Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Push Button Switch Feeler

View Poll Results: Would you buy an OEM style push switch for around $20?
Yes! Light up ones please! 59 83.10%
Yes! A non light up one, like in the picture 3 4.23%
Depends on final price and/or reviews from other members 8 11.27%
No, do not like/need/want 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
TheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TheNatural's Tacoma Gallery
Push Button Switch Feeler

In my search for the perfect switch for my 2nd Gen Tacoma I got in touch with a Chinese supplier of OEM style push switches. I have one, the quality is excellent. Fitment and wiring is the same as the OEM fog light switches. The supplier can make just about any design we could want including Air Compressor, Diff Lock, LED Light Bar, Offroad Lights, Rearview Lights, Camera, Rock Lights.... the list goes on. They could also make the switches light up similar to OEM ones.

Push Button Switch Feeler-_1.jpg

They also make push switches that fit in the slots in the middle console under the A/C controls (on my 2012 they're a different size, not sure about other years). These would be similar to what I described above, just a different size.

Is anyone interested in getting one of these, probably for around $20? I have to order a minimum of 100 of each specific design I want to bring in so I don't want to order them if the interest isn't there. Comment with the style of switch you would be interested in to help me figure out which ones to start out with!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Bowhunter -)))----->
WisTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
WisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in these 5 "Air Compressor, Front Diff Lock, LED Light Bar, Offroad Lights, Rearview Lights".
Even if you don't have a use for them yet, never means you wont down the road! And at least you have it!

Edit:
In the Amber lighted version!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Bowhunter -)))----->
WisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure others would like a factory style switch also, so to the top.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
pwerrec is a name known to allpwerrec is a name known to allpwerrec is a name known to allpwerrec is a name known to allpwerrec is a name known to allpwerrec is a name known to all
Firefighter: Forest Service
Name: Curtis
pwerrec's Tacoma Gallery
Will these fit first gen?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
kevinpstier is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
kevinpstier's Tacoma Gallery
Does $20 include the button, wiring, etc.? Definately interested...
Old 05-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
SteelHorse is on a distinguished road

Name: George
SteelHorse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNatural View Post
In my search for the perfect switch for my 2nd Gen Tacoma I got in touch with a Chinese supplier of OEM style push switches. I have one, the quality is excellent. Fitment and wiring is the same as the OEM fog light switches. The supplier can make just about any design we could want including Air Compressor, Diff Lock, LED Light Bar, Offroad Lights, Rearview Lights, Camera, Rock Lights.... the list goes on. They could also make the switches light up similar to OEM ones.

Attachment 270086

They also make push switches that fit in the slots in the middle console under the A/C controls (on my 2012 they're a different size, not sure about other years). These would be similar to what I described above, just a different size.

Is anyone interested in getting one of these, probably for around $20? I have to order a minimum of 100 of each specific design I want to bring in so I don't want to order them if the interest isn't there. Comment with the style of switch you would be interested in to help me figure out which ones to start out with!
I have a similiar vehicle to yours. I also am looking at getting some switches located in those empty slots under the AC controls. Push button
switches are okay with me. I'll be looking for 3 of them.

However, does he make a rocker switch that small? I would like one to
fit there.

( I'm getting something that will require it. DTDP, Double Pole, Double Throw ).

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
Bowhunter -)))----->
WisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpstier View Post
Answer
[QUOTE=TheNatural;8599407]In my search for the perfect switch for my 2nd Gen Tacoma I got in touch with a Chinese supplier of OEM style push switches. I have one, the quality is excellent. Fitment and wiring is the same as the OEM fog light switches.QUOTE]
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #8
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt mind some oem style switches. i already have my offroad lights hooked up to 2 oem foglight switches, i dont like the look of OTRATTW switches.

will these be coming from you or china?

if china that will take forever.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
bardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
bardicstorm's Tacoma Gallery
Air Compressor and Light Bar for the center console would be awesome.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #11
TheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerrec View Post
Will these fit first gen?
Not unless your first gen switches are the same as the ones in the 2nd gens, which I doubt. I can't remember what the switch panel looks like in the first gens, maybe a picture would help me give you a better answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpstier View Post
Yes. That includes the switch, small wiring harness that plugs into the back, and a few inches of wire already attached to the harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHorse View Post
I have a similiar vehicle to yours. I also am looking at getting some switches located in those empty slots under the AC controls. Push button
switches are okay with me. I'll be looking for 3 of them.

