Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

CVT/Cascadia Tents Group Buy Event -2014

Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #1221
warrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: tank mechanic bravo co. 3/116th
Name: shawn
warrpath4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #1222
gshadow325 is on a distinguished road
gshadow325's Tacoma Gallery
Jealous mine is not here yet
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #1224
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Question: what happens if the ladder slips out/sinks in the mud/bear pushes it over/idiot friends push it over as a joke while you are in there. Will it damage the floor structure?
Old 04-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #1225
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
Question: what happens if the ladder slips out/sinks in the mud/bear pushes it over/idiot friends push it over as a joke while you are in there. Will it damage the floor structure?
Very good question, I do see people putting welcome mats under the ladders.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #1226
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post

If it happened a lot I would imagine that there would be some damage overtime but if its just an occasional accident there is no issue. The ladder does support a lot of the weight for that half of the tent but the hinges/poles take some of the weight too. And there are nylon webbing straps that go from one end of the platform, around each of the poles and into the other end of the platform as a backup support.

My tent got closed up on me by the wind while I was inside and I had to climb out while the tent was only about 90% open.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #1227
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
If it happened a lot I would imagine that there would be some damage overtime but if its just an occasional accident there is no issue. The ladder does support a lot of the weight for that half of the tent but the hinges/poles take some of the weight too. And there are nylon webbing straps that go from one end of the platform, around each of the poles and into the other end of the platform as a backup support.

My tent got closed up on me by the wind while I was inside and I had to climb out while the tent was only about 90% open.
Id pay $10 to see that!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #1228
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine installed! Loving it! Just installed my LED lighting as well... Now to get some camping trips on the calendar!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #1229
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Id pay $10 to see that!
It was scary!
That was last 4th of July. It had been storming all day and I thought that I should just set up camp and ride out the storm until it cleared up enough for me to cook dinner. I got all set up, in the rain, climbed up into the tent with a book and was settling in when I heard the wind coming up the valley towards me. It was so freaking loud! I would guess it was sustained 40-ish mph winds. Well my ladder was facing the wind and when it got to me it picked up the tent and started to close it. I was inside screaming/laughing and had my arms/legs stretched out trying to keep the tent open. I grabbed my rain jacket and shoes and bailed out of the tent. The wind was not stopping and I knew I'd never get any sleep staying there so I packed everything back up and found a different spot further down the mountain where I had trees to block the wind.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #1230

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
Got mine installed! Loving it! Just installed my LED lighting as well... Now to get some camping trips on the calendar!

I'm liking the new rainfly design!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #1232

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That makes two of us.

I wonder if we could upgrade.
It would be good to keep the rain out but I do kinda like that I can just poke my head out of the tent and have a complete 180* view
Old 04-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #1233
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post

Looks awesome!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #1235
V00D0013 is on a distinguished road
Army: pipehitter
V00D0013's Tacoma Gallery
very new guy

Is this still available to do?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #1236
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
No it ended March 31
Old 04-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #1239
rb9228 is on a distinguished road
Army: AATW
rb9228's Tacoma Gallery
Damn..I guess I can look forward to the 4th annual GB in 2015!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #1240
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cam and I got a good soaking on Sunday morning before breaking camp in NC. I was very impressed with the tents performance in the inclement weather.
Until then I had been fortunate enough to just deal with some drizzle - this one was a downpour.
Always good to hear. I expect to use mine in a few downpours and knowing it did fine for you makes me happy lol.