Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

EBC Stage 1-5 Brake Kits for Toyota's! All EBC brake parts heavily discounted @ TAP

Old 04-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #81
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Hey Matt,

Yes I would follow this procedure as close as possible. Most brake pads come scorched on the face to provide quicker break in times. The EBC pads are not scorched and actually have a layer of "break in coating" which is a super high friction level material that is supposed to bed into the rotor giving you ultimate performance.

The first 80-100 miles are important in getting to coating worked into the rotor. Be soft on them for a few days.

The full width contact patch they are referring to is the rotor face. Make sure the pad is wearing evenly.

After all this, do the 10 hard stop bedding procedure, let them cool and you should be good to go! No need to drive around for 800 miles, that is more for used & beat rotors.

See the "band" going around the rotor face, this is what you are aiming for.
Thanks Chas…that makes more sense!

Will the band still be the same for the type of rotors that come with the Stage 5? (Btw, are those types called slotted, etc? Do the spiral lines have a name that go around the rotor?)

Matt
Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #82
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
They are slotted / dimpled rotors. The band will still be there except not where the slots are. The slots help remove debris and keep the pad wear even on the rotor, preventing the dreaded rotor pulsation that these trucks get.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #83
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are slotted / dimpled rotors. The band will still be there except not where the slots are. The slots help remove debris and keep the pad wear even on the rotor, preventing the dreaded rotor pulsation that these trucks get.
Thanks!

Matt
Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #84
Rainbow. Puke.
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Thanks!

Matt
Another thing to add. A lot of people like dimpled and slotted over drilled and slotted because the drilled ones can actually crack unless you buy a really high dollar ceramic rotor such as used on race cars. I like the dimpled because i know i should never have a cracking problem. They really bite well and last!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #85
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
emailed for pricing two days ago still without response. I need brakes

Disregard

Saw the site was fixed for pricing issues
Old 04-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #86
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Our site? Or TW? Havent noticed any bugs on our end but let me know!
I still can't get on. I can get to the parts page from one of the links on your original post. Then I enter in what vehicle and it reloads with the options for my truck. Then from that page, any item I click on to open won't load. All I see is this:
Attached Thumbnails
EBC Stage 1-5 Brake Kits for Toyota's! All EBC brake parts heavily discounted @ TAP-website-error.jpg  
Old 04-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #87
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorU View Post
I still can't get on. I can get to the parts page from one of the links on your original post. Then I enter in what vehicle and it reloads with the options for my truck. Then from that page, any item I click on to open won't load. All I see is this:
Just taps looking out for ur future and telling u to get back to ur 2nd Exam.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #88
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Our site crashed yesterday because tooooo many TW members were on it at once LOL.

It should work just fine now! If not please PM me
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #89
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Just taps looking out for ur future and telling u to get back to ur 2nd Exam.

Haha nah, screw that exam! I decided to wing it on Tuesday
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #90
TAP Auto Parts
How are everyones EBC's treating them?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #92
TAP Auto Parts
AHHH get on it
Old 04-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #96
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
How is everyone determining what model to get? I don't have any specific needs, other than I have the TW mod bug so I've upgraded everything from stock thus far, might as well keep it going haha

I'd be coming from stock OEM brakes.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #97
Rainbow. Puke.
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
How is everyone determining what model to get? I don't have any specific needs, other than I have the TW mod bug so I've upgraded everything from stock thus far, might as well keep it going haha

I'd be coming from stock OEM brakes.

Thanks

Got A little dusty during final break in

People are determining their kit choice based on dust, bite, and of course price. I like the stage 5 kit because they bite cery well, i don't mind the dust at all, and they are priced very well (at least from TAP the are).
Old 04-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #98
TAP Auto Parts

I appreciate the support everyone. Nice looking truck AR15xAR10!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #100
TAP Auto Parts
We have kicked off another Tacomaworld sale on EBC Brakes for the month of May

Enter promocode

TACOMAWORLD
on our site for instant EBC discounts!

CONTACT US AT 702.979.1577 WITH ANY QUESTIONS