However, does he make a rocker switch that small? I would like one to
fit there.

( I'm getting something that will require it. DTDP, Double Pole, Double Throw ).

Thanks for the heads up.
Unfortunately I don't think I can get a rocker switch for that spot. I am looking for a good winch in/out switch, so I may find something to your liking in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
i wouldnt mind some oem style switches. i already have my offroad lights hooked up to 2 oem foglight switches, i dont like the look of OTRATTW switches.

will these be coming from you or china?

if china that will take forever.
These will be coming from me. My plan is to put in a bulk order from China then keep them in stock and ship from me to you. It will be a couple weeks before I have the first batch available, but after that I will be able to ship them to Canada or the USA in just a few days.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
any pictures of the ones under the a/c?
Old 05-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #13
TRD OFROAD
pegcitytacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Charlie
pegcitytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes a picture of it under the ac controls please
Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
Here's a pic of one of the under AC switches. They have a variety of colours and text options, as well as being able to make custom ones of whatever we'd like (if we order enough of them..)

Push Button Switch Feeler-_1-2-.jpg
Old 05-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe gather a list of switch ideas and make some kind of poll to see which are most popular. I think some common ones people would use are the ones below. I'd start the price at $15 for a "limited introduction sale" and if they're a hit, raise the price a little. Base on your poll so far i'd say the light up ones are going to be more popular.

1. LED Bar
2. Off road lights
3. Fog lights
4. Rock lights
5. Front or Rear locker
Old 05-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #16
TacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud of
TacoSurfer's Tacoma Gallery
YESSSSS

Im looking for this exact thing!!! Just mounted some off road lights behind a satoshi and want to get as clean of a switch as I can.
Please keep me posted.
-Chris
Old 05-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be in for a switch - something like the factory fog light switch would be good. If you have to order 100 switches at a time, I'd recommend starting with a generic design that represents "lights" - much like the factory fog design.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
TacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud ofTacoSurfer has much to be proud of
TacoSurfer's Tacoma Gallery
What would the Amperage be on the switches? I have my off road lights hooked up without a relay and the switch I have on now is 40amp. Seems overkill but am not sure exactly what a pair of 55w Hid lights draw. Anyone know?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSurfer View Post
What would the Amperage be on the switches? I have my off road lights hooked up without a relay and the switch I have on now is 40amp. Seems overkill but am not sure exactly what a pair of 55w Hid lights draw. Anyone know?
These switches would require a relay. I believe they're rated for 3A. In general it's good practice to keep high current wiring on the engine bay side of the firewall.

If your HID's are 55w each for 110W total, they should draw 9.2A at 12V.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
Alright guys, the demand seems to be there so I'll be going through with this as long as everything works out with the supplier. I don't have the capital to throw too many thousands of dollars into ordering switches, so I'll have to start with just a couple options and grow the selection from there.

The most popular requests seem to be lighted switches for:
-LED Light Bar
-Offroad Lights
-Compressor
I'd also like to add rock lights to the list, as that's my next project

I didn't think so many of you would be interested in the under AC size! Those of you that want these, would you rather have switches with just text like the picture a couple posts up, or with a graphic? Keep in mind that the OEM switches that go in those slots are all text only (A-TRAC, USB/AUX, etc).

I was sent a pic of the "offroad lights" switch offering. What do you guys think of this? It will likely be one of the first ones I bring in as there seems to be high demand for light switches and the term "offroad lights" is generic enough to cover a lot of different setups.

Push Button Switch Feeler-_57.jpg