Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

2005-2011 Winch Mount Bumper - FREE SHIPPING

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
TEXAN
usoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
usoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to usoffroad
2005-2011 Winch Mount Bumper - FREE SHIPPING

We are now sold out of these bumpers with no ETA when more might be available.

----------------

UPDATE 6-7-14: spoke with TRDParts4U (one of our dealers)...they currently have 3 left in stock.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...product=-10069

They have them discounted to $500 which sure beats not getting one at all.

----------------

http://usoffroad.us/store/tacoma-winch-bumper

--------
Per tcBob I'm posting this group buy for our new 2005-2011 Winch Mount Bumper as developed and discussed at length for 18 months in this thread. You can view more pics and read about the development process there as well.

Similar to our FJ Winch Mount this was developed out of many requests and group input from Tacoma World members. I hope you guys like it.

A few notes.

We wanted to offer something functional beyond just giving you the ability to mount a winch on your Tacoma without going to a full bumper. While I have nothing against the many fine full bumper replacements that exist for the Tacoma there are those of us who prefer to keep things looking more stock, lower weight and MPG up. This will hopefully provide all of those things.

I'm a big fan of offroad gear not only being functional but built to take abuse as well. While we have to be careful about making this too heavy I wanted to make sure it would provide solid bash plate protection up front and provide a very solid foundation for winch recovery functions. Additionally we built it with shackle mounts and light tabs for mounting 3" tall (housing) lights like our Sirius 2" LED's.

We also created openings for the factory driver side recovery point and a matching opening on the passenger side. This enables you to either remove the factory point and mount a couple of recessed trail lights underneath (how is up to you) or leave as is. These openings also provide drainage as the skid plate/fascia meets the factory plates and subframe up front.

Instead of torque arms like on the FJ mount we brought the plate all the way under and full width then bolted it to the subframe with existing 12mm bolts.

Obviously the lower center section must be cut from your bumper cover and the internal factory bumper 'tube' removed (I'll figure weight savings from that for net gain next week). Bumper cover 'ears' are premounted on the bumper to help position the cover and are 'adjustable' with the use of a ball peen hammer. Simple and effective.

The bumper has plenty of drainage and currently has 6 gussets made from .250" steel. The winch tub is made from .250" steel as well and is full height front and rear. The fascia/skid plate is .130" and with the gussets makes for great bash protection if you drop the nose off a ledge on to a rock.

Weight on the FJ version is 58lbs while this Tacoma bumper should be slightly under 70lbs (I'll verify final weight later today). This is simply because it's wider. I thought about making the winch tub narrower than the skid plate but would loose gusseting if I did so, not willing to give up complete bash protection the tub is the width of the skid plate.

We still need to perform one last fitting but this is basically a production mount. I will not make these available to buy until we do this last fitting as I need to finish install docs and provide final photography.

Having said all of that I'm going to offer the following pricing ONLY to Tacoma World members in return for their patience and input.

As it's more expensive to build than the FJ bumper it is priced a bit higher.

It should really retail for about $575.00 but I'm going to set the retail price on this for $545.00 and work on our end to reduce production costs some.

I'm going to offer this bumper here for $485.00 if we can get an initial list of 25 buyers. It will be about 2-3 weeks before these are ready to ship but we need to see if we can get a good initial group together in 7-10 days.

So... $485.00 + UPS Ground shipping to those who commit to this list below.

Here's a few quick pics for your viewing pleasure:

Good view of drainage and light brackets.

Front view:

Elevated a bit:

Underside:

And the gussets. I'm probably going to scoot the two 'center' gussets outboard near the recovery point openings and add a center gusset for the production version:

Keep in mind that if you have a body lift this may not work.

If you have any questions please post them below.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
TEXAN
usoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE 3-13-14:
SHIPPING UPDATE: Last orders should go out today. Install docs can now be found here: http://usoffroad.us/store/tacoma-winch-bumper

VIPER WINCH STOCK: Just found out that Viper is apparently selling more winches than they can supply. They have run out of the Viper Max in all sizes until late April. Makes it kind of tough to sell any but that is the deal until then. Viper Elites are in stock but will not fit the Tacoma with our bumper.

