1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Push Button Switch Feeler

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by TheNatural, May 1, 2014.

?

Would you buy an OEM style push switch for around $20?

Poll closed May 31, 2014.
  1. Yes! Light up ones please!

59 vote(s)
    83.1%
  2. Yes! A non light up one, like in the picture

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Depends on final price and/or reviews from other members

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. No, do not like/need/want

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    TheNatural

TheNatural [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    Lots of bolt on chrome stuff
    The way the light up switches are wired is similar, but "upside down" to what you're describing. The bottom text has a separate led that wires into the rest of the dash dimmer lights and is always on. The top led is on when the circuit is closed.

I like the little panel you put by the shifter. I'm planning on putting my compressor and locker switches there when I find room in the budget for that project.

2. May 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    Yup. I ended up using the oem fog light switches from an FJ for the switches on the left side of the dash, they have a secondary illumination bulb when the circuit is on, you would figure that they should all be like that...it's worth it but pricey.

3. May 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    TheNatural

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    UPDATE: I forked out the setup cost to have them make a custom sample. Hopefully soon I will be receiving an under AC size switch with a light up graphic. I ordered a Rock Lights switch, mostly because of self interest, but I'll take some pictures and show you guys what it looks like when it arrives. I'm sure the LED Light bar graphics, etc, will be of the same quality.

EDIT: What colour LED's are you guys most interested in? I ordered the sample with green to match the OEM switches in my '12, but I think other years may have had different colours?

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  4. May 9, 2014 at 2:17 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    most of the previous years had orange on the left side. Might have found a way to change the bulb out with an LED, should know over the weekend.

5. May 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    delesseria

delesseria Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Olympia
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road Blue Ribbon
    ProEFX Heated Towing Mirrors, TRD cat-back exhaust, Snugtop Sport Hi-Liner, Hellwig EZ-990 Helper Springs, IGGYCORP LED pods
    Hi,
    I'd be interested in the smaller, under AC variety. Are these momentary switches, like what you might want to trigger a time-delay relay? I'm thinking of something like the heated mirror mod.

6. May 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    TwistedTLM4

TwistedTLM4 Unknown Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    '05 DCSB TRD Sport
    WeatherTech Floor Mats, WeatherTech Bug Shield and Vent Visors, Audio Upgrade, RaamAudio RaamMat & Ensolite, Mr. Marv's Custom 10" Sub Enclosure, Pop N Lock Electronic Tailgate Lock, mattgecko's Bedlights, Demello Offroad Single Hoop Bumper, Marathon Seat Covers, Leer Topper, OME885s on 5100s, @Blackout14 HD Leaf Pack
    Darn......"under A/C" not an option for my 05.....
    ehuta8u5_38e14ef264e599435afdcc0907976ec9de4f7f43.jpg

7. May 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    TheNatural

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    Have no fear, expanding product line is here! I'm in the process of designing a panel just like the one shown in post #40 of this thread, but for the under AC switches. I -was- just going to draw one up and 3D print it for myself so I could put some of these switches next to my cupholder, but once I do the hard part I may be able to produce them economically for others as well. I'm sure you could put the switch panel under your AC unit on your '05 and have an end result similar to a factory '12!

8. May 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:

That dash trim piece is replaceable with the newer ones, there was a couple of threads about the swap with part numbers and costs.

9. May 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    WisTaco

WisTaco Bowhunter -)))----->

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Murdered 08
    TRD coi,TRD exhaust, Leer cap,WT floormats, Ironman Lift, LR UCA's, Ultra Rogue wheels, 255/75/17's. DYI mods 4x4 Illum switch & BLHM.
  10. May 15, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    hawks02

hawks02 Active Member

Member:
    E.Washington
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB MGM TRD Sport & 1998 Tacoma Ext Cab
    Tinted Windows, 3M Clear Bra, WeatherTechs,
    Id be down for the LED light bar

11. May 16, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    the glen

the glen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    penisula
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road 6SP manual spruce mica Taco
    Icon 2.5 remote res. Coilovers front, icon 2.5 rem res shocks rear, deavers 10 pack leafspring rear. Light racing ouca. Cmc, avid light bar, bamf sliders weld on, grillcraft mx grill, bamf light bracket with lightforce 170's. Uws toolbox, oem bed mat, weathertechs f/r, hella airhorns, trd antenna, talegate mod, Clifford alarm, budbuilt full skid plate set. All pro rear bumper. Superbumps bumpstops. Bulldog lighting reverse led lights in bumper. Trd short throw shifter. Cobra cb, firestick 4' ant. Icon LCA skids. Bamf rear dif skid. Hi lift x-treme mounted with relentless rail mounts in bed. Full size method/bfg in bed. Crown performance ss/Kevlar brake lines. Power tank mounted in bed. Rigid d2s mounted on relentless hood mounts. H3R quick release fire extinguisher mounted to driver's seat. Redline hood struts.
    Any word yet on if/when we can order these switches? I really like these and I'm just about to mount up some d2s.

12. May 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  13. May 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    TheNatural

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    My sample should be here any day now, then I'll have a review for you all. It sounds like there's tons of interest so I'll order a bunch as soon as I've verified the quality of the product.

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that they don't have the graphical under AC size switches that many people seem interested in though. This could actually end up being a good thing, you guys have access to a larger selection and I can still supply the the customized ones you're after.

14. May 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    They do: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Push-switch...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdf13c155&vxp=mtr

Still, their selection is rather limited, both in color and button faces. Having a custom option would be good!

15. May 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    ripkinc

ripkinc Well-Known Member

Member:
    balt
    Vehicle:
    11' DCLB SR5 Expedition in progress
    camper shell, LED enhancements, electrical mods, duel battery, rollin on general grabber at2's
    Definitely interested. My top would be led spots/flood, led bar, compressor,

16. May 18, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    I'm in.

17. May 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    WisTaco

WisTaco Bowhunter -)))----->

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Murdered 08
    TRD coi,TRD exhaust, Leer cap,WT floormats, Ironman Lift, LR UCA's, Ultra Rogue wheels, 255/75/17's. DYI mods 4x4 Illum switch & BLHM.
    How's it coming OP, any anticipated dates yet?

18. May 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    TheNatural

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    Bit of a snag. They made the graphic I wanted, but they messed up and put it on the wrong size switch. Waiting on them to redo it with the proper under AC switch. Quality looked good though.

19. May 28, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Hey OP, any chance your supplier can make the timed heated mirror switch like the highlander switch but maybe at a better price?

20. Jun 3, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    Kendall01

Kendall01 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kendall
    Greenwood SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    lifted, 20" Enkei Wheels, Chrome Bull Bar
    Id be interested in a set of the lighted switches (Amber)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top