to whichever address you like.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #28
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sak View Post
The ballast is what powers the bulb. The slim ballasts are smaller making them more convenient to mount in tight locations than the larger ballasts.
The slim ballast are not only smaller but more reliable than the regular. I 100% recommend the slim over the regular IMO. That is whats in my truck and have not had one problem since I started selling these things.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #29
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex352 View Post
Im in too i just need to make a paypal account first. and its 35w for the slims unless u upgrade?
Yes. You have to upgrade to the 50w. I think its worth it

Quote:
Right you are! I like mine
Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #30
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
which is the brightest bulb color? I need this upgrade for my wife since her headlights sucks so looks isn't important.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
which is the brightest bulb color? I need this upgrade for my wife since her headlights sucks so looks isn't important.
4300k You can upgrade to the 50w but I think the normal 35 will do just fine
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #32
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
4300K would be the best. Not sure if Paul "slimcubby" carries kits with 5000K.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #33

Yea I would say 4300K Most light output then goes 6000K.

4300K will be white with a very slight yellow more stock look but bright as hell.

6000K will be white with a very slight blue more Lexus xenon style and also very bright.

I would recommend 35w for everyone but if you MUST have that extra blinding brightness lol then go 50w. But trust me 35w is plenty bright.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #34
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks G. So is there any advantage in our trucks to getting the slim ballast. It doesnt effect output does it? I'm just trying to save every bit i can since i need new tires soon

edit: As in does it provide any benefit except for convenience?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #35

Oh just to let you guys know how bright these things are....

Tonight I was driving home from my girls house and was approaching a fellow Tacoma. Same truck like me but had his bulbs replaced with the halogen "hyper white" style bulbs. As I approached it appeared like his headlights weren't even on. I lit up his path for him and I was a couple car lenghths behind. Sometimes I wish I could have informed him of this thread lol. He would be a happy camper.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Thanks G. So is there any advantage in our trucks to getting the slim ballast. It doesnt effect output does it? I'm just trying to save every bit i can since i need new tires soon
It doesn't effect any difference in performance. The only things it changes is the size and reliability. They are much smaller and lighter. Also, they are much more reliable. I have yet to have a warranty replacement on a slim ballast that I can think of. I have had to replace a few Regular ballasts though. Both are good but I would shell out extra $20 for the peace of mind.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
It doesn't effect any difference in performance. The only things it changes is the size and reliability. They are much smaller and lighter. Also, they are much more reliable. I have yet to have a warranty replacement on a slim ballast that I can think of. I have had to replace a few Regular ballasts though. Both are good but I would shell out extra $20 for the peace of mind.

So your saying your warranty will bail my cheap ass out haha jk thanks for the info
Old 03-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #38

Quote:
So your saying your warranty will bail my cheap ass out haha jk thanks for the info
Lol yea it can be looked at that way haha But honestly to any new orders Slim is the way to go.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #39
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

edit: As in does it provide any benefit except for convenience?
I don't want to hijack the group buy thread, but real quick.......

dgerm, Although the slim ballasts are more reliable, they do not really create an advantage for our trucks as far as the headlights and mounting area are concerned. Especially if you are trying to save a few bucks here and there. There is quite a bit of space to mount the regular ballasts if you decide to go with them. On the inside of the body between the washer fluid container is a great place to mount them on the passenger side and on the inside of the body between the battery is a great place for the driver side. The regular size ballasts fit there nicely. This is how I mounted regular size ballasts on my truck:

Passenger side ballast

Driver side ballast

IMO, the slim ballasts would be great for the fog lights because you could mount them close and convenient to the fog light connections. I plan to do this in the future when I get the funds. Too bad I can't do it with this group buy. Hopefully Slim will keep the deals going for a while.

I hope this info helps with everyone's decisions.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #40
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if this was already posted but is there warrantee and if so do we have to deal with the manufacture or the OP if we have any issues? How long is it covered for?