Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 7!! Ends 7/14/09

Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #41
ratch3t has a spectacular aura aboutratch3t has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Aviation Ordnanceman
ratch3t's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Have you changed your stock headlamps out? Because from what I know the 9003/HB2 bulbs are the same as the H4 bulbs which should be in your headlamps. If your headlamp is still stock yes I do have a kit it is the H4 Bixenon kit which comes with the wiring harness to allow both low and high beam. We can also get the 6000K. If I may have answered your question wrong please let me know.

Yeah, i got the ACA projector headlights, they take a D1S Bulb type.. I still have stock wiring though.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #42
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratch3t View Post
Yeah, i got the ACA projector headlights, they take a D1S Bulb type.. I still have stock wiring though.
Ok I see... does the stock wiring have an adapter to plug into the D1S bulbs? If so than you should be fine getting the D1S kit.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #43
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery
I can HIGHLY recommend these lights and working with Slim. Got my 6000's in the last group by. I love them. I have not been flashed one time for them being too bright for oncoming traffic.

Also, I have attached the install manual from these kits. Little hard to read, that is due to the original. However, you wonít really need these instructions, I just include it for those that want to read about and drool even more while they wait on their package from Slim.

Before I forget, don't waste your time trying to find a better deal. The quality on these can't be beat, and the price is AWESOME!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slim-HID.pdf (5.77 MB, 131 views)
Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre2tSco2t View Post
I can HIGHLY recommend these lights and working with Slim. Got my 6000's in the last group by. I love them. I have not been flashed one time for them being too bright for oncoming traffic.

Also, I have attached the install manual from these kits. Little hard to read, that is due to the original. However, you wonít really need these instructions, I just include it for those that want to read about and drool even more while they wait on their package from Slim.

Before I forget, don't waste your time trying to find a better deal. The quality on these can't be beat, and the price is AWESOME!
Thats what I was worried about, being too bright. I hate when a car behind me has some blinding headlights in my rearview.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #45
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Thats what I was worried about, being too bright. I hate when a car behind me has some blinding headlights in my rearview.
Just to give you an idea I had the 35w on my truck that was lifted 3" on 265 tires and never got flashed. Then I switched to the 50w to try those out and also never got flashed but did notice a lot of people puting there hands over there rear view mirros at red lights when I was behind them lol. Then again those were like Toyota Corollas and other small cars. But when I had the 35w it seemed to never be a problem.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #46
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Doubting Slim, his product, or price goes against everything in the book. Just turn in your membership to the human race. Great GB last time and am 100% satisfied with the product and its effectiveness.Keep up the great work Slim!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #47
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
Slimcubby or anyone else who may know

how many kelvins (K) are our stock 05+ lights??? and what are the advantages of these bulbs?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #48
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say the stock halogen bulbs are about 3000K in color temp. These lights would be similar to those found on higher priced vehicles like BMW, Lexus etc. They are brighter and whiter than regular halogen bulbs.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #49
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly is the benefit to the telescopic bulbs vs the standard bulbs?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #50
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
What exactly is the benefit to the telescopic bulbs vs the standard bulbs?
Telescopic bulbs keeps the use of highbeams while standard bulbs are just single beam, used mainly for foglights, which don't need a dual beam setup.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #51
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. Thanks for the info humanoid!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #52

Humanoid thanks for helpin me out! I have been beatin people up for the past 2 hours in jiu jitsu lol.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #53
bite me

Haha! Always glad to help you out, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Humanoid thanks for helpin me out! I have been beatin people up for the past 2 hours in jiu jitsu lol.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I have the 50w 6000k heads and fogs and get flashed all the time. But thats because i put on a three inch lift and never adjusted them down. lol
Lol yea I hear ya. I had the 50's as well for a bit and after I adjusted I was A-OK. Bright as hell huh!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #56
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
bump for a good guy!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #57
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
im in! i dont really need new lights for fog.. because i just got some piaa's... but ill take the slim ballast. H4 6000k bixenon telescopic.. i think thats everything.. send me a PM
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #58
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #59
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of piaas did you get for your fogs?and is it just bulbs or the whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post
im in! i dont really need new lights for fog.. because i just got some piaa's... but ill take the slim ballast. H4 6000k bixenon telescopic.. i think thats everything.. send me a PM
Old 07-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #60
blackhawk63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ali
blackhawk63's Tacoma Gallery
what size are bulbs for 02 tacoma?