Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Pre-summeritme Fridge Group Buy

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #61
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Edgestar, Koldfront, or Whynter fridges?
I have been looking into Whynter/ Edgestar they are both made by Whynter. It seems to be hit or miss on the reviews. Some people love them some hate them. But the price is hard to pass up. Maybe Will or cliff will chime in seeing how they sell them.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #63
dctamcoa is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
dctamcoa's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #64
adamh1977 is on a distinguished road

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
im interested for sure
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #65
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
This looks like it might get large I've got 6 weeks to get a fridge so let get moving
at first if was wondering if they would get to 50. my bad.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #66
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
The yeti is a nice cooler but that's all it is.. A cooler. You'll be much happier eating cold dry food instead of cold soggy stuff.

This is the exact reason I bought the fridge last year through these guys. He was great to deal with and I can never say no to small businesses. I have to say, once you camp with a fridge, a cooler is just sub par!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #67
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
I just point to my event coordinator's purse collection and conversation over.
That could work, except my boss finds AMAZING deals on the crap she buys, so it might be tough for me
Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #68
Jrs13086 will become famous soon enoughJrs13086 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
Jrs13086's Tacoma Gallery
Id entertain the idea pending price. Subd
Old 04-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #69
bunk is on a distinguished road
bunk's Tacoma Gallery
Interested. Price on a National Luna 50l weekender. The split fridge freezer one.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #70
zooroadbaja is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
zooroadbaja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been looking into Whynter/ Edgestar they are both made by Whynter. It seems to be hit or miss on the reviews. Some people love them some hate them. But the price is hard to pass up. Maybe Will or cliff will chime in seeing how they sell them.

I ordered the 43q edgestar and everything worked on it, I liked it a lot but ended up returning it. The compressor made a very loud rattling sound. Sounded like kitchen plates vibrating together. It was super annoying to the point where I had the radio turned up and still could hear it clanking. If it was in a truck bed it may have not been so bad but being in the cab was a no go for me. According to the company the fridge probably got jarred in transit causing the problem. They insured me it would have no effect on the life of the fridge.

So I'm curious if the ARB, Engel, and Luna have the same problems.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #71
NateMob is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Metals Tech
Name: Nathan
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
i like the metal cased one but not at double the price, whoa! Im interested in the ARB or Engel still.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #72
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I can't imagine having the fridge attached in the truck (whether in the bed or in the cab) can be good while offroading, no? Do most people unmount it when they get to camp? Or just keep it attached when they wheel? (also to keep power running to it)
Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #73
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I can't imagine having the fridge attached in the truck (whether in the bed or in the cab) can be good while offroading, no? Do most people unmount it when they get to camp? Or just keep it attached when they wheel? (also to keep power running to it)
I keep mine in the truck. It sits on a slide in the bed, so when I need something I just go to the truck and get it. Mine also has the transient case so I could take it from the truck and it is supposed assist it to function as a cooler...
Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #74
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I use a Whynter 65. Quiet as can be and the price was right. Have had no issues with it. Matter of fact I have it full right now in the basement. Been on and running since day 1. When I had it in the truck before winter. I kept it on all the time. When it was off, when I had the truck off, it was still keeping everything in it cold and fresh.

I use it more as a FREEZER vs the fridge though.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #75
Zam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
Any drop down fridge slides?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #76
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting...
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #77
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
ttt
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #78
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
i have an engle fridge and a freezer side by side in my cab of my truck,
Doesn't bother me at all, i have a manual switch you can say that basically is a master switch, they don't need to run all the time to keep things frozen and cool.

Nothing like eating ice-cream on the trails
Old 04-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #79
XPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of lightXPEDITIONREADY is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ben
XPEDITIONREADY's Tacoma Gallery
I had no idea there would be this much interest....I am waiting to hear back on some pricing before I disclose a group buy pricing. As others have mentioned ARB, Engel, and National Luna, as well as a lot of manufactures have MAP pricing which keeps dealers from selling below certain prices. I will also tell you that in this industry unless you are a manufacturer of products there are very few companies with a 20% markup to discount off. I have told a couple people via email that if you are in the market for a fridge/slide combo this will be a great deal because you were planning on buying anyways so you might as well get the best price out there. If you are not in the market, I doubt the pricing will sway you to purchase the fridge over another accessory you may be considering if a fridge is not a priority. Not to mention shipping a fridge/slide combo at close to 150lbs is expensive.

Not to discourage anyone from unsubscribing to this thread or loosing interest, but I dont want you to get excited about pricing that is unrealistic with any of these brands. Stay tuned and thanks for the interest
Old 04-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #80
Playwfire is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: IAFF Local 276
Name: Andrew
Playwfire's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Products Discussed in this Thread