Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

05+ Tacoma Light Racing UCA Group Buy June 2014

Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

Name: Travis "LT"
LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
05+ Tacoma Light Racing UCA Group Buy June 2014

We have been getting a significant amount of requests to bring back the Light Racing group buy so here it is! Since we cannot advertise the discounted price publicly you will have to enter in the coupon code to see the discount. We will do our best to ship the UCA's out as quick as we can based on inventory, it may be a 1 - 2 week lead time depending on how fast we can receive stock. As always there is no sales so the discounted price is the price you pay out the door.

This group buy will go from June 9, 2014 to June 31st, 2014!

To receive your LR UCA discount use the Coupon Code: LR-UCA

05+ Tacoma Light Racing UCA's

Any questions please feel free to contact us
1-800-839-0684 ext. 1
info@metaltech4x4.com
Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Tells me that is an incorrect code. Help?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
eivad1 is on a distinguished road
Name: dave
eivad1's Tacoma Gallery
whats diff from stock
Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

Name: Travis "LT"
LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper678 View Post
Tells me that is an incorrect code. Help?
The code is working properly, make sure you enter it into Coupon code box not the Gift Card.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
ALBtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sweet the UCA is what has been making me put off my lift but this might have just made up my mind. Anyway to combine the UCA coupon and the Tacoma world coupon for the OME lift?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. I need these!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. View Post
The code is working properly, make sure you enter it into Coupon code box not the Gift Card.
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
TacoTy is on a distinguished road

Army: Master Gunner A-TRP, 1-10 CAV
Name: Ty
TacoTy's Tacoma Gallery
When I check out I'm getting total $365 for metal tech compared to $375.99 with Headstrong
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #10
taco211 is on a distinguished road
taco211's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have current inventory of these? or are they on order and will arrive soon?

***edit - i just called and they have stock. pulled the trigger on one. Thanks LT.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTy View Post
When I check out I'm getting total $365 for metal tech compared to $375.99 with Headstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
Me too.
That's a good thing.. Was the price reduced or how does that work? I went in twice, entered the code, got 75.00 discount and came out to 375.00

If indeed its at 365.00 then its obviously a better deal and more power to the seller.
Only curiosity then is how fast do they ship out?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #13

TacoTy's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought it. I will not be home to work on my truck for 3 more months so I am in no rush. I think its a awesome deal.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Ok, just got off the phone with headstrong. They are doing a deal at 370.99 for Tw members - shipped within the states for free. They have them in stock. You also get a better deal if you bought your lift from them as I did - must give name to verify this at time of order.
So a vendor posts a group buy as a courtesy to members, and then you call a competing company and negotiate a separate deal, and post it within the original vendor's thread? Not a very cool thing to do, IMO.

I don't have any intention of purchasing UCAs, but as a general thought, if vendors start to think that by posting GB threads members are simply going to use those prices to go shop around other vendors and then post that information in their GB thread, you can probably kiss GB offers goodbye. The OP was doing TW a favor and offering a good price, and you just ruined his thread.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #15

TacoTy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Ok, just got off the phone with headstrong. They are doing a deal at 370.99 for Tw members - shipped within the states for free. They have them in stock. You also get a better deal if you bought your lift from them as I did - must give name to verify this at time of order.

This group buy is still cheaper at $365.00. Not much cheaper but it is cheaper.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
taco211 is on a distinguished road
taco211's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
READ carefully. it says FREE shipping OUTSIDE USA. Total=$400+
CA tax. thats why its $400
Old 06-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
So a vendor posts a group buy as a courtesy to members, and then you call a competing company and negotiate a separate deal, and post it within the original vendor's thread? Not a very cool thing to do, IMO.

I don't have any intention of purchasing UCAs, but as a general thought, if vendors start to think that by posting GB threads members are simply going to use those prices to go shop around other vendors and then post that information in their GB thread, you can probably kiss GB offers goodbye. The OP was doing TW a favor and offering a good price, and you just ruined his thread.
You should direct any of those thoughts towards me. I instigated that. No, we did not just post in this thread to debunk his GB. The reason I originally posted that price was to reveal to the TW community that this was not as good a deal as everyone thought and that they could have paid the same thing year round, free shipping, and no back order, as many of them were under the impression that this was the best deal around.

I debated in my head since this thread's creation whether or not to post that. I did not want to hurt the OP's business by any means but I feel more of a responsibility to inform my fellow TW members than to a vendor. I love group buys even though I have not yet participated in one but a group buys purpose should be to offer the lowest price, not to advertise the same price and have everyone think it's a limited time offer.

Plus, if a TW member was not financially ready to purchase but was saving up and thinks he needs to do so now to preserve the deal, by posting Headstrong offroads link I saved him some sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTy View Post
This group buy is still cheaper at $365.00. Not much cheaper but it is cheaper.
That is how the Group Buy should be. Even a few dollars cheaper is a generous and appreciated offer.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper678 View Post
You should direct any of those thoughts towards me. I instigated that. No, we did not just post in this thread to debunk his GB. The reason I originally posted that price was to reveal to the TW community that this was not as good a deal as everyone thought and that they could have paid the same thing year round, free shipping, and no back order, as many of them were under the impression that this was the best deal around.

I debated in my head since this thread's creation whether or not to post that. I did not want to hurt the OP's business by any means but I feel more of a responsibility to inform my fellow TW members than to a vendor. I love group buys even though I have not yet participated in one but a group buys purpose should be to offer the lowest price, not to advertise the same price and have everyone think it's a limited time offer.

Plus, if a TW member was not financially ready to purchase but was saving up and thinks he needs to do so now to preserve the deal, by posting Headstrong offroads link I saved him some sweat.
I understand the intentions, and I don't even disagree with you that it's not a some kind of amazing deal. My thought process is that we don't allow anyone talking about how the price asked in a for sale post by a member may be excessive, why should we be allowed to do the same to a vendor? I don't want the guy to be discouraged from offering discounts because someone is just going to call around asking someone else to match/beat it, is all.

In the end, I've probably detracted from the OP's main thread as much or more than anyone, so this will be the last post I make on the matter. I just felt bad for the guy that he tried to do a GB and over 1/2 of the posts were discussion relating to how to get the item cheaper somewhere else.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
I understand the intentions, and I don't even disagree with you that it's not a some kind of amazing deal. My thought process is that we don't allow anyone talking about how the price asked in a for sale post by a member may be excessive, why should we be allowed to do the same to a vendor? I don't want the guy to be discouraged from offering discounts because someone is just going to call around asking someone else to match/beat it, is all.

In the end, I've probably detracted from the OP's main thread as much or more than anyone, so this will be the last post I make on the matter. I just felt bad for the guy that he tried to do a GB and over 1/2 of the posts were discussion relating to how to get the item cheaper somewhere else.
I understand what you are saying, but it isn't as if he just said "I am selling for this price" and we posted a competitor. My reason for posting is that he posted his GB in such a way that members flocked to it and again I don't want to hurt anyone's business but the TW members come first in my priority list and I wanted to warn them that this was not a one of a kind as they thought. The OP probably didn't even know there was an equal price year round. Which is why he posted the better price.

I also don't mean to be picky about people's prices, I was just trying to look after TW.

I now recommend this group buy for a great price of $365.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #20

TacoTy's Tacoma Gallery
Bought these yesterday. Shipped today.