1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roadmaster Suspension System

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by akikiki, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    akikiki

akikiki [OP] New Member

Member:
    You guys are so good at putting these group buys together.
    I wish someone would organize a Roadmaster suspension system buy
    $300. My brother was in a group buy for his D Dakota Got the Roadmaster for $80. He says his Dakota drives like a hot rod now.

Stops sway and reduces body roll on corners. Lifting force is applied to the side, countering the downward force during body roll. Helps keep truck closer to level in U-turns. Easy bolt-on installation.

Minimizes wear on tires, shocks and leaf springs
    2 variable-rate coils designed to automatically aid rear leaf springs come into operation when needed — the more strain on leaf spring, the more these kits aid suspension

2. Jul 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    I've been thinking about this suspension mod myself, after I got turned down for TSB repair at my local dealer (I was out of warranty by 5mos/5,000mi).

The best price I've seen so far is through JC Whitney, using current discount code PlusTen at checkout, you can get the Roadmaster kit shipped for $258, which is cheapest I've been able to find anywhere.

If someone wants to do a group buy thing, I'm sure we might get it cheaper from the manufacturer, but that's a pain in ass process for the person doing it.

Gary

3. Jul 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    I called Roadmaster today and spoke with their national sales mgr. named Dave Arnce about the possibility of a group buy. He was receptive to the idea and we worked out a preliminary price for the product if anyone is interested in a group buy.

If we order 10 or more units, our cost would be $250.00 plus $10.00 (shipping) for total of $260.00 shipped straight to your door. NOTE - the normal cost of this item has a MSRP of $305.00 plus $10.00 shipping or $315.00. This would eliminate me as the middle man, other than in collecting the initial funds and forwarding your name to the company. If we would get upward and in vicinity of 50 units, Dave said we could possibly get another price break.

Dave from Roadmaster also wanted to make us aware that we would be getting the newer, improved version of this product. The old version used 7mm steel, where the new version uses 8mm alloy steel which is harder and he assures us would last lifetime of your truck. He also made point of saying JC Whitney and Summit racing have quantities of the old version that they are currently selling, not the new stock, so any comparison pricing doesn't reflect the change.

The company offers about three versions of the product for Tacomas, but one unit covers about 90% of vehicles that most members would be interested in. I've included a product selection chart and web link below for anyone interested and would be willing to act as contact person on this group buy. I don't want this to drag on for months, so there would be a time limit, say about a month for anyone wanting to get in on this offer - unless there is enough interest to postpone it to get to upper discount level. Payment would have to be by either certified bank check or Paypal account (Plus 3% fee). Your name and address would be forwarded to company who would ship product directly to you. I was also informed to add that anyone living in either Hawaii or Alaska would have to add another $20.00 for shipping.

GARY

2009%20appguide.pdf.pdf

http://www.activesuspension.com/home.html

4. Jul 1, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    If I could get enough good feedback about this setup I would definitely be in for a GB.

5. Jul 3, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    cntstan

From the research I've done, this looks like a great product. It's not for off roading but helps in normal driving and when your vehicle occasionaly has heavy load or towing situations. It also has an easy install and a good warranty. I just hope enough people are interested to get the discount price.

Gary

6. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    GROUP BUY CANCELLED

Obviously not enough people are interested in this product, so much for a group buy, I'll look into getting one from an authorized retailer if I decide to get one at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top