Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

-Retro Old School TOYOTA Badges - Custom 3D Printed - on hiatus

Old 09-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Talking -Retro Old School TOYOTA Badges - Custom 3D Printed - on hiatus

On hiatus:

Because of classes, work, and other time commitments, I will have to temporarily stop printing badges. Current orders will be fulfilled, but I will not be taking accepting any more at this time. I look forward to taking more orders after Christmas during my winter break, and also during my summer vacation. Thank you for your understanding.

3D Printed Retro Badges

3D printing is on the rise and the automotive industry is not any exception! I have always loved old school yotas and wanted a retro "TEQ" badge for the grille of my Runner. As you may know they are pretty much impossible to find and though there are some passable reproductions out there I decided to do something a little different.

These badges are printed on a fused filament fabrication style 3D printer. These printers are great because they are cost effective to use and produce results fairly quickly. Where there are positives the negatives are not all that far behind. The surface finish that is produced on these machines is not like you would expect on other injection molded plastic piece, it is comes off the printer quite rough and takes some elbow grease to get a passable finish. We use acetone smoothing to take that mediocre finish and smooth it out greatly. This being said the process is not perfect, but that is what custom parts are all about. If having minor imperfections in the badge will bother you, these may not be for you. bellow is a sample of what the badges look like before they are smoothed and after before priming.

Before: After:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Lead time on current orders is 3-5 days on production badges, and 1-2 weeks on custom orders. When I ship a badge I will send you a tracking number in a PM and email. Badges are sent out on Monday mornings every week in a batch. For a small fee I can do rush processing.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

We try our best to make the badges direct bolt-on products, but with some it is not practical to use the stock mounts. As expected installation does not require any modification, but tabs may be forgone in favor of screws or VHB Tape. Bellow is a list of models that use a different mounting system than stock:
  • 12-15 Tacoma - use adhesive tape provided, may also be affixed with screws if done correctly.

Available Styles:

If you are interested in a slight change to the style of a badge listed (ie. outer ring, or raised letters instead of recessed) please feel free to PM and we can get it done

A1.

B1.

Ordering:

All prices are shipped.

Standard: Primed with our premium primer and ready for paint. If you would rather prime it yourself just include that in the PM.

Premium: PM me for custom painting requests
)

Include in your PM to order:

Username
Model and year
Badge Finish (color choices if premium)
Badge Style
Name
Address
Email Address

Looking for stock badges to design from!
If you want a free retro badge here is your chance I am looking for someone to send me their stock badge (front only) for the following models and years:

96-98 4Runner (Taken care of)
4th gen 4Runner (Taken care of)
5th gen 4Runner
1st Gen Tacoma (Taken care of)
05-11 Tacoma
12-15 Tacoma (Taken care of)
01-02 4Runner (Taken care of)
07-15 Tundra
(Taken care of)

You will send me your badge and I will return it in a week accompanied by your very own "TEQ" old school badge. Good deal right?
Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
JuanitoBunito is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Juan
JuanitoBunito's Tacoma Gallery
These look pretty dam cool bro!!! Once you guys are ready to make tacoma badges, I'm in.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanitoBunito View Post
These look pretty dam cool bro!!! Once you guys are ready to make tacoma badges, I'm in.
PM Sent.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
c2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shed

c2one's Tacoma Gallery
Real slick!! I would be interested in the teq by itself.

Sub'd to see what you guys come up with.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Sconnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2one View Post
Real slick!! I would be interested in the teq by itself.

Sub'd to see what you guys come up with.
so what you thinking just the TEQ no outline or honey comb? It will need to have the backing there to hold it together.This obviously was my inspiration just elongated and I added the honey comb for looks. I need more Ideas for styles!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Op I'll take one if it fits my 2012 oem grill and one for the tailgate lmk thanks

I like the grey and black one if can get it
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
c2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shedc2one is one of the sharper tools in the shed

c2one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
so what you thinking just the TEQ no outline or honey comb? It will need to have the backing there to hold it together.This obviously was my inspiration just elongated and I added the honey comb for looks. I need more Ideas for styles!

Yeah, no outline or honeycomb.

On the backing, I was thinking of spraying the whole thing black, tape off the connecting backing pieces and spraying the teq red.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #8

c2one's Tacoma Gallery
Just throwing this out there...

teq pro

A badge that resemble the TRD pro badging but using the same block style lettering as the teq logo.

Image for reference:
Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Post above sounds pretty cool. I like the outline look. Seems to add a little dimension to it. The first one you put up, the grey and black one would be exactly what I'm looking for.
I also like the honeycomb but a flat surface would look just as good.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
Sconnie

Quote:
Just throwing this out there...

teq pro

A badge that resemble the TRD pro badging but using the same block style lettering as the teq logo.

Image for reference:
On it!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Sconnie

Quote:
Yeah, no outline or honeycomb.

On the backing, I was thinking of spraying the whole thing black, tape off the connecting backing pieces and spraying the teq red.
We can also print in 2 tone so we could print the back black and the front red if youre interested in that too.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #12

c2one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On it!

:Woot:

Quote:
We can also print in 2 tone so we could print the back black and the front red if youre interested in that too.

Yeah, that'll work better for me!! Definitely interested!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
Designated Stock Height Crawler
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 09-05-2014, 01:57 AM   #14

Quote:
I'll buy a badge looks good
Old 09-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #15
Designated Stock Height Crawler
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Can you do a badge just like the TRD pro badge?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #16
jfwalsh is on a distinguished road

jfwalsh's Tacoma Gallery
Interested. Where can these be easily placed on 2nd gen? Standard 2014 grille
Old 09-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwalsh View Post
Interested. Where can these be easily placed on 2nd gen? Standard 2014 grille

They will replace your stock emblem unless you have a satoshi then it can go anywhere.

Nice job OP!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
FJ60 Badge has been designed.

I definitely want one.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
steelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud ofsteelhd has much to be proud of
steelhd's Tacoma Gallery
Sub!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #20

I want one that get and black one is sweet lmk op thanks