LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Official Rock Sliders Group Buy

Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #1161
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok. I have been wanting a set from them but since all this stuff went down i have been looking else where since he is no longer taking orders.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #1163
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
I bought a set from Oscar "used". They didnt have gussets so i contacted Derek and he picked up first ring. I told him i was from Tacomaworld and needed the gussets. He ended up making the gussets and sent them to me for free because he wanted to get more positive rep on the forum. They came in on Monday and look correct. I'll have my buddy or Beefedtaco weld them on.. haven't figured out who yet.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #1165
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
If you live by him I reccomend him since you can go to his place and get them. Otherwise no.
I wouldn't even recommend them then. I've seen the work in person, and it's hit-or-miss. Some have had fantastic workmanship, fit perfectly, etc. Those usually were ordered well before this whole GB crap. Others... well let's just say they were slapped together. Most of them (the bad ones, that is) seemed to come around the time when this GB was in full swing, and he was trying to get all the orders out.

With that said, I'd go with someone who stands by their work - Derek just seems to try and make as much money as he can, without any concern of quality. Go to Stubbs (I know that's a good shop) or even a local shop to you - I found a few in Northern Colorado that I have heard very good things about. I'm sure there's some shops in Florida that do good work as well. This way you'll save yourself the shipping $$$, and they'll probably install them for free or practically free since you're already buying them from the shop.

My .02. Don't take it as gospel, I'm sure there's some people that will stand by Derek's work. I don't know many of them, and like I said from what I've seen personally his work is hit-or-miss. I honestly hope he has shut down his shop in lieu of what has happened here, and TTORA in 2005.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #1166
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
So did anyone actually receive anything from them?
I got mine. They are alright, the legs were all different lengths, but not TOO bad.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #1167
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. I'm sure his work up until the GB was fine. I don't know. I understand why the work came out bad during thus one. But still no exceses. I'm sure if you showed up at his place and wanted a set it's a different story because you are there.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #1168
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Sliders in Florida for what, do you have a lot of jagged sand down there?
I saw a rock in Florida once...Well, it might have been a hermit crab.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #1170
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Tell the stump that I crushed with my sliders, the rock/mud rise that I left side centered on, and the bitch that tried to door ding me that I don't need sliders cause I'm in Fla.

Plus I'm Active Duty military- I'll be in Fla for about 3 more days...and then in LA...and after that who knows.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #1171
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I got mine. They are alright, the legs were all different lengths, but not TOO bad.
Seriously? We're talking about quality of the product here and the guy can't even cut tube steel to the same length repeatedly? How fucking busy do you have to be to NOT measure or use a jig to cut identical parts the right way each time?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #1172
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Maybe for the gaters?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #1173
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently he's still in business.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...17#post1965217
Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #1175
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Mine took over 7 months for delivery & sucked. I had to add 2 legs & gussets to feel good about putting weight on them.

I guarantee my rockers would have taken damage if I left them the way he sent them...

EDIT: Take a look, how are they gonna stand up to endpoint hits? The sleeved clamp design was never tested & didn't fit right either...

So I fixed them myself... I cut off the 'sleeves' and added a leg at each end...

I was going to mention this on TTORA, but didn't want to speak for you.

Products Discussed in this Thread