1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yeti Coolers group buy - CANCELED

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by LoadedTaco, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
    LoadedTaco

LoadedTaco [OP] Kick A$$ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    Thanks for the info.

There are a few different options, but it looks like we would be dropshipping them from yeti. As long as we hit a certain number it looks like it will be free shipping.

Exactly, you cannot advertise any prices other than retail. So you are not going to see a flyer saying differently. This is however a unique situation through the forum.

He has already been in contact with them for some time now.

We are being very careful not to violate any of the rules yeti has.

2. Feb 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    la0d0g

la0d0g Its 4 o’clock somewhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    running for the hills
    Vehicle:
    For crawling not hauling
    :woot:

3. Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    timmytoast

timmytoast Card-Carrying Illuminati Member

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Black Plastiderp Front Emblem and Grille Surround, Relocated Horns, Bed Mat w/ bolt mod, Precision Fit seat covers, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Console and Glove Box Organizers, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Pop N Lock Tailgate Latch, K B Voodoo Bed Brackets
    In if the prices are right.

4. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
  5. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    Pretty much stock with some crap welded to it.
    are these suckers really worth what there asking??? saw them at sportsmen's warehouse and i was shocked on the price? anyone own one?

6. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    LoadedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    From a different post in the overland thread

7. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    love to see a final price for a 65.

honestly an Igloo ultra cool can perform the same..but durability is off the charts with a performance cooler.

i'm a fan of Engel coolers.

8. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    Pretty much stock with some crap welded to it.
    They looked sweet! But holy cow are they outa my price range :)

9. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    popping corn

10. Feb 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    LoadedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    Yeah they are pricey that's why I am trying to help save everyone money if they want one. IIRC these have way better insulation than igloo. There is also benefits like how easy these are to clean, they don't get stained, smells don't stick to them. That is why you see so many of these things on fishing boats.

11. Feb 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM
    512taco

512taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Austin,tx
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco prerunner sr5 TSS
    I have a 45qt friends have 65 qt and roadies. I can keep full of ice for 3 days during texas summer with beer(constant opening and closing). If I just fill it with ice during fishing, hunting or camping trips, only open periodically it will keep ice for 5+ days in 100degree temps. Not to mention they are basically indestructible and almost all parts are replaceable.

I'm a big fan, they are based out of Driftwood,tx just south westish of Austin (ps if you live in the area you can hit them up occasionally for factory blems at a supposed discount as well)

My take is if you use coolers a lot for hunting, fishing, camping especially in bear country, throwing around etc they are very much worth the cost especially at the proposed discount as opposed to replacing cheap coolers each season. And you look cool having a yeti cooler and not just the hat. Haha.

If you want a cooler to just throw beer in and wheel around tailgating or whatever may not be worth the cost.

Lastly, take a look at the empty weight on the website. My 45 qt is about 20lbs empty,add ice, fish, game, beer whatever and you are looking at 50lbs easy.

Hope this helps.

12. Feb 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    Boogyman

Boogyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fox 2.0 IFPs, superbumps, LR UCA, Walker Evans and Dakars
    I got one and I LOVE it! I've got a 45q and it'll keep ice completely frozen for a good 4 days out in the SC heat on my back porch. I use it a lot fishing on my SUP for holding fish. After owning one I completely understand why there so much. Totally worth it!

13. Feb 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    g35man

g35man Discount Double Check

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC 4x4 OR
    Icon Stage II lift kit, LR uca's, Weather Tech floor mats, FX-R retrofit, Morimoto factory fit LED fogs, flyzeye designs cup holder lights, wet okole seat covers, upgraded Entune system
    :popcorn:
    Been wanting one because I fish a lot but was waiting because of the price.

14. Feb 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    WTFaulkner

WTFaulkner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Stuff
    Sub'd I would for sure be interested.

15. Feb 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    Subbed, very interested in this!

16. Feb 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Have Yeti and Pelican coolers here. Both are nice but the Pelican latches can be a pain for people with small fingers such as kids and wives. Wife has complained about getting her fingers pinched more than once with the Pelican cooler. Your milage may vary.

If you get a Yeti take the drain plug you get and drill a hole though the side of the drain plug cap and then thread some 550 cord or other utility cord through that hole and tie it off to the carry handle. He's right about the latches as after about five years my 65's latch handles are stretching. Never messed with the cushions or deck lids but they looked nice on other peoples coolers that we have seen. The tie down straps are branded versions of the ones you might already have from your motorcycles or other bed toys and I have never felt the need for the locking cables so I have no experience with those.

Caveat: I ripped the aluminum Yeti sticker off the side of the cooler during our first trip with it as it drew lots of attention. Since then - about five years - maybe two people have recognized it and commented on the fact that it was a Yeti.

Worth it? To us they are but a word of advice. Unless you are actually standing over one I'd suggest seriously considering the size below the size you think you need as they are very efficient especially if you aren't in and out of them constantly. We have been using the Pelican for drinks and the Yeti for food but our plans are to change up our arrangement by adding a 12v fridge/freezer for food and replacing both coolers with a smaller Yeti for iced drinks.

Wife has a system with food in the Yeti where some items are prepared at home and then placed into freezer bags, then submerged into water in Tupperware type containers and frozen. Once frozen the ice blocks with food are slipped from their Tupperware container and into the cooler to help act as ice to keep it cool. Using this system she had supper meals that we ate on a trip from the mid-west - St. Louis, Mo. area - to near Guadalajara, Mexico that were still frozen until she pulled them out of the cooler. We didn't add ice until we got ready to leave the lake at Ocotlán, Jalisco to head back home.

You will see lots of tips on how to get the most out of them and I'm sure folks here have quite a few as well but for me if not using my wife's system I get some cardboard and cut it to fit the bottom of the cooler and then go to the ice plant and pick up some dry ice and put it in between the cardboard and am pretty much good to go for better than a week. I use the cardboard as a preventative measure because I've ruined lesser coolers by not putting something between the dry ice and the plastic liner. Is it needed with the Yeti? I dunno, but I'm not risking it.

There it is for what it's worth and in the end I hope that the folks in the GB are as happy with theirs as we are with ours. If you miss the GB and still want one PM me and I'll shoot you directions to get one for 15% off that usually includes free shipping too.

17. Feb 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    LoadedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    Wow lots of good information there. Thanks for all the input guys. We are having a meeting this weekend and finalizing everything. As soon as this goes official I will post the Link in here.

18. Feb 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    Hey is this going to be only for a certain amount a days or weeks?

19. Feb 4, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    sugsss

sugsss Member

Member:
    waipahu, hi
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    What about shipping to Hawaii is that doable?

20. Feb 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    X2

Interested if the price is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in