Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

EBC Stage 1-5 Brake Kits for Toyota's! All EBC brake parts heavily discounted @ TAP

Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #41
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the support!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #43
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I'm worried that Matt gets them bedded in right. He is having a shop install them, and they better not drive it and screw them up right after they install them. Matt needs to bed them himself and work in the feel.
I am new to brakes What do you mean?

Matt
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #44
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
What stage is good for 285/70R17 Nitto trail grapplers?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #45
AKA: Spongebob "RainbowPuke" Squarepants
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I am new to brakes What do you mean?

Matt
I didn't say you were new to brakes man. I just hope that which ever shop installs your brakes doesn't think that they'll "try them out" before giving you the keys back. You have to bed the carefully and i don't really understand how to do it, i just know it is delicate. Just being friendly and concerned i mean no harm or bad intention

http://ebcbrakes.com/articles/how-to...ban-driving-2/
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #46
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't say you were new to brakes man. I just hope that which ever shop installs your brakes doesn't think that they'll "try them out" before giving you the keys back. You have to bed the carefully and i don't really understand how to do it, i just know it is delicate. Just being friendly and concerned i mean no harm or bad intention

http://ebcbrakes.com/articles/how-to...ban-driving-2/
Lol, no I am saying I am new to brakes so I didn't know what you meant.

Thanks for the link!

Matt
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #47
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
good advice, these are a little different than standard brakes.

Thank you all for the orders, have a great weekend!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #48
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I couldnt wait to throw on the EBC stage 4 kit. I have been slowly "bedding" them in and its been great so far. I was really impressed by the fit and finish of the whole kit.

Chas @Tap Auto Parts gave me a great deal and I highly recommend doing business with him.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #49
Dude that setup looks sick. Maybe its all the aftermarket colors you have in that wheel well lol. The black will eventually come off the face of the rotor but they look awesome out of the box.

Thank you for sharing photos! And Im glad you are happy with the service and parts we sell. We are working hard for you guys and want to be your parts spot.

Would love to know how they feel in 3-400 miles or so. They only get better
Old 03-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #51
NateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Metals Tech
Name: Nathan
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
Which of these is going to throw the least amount of dust?
Old 03-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #52
The kits with the green pads are less dusty than the kits with the yellow pads
Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #53
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMob View Post
Which of these is going to throw the least amount of dust?
What color rims do u have?

On my stock silver TRD off roads, the dust is hardly noticable from the stage 5 and I've had them for about a yr I think.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #54
NateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
What color rims do u have?

On my stock silver TRD off roads, the dust is hardly noticable from the stage 5 and I've had them for about a yr I think.

Matte gray, so it probably won't matter. Think I'll just pull the trigger on the 5.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #56
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ere ya go. You won't be disapointed. After you get them broken in, i'd almost argue that the dust is pretty normal.

Beautiful 4runner
Agreed.
The payoff is well worth it.
The truck is a beast and I drive it hard...... These brakes will stop ya, and these prices are good!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #57
AKA: Spongebob "RainbowPuke" Squarepants
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Agreed.
The payoff is well worth it.
The truck is a beast and I drive it hard...... These brakes will stop ya, and these prices are good!
You drive hard too? I can't wait to have real brakes for once, my stock one have been heated a few too many times. Still no warpage or anything major (i always engine brake)....just age. Can't wait to baby my ECB kit for the first few thousand miles. I just got new tires so that is reason enough to baby everything.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #58

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You drive hard too? I can't wait to have real brakes for once, my stock one have been heated a few too many times. Still no warpage or anything major (i always engine brake)....just age. Can't wait to baby my ECB kit for the first few thousand miles. I just got new tires so that is reason enough to baby everything.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...150-build.html

U tell me
Old 03-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #60
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
Does the code only work for "tacoma brakes"? I just tried it for a set of Tundra rotors and pads to upgrade my 4runner and although the code shows as being applied, the price didn't change.