ENGO WINCHES: We are now a dealer for Engo winches and can be ordered here: http://usoffroad.us/store/engo Read more about Engo here: http://www.usoffroad.us/engo/

---------------------
I'll make this real simple. With the purchase of a mount I will extend the same discount of 10% to winches and lights (both of which also ship free). If you are on this list then I will PM you a personalized one time use coupon code that you will use during checkout to receive the discount. I have priced the mount at $535 for now less the 10% discount if you take advantage of this offer.

You can view our products in our store: http://usoffroad.us/store/

I highly suggest the Viper Max winch as it has the remote solenoid box so you don't have to worry about grille brace interference. Can something like the Viper Elite work? Only with some major trimming of one brace.

These mounts are designed to accept our Sirius 2" LED lights if you want lights.

Production times? We will have the first batch of Tacoma mounts ready to ship in 7-10 working days. First come, first shipped.

Time frame for this? Obviously the list/offer is on the table now and I will extend this offer to Tacoma World members and only Tacoma World members until March 1 at midnight. After that everything will be priced as normal and the personalized coupon codes will expire by the 8th. PM me or reply if you want on the list and be sent a coupon code.

Store listing for the 2005-2011 Tacoma Winch Mount Bumper: http://usoffroad.us/store/tacoma-winch-bumper You will find more details there. Be sure to read the FAQ. I'm working on install docs but really they are almost identical to the FJ docs. I'll have those by this weekend.

--------------------

Group list.
As of 2-26-14 the first 6 coupon codes have been PM'd

1. Canazes9 (ordered)
2. Halftunn50 (ordered)
3. fj40taz (ordered)
4. Chaz84 (ordered)
5. mloco575
6. HighTideTaco
7. Extaco05 (ordered)
Old 02-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
DryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant future

DryCreek's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of installed might help on this page as well OP.......I have been waiting to see the final product to decided between this or a plate bumper. Time to make a decision I guess. Looks great!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
TEXAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Pics of installed might help on this page as well OP.......I have been waiting to see the final product to decided between this or a plate bumper. Time to make a decision I guess. Looks great!
Agreed. Like I said above, we will do a full install next week with a fully finished setup.. painted with winch, etc.

Here's the last mockup with no shackle mounts installed but you will get the idea. We left the slats in the junk yard bumper cover above just simply because... you will probably want to remove all of the slats.

One other note, the approach angle should be a tad better, at least as far as our bumper is concerned, we followed the line from the first bend directly down to the factory skid/cover.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd as I'm interested and been following since the idea lightbulb.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for $486 for my '07, waiting for the '12...

David
Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
id like to have one!!! Really want to see final install pics
Old 02-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Bowhunter -)))----->
WisTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
WisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Job, Really looks nice!!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:27 AM   #10
Halftunn50 is on a distinguished road
Halftunn50's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still in! Will you offer a painted option?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:30 AM   #11
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
sweeeeetttt
Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #12
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for '12 version.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
Eric F is on a distinguished road

Eric F's Tacoma Gallery
OP-
Will us 2012+ (2014 for me) guys get the same pricing, or do we need to buy now to get that price?
E
Old 02-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
TEXAN

Hey guys, this is for 2005-2011 models only. If you read the thread mentioned above it has info about plans for the 2012. If you have any questions regarding 2012 models it would be best if you posted them there.

Until we have a 12+ version built there is no way I can price it.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #15
TEXAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftunn50 View Post
I'm still in! Will you offer a painted option?
You can have it any way you want it as long as it's bare steel. It would have to be crated if we painted/coated and even then I'd be amazed if it arrived unscathed. Plus you wouldn't want to pay the shipping I can assure you.

On that note, I paint my personal stuff, used to powder coat everything but touchup was impossible as I could never get it to match and it just looked worse.

Some guys have used Linex/Rhino or POR15 on theirs. You can see plenty of customer photos of our FJ mount/bumper here.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #16
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a shipping quote to 89130 please
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #17
TEXAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
Can I get a shipping quote to 89130 please
Worst case at 70lbs shipping weight is about $48.00 via UPS Ground, which is about the only way you want to ship one of these.

We get charged another $8.50 by UPS since it's not boxed, but we eat that cost. I've sent these mounts all over the world and never had one damaged...not really sure how you could. Regardless, we cardboard wrap then shrink wrap which works well.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for interest
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #19
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
Let me see what the ole tax man has to say. I'm very Interested though and have been waiting to see this for a while. I can't wait to see the finished product. Would you be able to use a hi-lift on this?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
fj40taz is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
I am in for one. Sign me up...

Products Discussed in this Thread